• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] roc

tuna

Birdie Member
hey everyone,

for the winter I'm going to try basically a mid only bag. i have dx roc, flat top roc, kc roc, flx drone, wizard and my putters. everything is going well so far but i do notice i need something for high speed stable for longer drives. all of my mids are well used. what do you guys suggest for a more high speed stable mid that will go 300 +?

I suppose i could do that. If i do though dx kc flat top star or what do you suggest?

tried those and for whatever reason i hate em. They just don't fly quite right for me

Drone
Hornet
Mace
Roc3
Pain
Shockwave
Obex
Cro
Shark3
M1
Demon
Verdict
Suspect
Wasp
Vector
Tensor
Z Buzzz
Axis

could just disc up to a stable fairway driver too.

The "new" mids like the roc3 to me seem that you have to throw them as hard as possible to make them fly like they should. If you don't throw them that way you get different results every time you throw them.

The "new" mids like the roc3 to me seem that you have to throw them as hard as possible to make them fly like they should. If you don't throw them that way you get different results every time you throw them.

maybe you would benefit from a banshee/resistor kinda disc over a +HSS mid?

shark3 and wasp should like they might do well. I have thrown wasps in the past and really liked them but how do they hold up for hss? If the disc is going to turn over that is perfectly fine as long as it will come back! Yea i throw a lot of drones but you can't make em go straight lol

normally i throw firebird teebird leonard. but for what ever reason this winter i am enjoying my mids and so far the difference in score is minimal.

any disc which is beaded generally keeps its HSS longer.

teebird/volt/saint also are very good straight fairway drivers with little turn and reliable fade.

shark3 and wasp should like they might do well. I have thrown wasps in the past and really liked them but how do they hold up for hss? If the disc is going to turn over that is perfectly fine as long as it will come back! Yea i throw a lot of drones but you can't make em go straight lol

Pro D Drone.

Also, you say you threw Wasps and really liked them, but then ask how they fly? ???

Last edited:
If you're happy with your Rocs, get a new DX or KC, they are plenty stable for 300'+ shots. You could also get a Roc in Star plastic, it's more durable and has good HSS.

If you feel like trying out something new, there are tons of options.

thanks walde I am very happy with rocs. Any input on differences in 10x 11x 12x? Is one going to be more stable then another? Right now i am throwing used 12x no numbers

z wasp is what you want. its high speed stable but wont be a meathook like your drone

Latest posts