Scorecard playoff?

My sympathy is with the courses who just spent three or four rounds providing ample empirical evidence to prove that the two players are equal that day.

Who are we to just ignore their work, declare they must be wrong, and demand a different conclusion by creating some sort of tie-breaker? (Which can only be a coin flip disguised by smoke and mirrors.)

My sympathy is with the courses who just spent three or four rounds providing ample empirical evidence to prove that the two players are equal that day.

Who are we to just ignore their work, declare they must be wrong, and demand a different conclusion by creating some sort of tie-breaker? (Which can only be a coin flip disguised by smoke and mirrors.)
I agree, especially since players are only playing against the course(s) and not directly against their field. Just let first place ties stand. Then, do the putting competition as an entertaining side game that determines who gets first place money but the tournament title remains shared. ;)

What about starting the bottom 1/2 of the cards on hole #10. That should allow the remaining cards to start 2-3 hours earlier, maybe more than that.
One problem with this is after those bottom cards play holes 10-18 they would arrive at hole 1 and there will probably still be groups waiting to start their round.
(I'm pretty sure ball golf does this)

What about starting the bottom 1/2 of the cards on hole #10. That should allow the remaining cards to start 2-3 hours earlier, maybe more than that.
One problem with this is after those bottom cards play holes 10-18 they would arrive at hole 1 and there will probably still be groups waiting to start their round.
(I'm pretty sure ball golf does this)
At most events the ladies are on the course prior to the men so there would be no space to start MPO groups on 10. Even were the FPO not involved your groups teeing off on 10 would be winding up back at 1 with roughly 1/3 of the field still to tee (given typical 120 player field and 12 minute spacing).

Non-sanctioned events -- of course the TD can do what they want; I'd recommend they publish in advance if using something other than SD starting on hole 1;

On Chuck's suggestion, I don't like it for the exact same reason that I don't like the college football playoff, international tiebreaker in baseball/softball, shootouts and others -- you are choosing the winner by playing a different sport.

Before I go deep into what I am against, to me it's simple. The rules allow weather-shortened or time-shortened events to end in a tie for first. Just let it be. Now why I am against it? Each team getting one possession taking the football from the 25-yd-line (or 10-yd-line, or 2-yd-line) is a different sport. Shootouts are mostly a different sport, though PKs, when properly ruled ARE a part of thr game of soccer.

I respect Chuck's thoughts of a fair/consistent/whatever way to speed up and be efficient in playoffs. But that isn't what we came here for. Otherwise the entire event would be the putting comp. Playing some of the holes in sudden death or aggregate fashion is the closest to playing the round we just played as we can get. That is my reasoning.

Both of the currently allowable options (sudden death and aggregate playoff) are infinitely better than a putt off. Solution to timeliness is cut the bottom of the field before Sunday or not have the FPO on the same course as MPO.
Since DGPT uses 2 courses now on every course...why not have players Open and FPO use different courses?

Now why I am against it? Each team getting one possession taking the football from the 25-yd-line (or 10-yd-line, or 2-yd-line) is a different sport. Shootouts are mostly a different sport, though PKs, when properly ruled ARE a part of thr game of soccer.

That's a little over-dramatic. It's also incorrect as it is clearly the same sport. They don't break out into a soccer match to tie-break a college football game.