• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] River Pro

Just sort of a dumpy glideless disc.

Not over-stable enough to compete with a Banshee and is well short of a Teebird.

I spent quite a bit of time with mine and in the end just said, what's the point of this disc? Might be good in another plastic, but I'm not going to try and find out when it's available. Now it sits in my to be traded box.

I must have gotten a relatively good one (emphasis on relatively.) After 3 rounds of using just the River Pro for drives and ~250' or greater fairway shots, mine is flying almost like a Teebird but still with less glide. On both FH and BH throws it has been almost laser straight to about 250'. It has shown a gentle fade, not dumpy. I was throwing it in the rain today, so standstill throws on the teepads, and even at the lower power it was a straight flyer. The only way it even came close to flying like a Firebird was when I gave it some height and more hyzer to force it to fade out more. For context, I throw about 300', 330' max with fairway drivers and throw FH and BH about an equal amount of the time.

Another explanation is that I have just beaten it in with enough tree hits; the TC I played in was on a very wooded course (some players even skipped a hole or two) and my first time playing that course. I hit a ton of trees that day and the disc was definitely closer to a FB then. Not so much now.

I think a lot of people were hoping for a Teebird competitor, but with the added glide associated with the original River. This is more like a Banshee competitor (at least that's my first impression so far). That's a good thing if you're looking for that, but it's not a slot very many people are looking to fill in their bag. Maybe the production run will be more usable.

To be fair, I've thrown Teebirds more OS than the River Pro.

But out of the box I agree, it's OS enough to be semi utility. The key is however to beat it in. Just like the Saint Pro the idea is to create a disc that once really beat in flies like the River, and not just for 2 months, like a River.

I've replaced my Saint and I have no doubt I'll be able to replace my River. :)

The key is however to beat it in.

This is what I have found; after beating it up in the woods, I am liking this disc more. Thinking of picking up a River to compare. Still not a Teebird though.

Picked up a stock stamp River Pro today...interesting flight numbers from Latitude 64: 9(!?),6,-1,2

I didn't throw it much today; I'll need a few more throws, plus smooth out a bit of flashing. I'll figure out then what to really think of it.

Have we reached a verdict on how the colors fly? My white one feels like a driver but flies just like a Gator. TeeBird Rival? More like Viper/Whippet/Moab rival.

I have a yellow one that after some heavy testing flies close to a fresh current Champ Teebird. Actually pretty happy with it considering all the other mostly negative feedback I've heard and read.

Have we reached a verdict on how the colors fly? My white one feels like a driver but flies just like a Gator. TeeBird Rival? More like Viper/Whippet/Moab rival.
Mine flew like that until I got that horrible flashing off. Now Champ Teebird comparison fits.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Grabbed one of those gorgeous Gold Line Bursts tonite. Hoping with GL it will get to that beat in sweet spot some of you mention a bit sooner.

What weights did the GL Bursts run in?

Were there any lighter ones ( in this first run ) that came out in the 165-167 range...???

All I have found was 173+ searching around all the bigger online retailers...

I did pick up a pink Opto in a 167 to test out though :thmbup:. Also l grabbed a 173 lavender burst too, don't know if I'll throw it but I will have one in my Trotter Box stash.

What weights did the GL Bursts run in?

Were there any lighter ones ( in this first run ) that came out in the 165-167 range...???

All I have found was 173+ searching around all the bigger online retailers...

I did pick up a pink Opto in a 167 to test out though :thmbup:. Also l grabbed a 173 lavender burst too, don't know if I'll throw it but I will have one in my Trotter Box stash.

I haven't seen any below 170.

Yeah most are very OS. I've thrown white, pink and blue all flying simular.

Funny enough I happened to get my hands on two sexy white/transparent burst, both with lower PLH and stability. The beat up one even shows some turn when thrown flat.

Can't wait to hear more about the Gold ones!

Threw my GL Burst River Pro today in mild winds. Wow. Not what I expected. Not sure if it's the Gold line, but I had read of no glide, dumpy fade. This disc has tons of glide, solid HSS, and flew great.

I wonder if they tweaked the TC mold.

Threw it alongside an Opto Fortress, Opto Saint Pro, 2017 Sexton Firebird, and a GL Spark.

The Firebird and the Spark were on a different level for over-stability. The other 3 were all similar, flew well and resisted wind for a medium power.

Threw my GL Burst River Pro today in mild winds. Wow. Not what I expected. Not sure if it's the Gold line, but I had read of no glide, dumpy fade. This disc has tons of glide, solid HSS, and flew great.

I wonder if they tweaked the TC mold.

Threw it alongside an Opto Fortress, Opto Saint Pro, 2017 Sexton Firebird, and a GL Spark.

The Firebird and the Spark were on a different level for over-stability. The other 3 were all similar, flew well and resisted wind for a medium power.

Nooo! Not when I just gave up on them and other myself 8 Saint Pro. :D
I bet the first run will be money for cyclers? Hopefully they keep opto OS, then it would compete with the Saint Pro for sure.

Finally got to test the GL River Pro.

The TC Opto River Pro turned out exactly what I thought it would be after reading opinions. Glideless and dumpy. The GL River Pro was a completely different disc. This disc had a ton of glide and held up to full power without turning. A reasonable amount of fade at the end of the flight, but nothing like the TC river pro. Forced annys held it most of the flight and faded out at the end.

The GL is the flight I was hoping for when I heard it was going be "a more stable River." Still has that sought after glide but has HSS and fade. Great disc and will probably be bagging them over my Rivals. I'd recommend giving the GL river pro a chance.

Finally got to test the GL River Pro.

The TC Opto River Pro turned out exactly what I thought it would be after reading opinions. Glideless and dumpy. The GL River Pro was a completely different disc. This disc had a ton of glide and held up to full power without turning. A reasonable amount of fade at the end of the flight, but nothing like the TC river pro. Forced annys held it most of the flight and faded out at the end.

The GL is the flight I was hoping for when I heard it was going be "a more stable River." Still has that sought after glide but has HSS and fade. Great disc and will probably be bagging them over my Rivals. I'd recommend giving the GL river pro a chance.

Damn! If it wasn't for the fact that they're so close to the older Saint Pros i would have started cycling at once.
Friend bought one so it to be interesting to compare it to my beat in TC opto.

Latest posts