• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salomons for Disc Golf and Running shoes

jartiv

Birdie Member
Looking to buy a pair of shoes... any advice on Salomons? I want to use them for Disc Golf and trail running... I know thats pretty broad. I like running style shoes for disc golf, high ankles are weird to me.

I have a pair of Salomon XA Pro 3d Ultra's I absolutely love. I've played maybe 20 rounds with them. Seem to do really well. Plus it has the Goretex which is really nice. I ordered them off of ZBsports.com If you hurry, they have some sizes on sale today in that model for $88 which is DIRT CHEAP. Hope that helps!

I have a pair of the XA Pro 3d Ultra also with the gore tex. I've had them for over a year and a half, and only wear them when extremely wet outside or in the snow, so they don't get much use. I've played probably 100 rounds in them and have only one complaint. If you draw the string tight for the lacing system they kind make the top of the foot around the ankle at the tounge uncomfortable. So I just don't cinch them tight, just snug. They have held up really well the tread is great, and they are still waterproof, no tears or rips.

if you buy salomons, get them on zappos, i play alot and i am on my third free pair.... they are nice shoes but they wear out pretty fast, the shoe laces break pretty easy. zappos offers a one year warranty on solomons, if they wear out before a year, just send em back and get some new ones....pretty sweet deal

^^^Looks like I just found a way to buy and ruin my favorite disc golf shoes.

As for the shoes, if you drag your foot on the pad at all, XT Wings will disintegrate. The pair I had were incredible...for about three months. The grip was outstanding and wore well except for my toe where I drag it on the pad. The lacing system tucks right out place. I imagine it's the same cabling they use in their ski boots. It always stayed in place, rain or shine.

Anybody wear the Speedcross 2? I've been looking to get a pair, but Salomons run pretty narrow and constrict my forefoot too much. Despite this, I liked my XA Pro Ultra GTX pair until I sent them back to backcountry.com (LIFETIME satisfaction guarantee!!!).

I love the soles on the Speedcross.

I've worn the Speedcross 2's this summer for 100 rounds or so. They are narrow, the treads are aggressive and shed mud well but cement tee pads have worn them down quite alot. The uppers are mesh and breath well but are not water proof. They do dry quick though. They are great for trail running, which I need to do more of.
I throw LHBH and drag my right foot and their starting to tear at the toe. So thanks to this thread I've contacted Zappos customer service, so hopefully I get some new ones.

See I played in flip flops for 5 years up until this past summer when I got my very first pair of light hikers... they were a cheaper pair of columbias that were only 50 bucks. But they lasted from july to about the beginning of november.

Anyways, the part that wore out the most is on both sides of my toes on my pivot foot. I think this happens when I drive, but there are pretty much holes on both sides of my toes now, and it has made it really hard for me to plant and pivot on that lead foot. Anyone else have problems with this? Any idea how Salomons hold up?

if i could go back and get some shoes for disc golf only, i would get a pair of keens, with the really thick toe rubber. i had a pair that lasted over a year, and were pretty much waterproof. those didnt wear out as a shoe, but rather became too stinky to put on my feet...salomons are nice but unless you play 2-3 rounds a week(i play about 2 a day), they wont last . but if youdo get solomons get em through zappos....

I have the XT wings. I love the comfort, but hate the durability. I was really disappointed with these shoes. These things are the biggest hunk of crap I've ever played in. Holes in the mesh, lacing system snapped, and the sole wore out really fast. All this happened within a 2-3 month period.

I'm going back to merrell from now on. I can't believe I left them in the first place.

Most everything I have seen has been negative on Salomon's as far as discing goes. Especially the quick lace system. But again, that is just what I have read in other people's reviews while I was shopping myself. I will swear by my Merrell Moabs. I picked them up in late May/early April and haven't had to think about them since. I bought them from REI's return/defect section for like $30 which is a steal, so I have no idea how many miles were put on them before I got them. The only thing wrong with them, is the fabric inside the heel was worn out when I got them. This problem has not gotten worse since I bought them and I'm pretty rough on my shoes.
I play a few rounds a week and have zero complaints. Granted, I don't toe drag so I can't tell you how they would hold up to that. But, I can tell you that they keep my feet dry and comfortable even in wet conditions. I played 46 holes last Sunday and the soreness of my feet was about the forth or fifth ache I would have listed if you'd asked.
I'm curious about the
Milo.
If nothing else, to support a company that is supporting disc golf.

Latest posts