• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] RIP Gazelle

billnchristy

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Apparently it has been discontinued. :mad:

I just ordered a couple new ones and a 150 class. These will not be thrown, I still have a daily driver 1st run and 9x KC Pro.

171%20Thomsons%20gazelle.jpg

sob

my condolences. THis is how I felt when the MRX was discontinued. E Bay is now your best friend. BUy up a few before they become to rare.

I really don't throw mine much any more, but as my first disc it will always be special.

Attachments

• gazelle.jpg
    gazelle.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 89
I tried a Gazelle once and didn't love it, but I agree that it's idiotic of them to discontinue beginner-friendly discs like this while over-hyping the latest speed 17 drivers. What's next, the Leopard??

Gazelle was my first disc too....I will have to pick some up:)

Apparently it has been discontinued. :mad:

What's your source, do you have a link? At Discgolfcenter.com, they say this about the Champion KC Pro Gazelle:

"This version of the Gazelle has the KC Pro 11x stamp and is becoming very hard to find. This version is out of print and has been discontinued."

I'm going to quote myself. This was my post over on Disc Golf Review this morning:
Working Stiff said:
I read somewhere that Innova was working on a new fairway driver that is designed specifically to be dead stable out of the box in premium plastic. All of the Innova fairway drivers predate CE and were designed to be run in DX. Even the Leo has a fair bit of stability out of the box becasue it was designed to beat in as a DX disc. None of those discs were designed to fly out of the box in their intended flight. If they (Innova) are seriously going to redo the fairway driver line-up to feature Champ and Star discs, old slow-selling discs like the Viper and Gazelle (that really didn't translate well into premium plastic, which was half the problem with selling them anyway) probably have to go just to make room.
This is why I think the Gazelle died. It doesn't make it any easier.
010-1.jpg

Look at the bright side, once you try this new fairway driver you're going to forget all about the Gazelle, or the Leopard, or the CE line or anything that Innova used to make that you loved.

maybe they'll change the roc mold to have a swirl on the bottom like the turbo putt. It's going to be great.

It's going to be a newer better love that you have now - so you have that going for you. And if you like the old stuff then you can pay someone 5X what you could get it for 4 years ago to get it.

Congratulations

This is one of my first and favorite disc.. I hope Innova isn't cancelling the production of Gaz.. If it is so , then I better go find some more of my favorite thing!

Why are they getting rid of the Gazelle and what is replacing it? Why do they get rid of any discs, people still seem to like some of the discontinued ones.

Why are they getting rid of the Gazelle and what is replacing it? Why do they get rid of any discs, people still seem to like some of the discontinued ones.
They have limited production capacity. If they get too many molds in the regular line-up, they don't have enough machines to crank them all out. So you end up out of stock or with only goofy weights in stock, which is no good for business.

What will happen I'm sure is that they will have a small run at some point of glow Gazelles or Star Gazelles and put them in the CFR program. So then if you need your Gazelle fix you can pay $20.00 for it and the extra cash will go toward a tournament prize purse. The CFR disc come and go so far as being in stock, so there is no great pressure to schedule a run of them if you run low like you would for a disc in the regular line-up.

BTW, the Goblin got the Axe as well. I really didn't shed a tear over that one. At any rate, it was a bad day for Innova discs starting with "G."

I bought my daughter a Gazelle to get her into DG (unsure of weight, but it's DX), and she's pretty much given up on it (who knew a 10-year-old would become such a self-assertive "diva" and dismiss Daddy's ideas for some great quality family time?), so maybe I'll part with it if you (or anyone else) is interested.

Speaking of the Leopard, where can I find the clear (is is Candy?) PRO Leopard? My wife has one and loves it, but she's ready to move up from the low-weight that she has, but I just haven't been able to find the clear Pro plastic ANYWHERE...maybe I'll repost in the Marketplace (or craigslist)...

Latest posts