• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Rhyno Nation!

I'm sorry to say that I am withdrawing my application for citizenship in Rhyno Nation. I took it out for a last practice round before my tournament and didn't find any needs for it that weren't covered by my Aviar or Zone (just booted out the Harp last night). I won't give up though; I promise I'll take the Rhyno out for a round at the local pitch-and-putt course and see how it goes!

I found the same thing with the Ringer (think Rhnyo without the Thumbtrac). Between my Zone and Wizs, I don't a slot for it. If I was throwing a neutral or US putter (Wizs are slightly OS IME) I would still bag it, but not in my current setup. Maybe I should reconsider it though.

I have plenty of hard Tanks with my stamp... but none I would call flat.

EDIT: I didn't hear about the Recon Tanks, I'll have to look into that.

I may just cave in a grab the most flat ish tank I can find. I've recently fallen in love with the polecat as my primary approach disc. Seeing as you are such a big proponent of the polecat it makes me feel compelled to try other molds you suggest. I just need to find another approach disc to pair with the polecat. The only time it doesn't really work for me is in windy condition or longer approach shots that I need to hyzer.

I was gifted a 175g R-Pro San Marino Rhyno flat top (pat# on thumbtrack, but not on flight plate). It's super grippy and fairly soft (not the softest/floppiest somewhere around g* softness). What is the consensus on these? I have a star and a g* Rhyno, but haven't thrown them in years. I took out the R-Pro yesterday and had mixed results. On some approaches it was a little bouncy while on another shot I smacked the top band from about 85 feet out and it dropped straight down. I'm still uncertain if this will replace the Gator in my bag.

Just a heads-up, my new Rhyno stamp is finished!!!
I hope to get Innova East to stamp it before everything shuts down. They only have blank DX Rhynos right now, but they are pretty flat. We will also pay extra to have some flattened in the machine. Anyone have insight on how many regular Rhynos to flattened Rhynos we should get?

Hey all, I am hoping y'all can give me some good info about the Rhyno. I've read through this thread a good bit but it seems like some of the posts / info is older and I know how much runs can change over time.

Long story short: I am looking for a very low glide slightly OS putter for approaches and off the tee on short holes. My throwing putters are a Sky God P2, Opto-X Pure and puddle top zone but they can all get a little too long sometimes or too skippy coming into the green. During the winter I was using a Supersoft Slammer and it was perfect but with temps above freezing it was too floppy. I could throw it on a slight anny and it just moved super slow in the air while trying to flatten out and then just plop, not fade when it was done. If I need the fade I could throw it with a hint of hyzer and then it would hold that angle and fade. On short drives it was easy to gauge and didn't want to go far and also didn't fade much while still being very HSS. My thought is maybe a Rhyno could be like that during normal temps. Can anyone confirm this and recommend plastic types. Obviously I can't get to a store in person with everything going on. It also seems that most of these posts seem to agree that old R-Pro was great and new R-Pro Rhynos are not stable or very good. That and that Gummy Champ is the way to go but I can't find a gummy champ anywhere. Would love to have some help in finding a good disc for this spot, I know the berg is also an option. Oh and for reference I usually throw my P2 / Pure around 300' and would like a disc like this for shots under 220-250'

Thanks!

Just a heads-up, my new Rhyno stamp is finished!!!
I hope to get Innova East to stamp it before everything shuts down. They only have blank DX Rhynos right now, but they are pretty flat. We will also pay extra to have some flattened in the machine. Anyone have insight on how many regular Rhynos to flattened Rhynos we should get?
When do we get to see?

Hey all, I am hoping y'all can give me some good info about the Rhyno. I've read through this thread a good bit but it seems like some of the posts / info is older and I know how much runs can change over time.

Long story short: I am looking for a very low glide slightly OS putter for approaches and off the tee on short holes. My throwing putters are a Sky God P2, Opto-X Pure and puddle top zone but they can all get a little too long sometimes or too skippy coming into the green. During the winter I was using a Supersoft Slammer and it was perfect but with temps above freezing it was too floppy. I could throw it on a slight anny and it just moved super slow in the air while trying to flatten out and then just plop, not fade when it was done. If I need the fade I could throw it with a hint of hyzer and then it would hold that angle and fade. On short drives it was easy to gauge and didn't want to go far and also didn't fade much while still being very HSS. My thought is maybe a Rhyno could be like that during normal temps. Can anyone confirm this and recommend plastic types. Obviously I can't get to a store in person with everything going on. It also seems that most of these posts seem to agree that old R-Pro was great and new R-Pro Rhynos are not stable or very good. That and that Gummy Champ is the way to go but I can't find a gummy champ anywhere. Would love to have some help in finding a good disc for this spot, I know the berg is also an option. Oh and for reference I usually throw my P2 / Pure around 300' and would like a disc like this for shots under 220-250'

Thanks!

I have a gstar rhino, it's been my main approach disc for 3 years or so. Its losing some of its hss now but not a lot. Still very OS and flys like a brick, definitely the least glide I've notices in a disc.
I like the gstar; firm, grippy, flat.
I keep thinking I'll grab a champ compare stability but I haven't got around to it yet.

Thanks!

Any Flat Rhyno would be what you are looking for. Domey ones tends to stay in the air long enough to fade, whereas the flat ones just dump down. Good luck finding a flat Rhyno in anything other than DX or R-Pro though. The Berg is probably your easiest option though.

Unveiling the new Rhyno stamp! We are opening the new Rhyno stamp for pre-orders; the form is located HERE.

Innova East is currently open for custom stamping but I have no guarantee they will stay open. We are expecting these to ship before May but, of course, we can't promise that.

92466028_3665198440218870_4348477739490082816_n.jpg

92360334_3665198500218864_1703368773869764608_n.jpg

I am looking for a very low glide slightly OS putter for approaches and off the tee on short holes.

and would like a disc like this for shots under 220-250'

Have you looked into the Bullfrog at all? From what I understand, it is low glide and short. Also from my limited experience the feel would be closer to that of your normal throwing putters because it does not have a thumbtrack.

I carry Bullfrogs and Rhynos and they get all of my 200'-210' approach shots. I like this combo not just for the flights I get, but the discs feel very similar to me in regards to the volume of the rim.

Not having to change my grip gives me a bit more confidence going back and forth between the two.

Have you looked into the Bullfrog at all? From what I understand, it is low glide and short. Also from my limited experience the feel would be closer to that of your normal throwing putters because it does not have a thumbtrack.

I wish I had waited to get my brother a new putting putter, currently he uses the Stud and he was using for years since 2005 (he and I started in last weekend in July 2003) an old 2000's full flat top Gator beat to fly straight for his putter until I got the DX Stud for my brother in Dec 2017 for Christmas. I did not know a disc would come out, the Bullfrog that would be a putter closer to what a beat in Gator is. DX Stud is close in a putter version of A DX Gator, when a DX Gator is new. Now the almost dead Gator is in his beginner bag as the putter, along with his newer or less beat in DX Gator for approach stuff. He now has a Metal Flake Champion for approach stuff he will not use his outside circle less beat in stud for and a G-star for his even longer approach/hill approach and driving putter slot I got him both one for Christmas the other his birthday. I lucked out with one of his DX Stud and found one in the colors of his old Gator putting putter including Stamp color and both at the weight he likes 173-174 grams for his putting putters.

Last edited:

Latest posts