• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Selah Ranch

I can't wait to get there, period! Wish list squared!

I've been discussing it with some of my group of friends to have a "Disc Golf Weekend" there. We usually play 5 - 8 courses in three days, but these two courses may at take up a day at least - maybe two.

I would devote a day to Selah. If you get there early you might be able to play each twice. With the carts its actually doable without killing yourself.

We played dubs with 4 people and it took a good 8 hours.

I can not friggin' wait for March as this is where I have booked my honeymoon. The new wife and I will be driving up for a two day stay in one of the cabins. I'm seriously stoked :thmbup:

So things went kinda cold on the two months of winter we had in Texas.???

My wife surprised me with reservations over the last week in april for my birthday and I can't wait to get back. Last time i went i injured myself the first night and was only 100% for one round.

I'm def going to review them when i'm done. Lakeside, and probably creekside to are top ten courses for sure.

Myself, StuMagoo and our wives will be renting a cabin may 5-6th. We can't wait to get out there.

In other news....many review later, still maintain a 5.0. Is Selah on its way to become the best course in Texas?

I personally like lakeside better. Its shorter, more scenic, and more technical. Creekside is more open, long bomb type of course. They both def give shawshank, circle c, and circle r rolling meadows a run for their money. I'd say its better than the last two. Shawshank is just a special place but selah is too.

If its not the best course in texas its the top disc gold experience in texas. I love the quiet, the serene, the private-ness, and it was lots of water in play. Did mention GOLF CARTS!

If you can book it i would highly recommend staying in the coral house. Its about 100 cheaper, more private, and bigger. I only stepped foot in the cabins for a couple seconds. They are nice but the coral house has personality. A texas flag stained concrete floor, antique furniture, pool table, big flat screen, covered porch with gas and pit grill, you get your privacy as your are 1/2 mile from the main house and cabins.

Supposedly theres a pro shop but it wasn't open when i was there

This was our rig for two days. Its really amazing how much energy you save from carrying your bag and picking it up/putting down 50 times during a round.
100MEDIAIMAG0084.jpg

We couldn't stop playing but the sun was going down. This is the view from the top of the hill behind 14's basket on lakeside. You can see the island that 7's basket is on straight ahead and the peninsula on the far right is where one's basket sits.
100MEDIAIMAG0090.jpg

By the time we played 15 and 16 the thick fog was set in. It was a very surreal.
IMAG0097.jpg

I can not friggin' wait for March as this is where I have booked my honeymoon. The new wife and I will be driving up for a two day stay in one of the cabins. I'm seriously stoked :thmbup:

I think we may have met you on Sunday as you were finishing up.

That was my second time at Selah. We played much faster this time as a twosome than a foursome. I can see maybe playing 4 rounds as a twosome. As a foursome, two rounds took the whole day.

Ashleigh and I are spending a day there in April, we're planning on playing two rounds on each course.

So you first course in TX? I'm be interested to see how it stacks up against the other 564.

Ashleigh and I are spending a day there in April, we're planning on playing two rounds on each course.

Cool! I have been anxiously waiting for some out of state trusted reviewers to review it. If it holds up, I will def make the drive. I am just paranoid about it being over rated... like The Rez in Mississippi.:popcorn:

Cool! I have been anxiously waiting for some out of state trusted reviewers to review it. If it holds up, I will def make the drive. I am just paranoid about it being over rated... like The Rez in Mississippi.:popcorn:

A lot of people have said that they're waiting for more out-of-state trusted reviewers to give their opinions on Selah, and I understand their desire to have that level of validation.

Let me offer my opinion, in case it's worth anything to anyone out there. Obviously I can't be completely objective when comparing the Selah courses to other courses around the country, so let me just compare them to other courses I've designed. The WR Jackson course at the IDGC is a great course (especially for gold players), is currently at 4.35, and every review in the last year has been at least 4 1/2. In my opinion, it is not in the same league as Selah Ranch. Harry Myers in Rockwell, one of my favorite courses, is currently at 4.40. It is also not in the same league as Selah Ranch.

The two courses at the Circle R Ranch (4.5 and 4.26) are wonderful, and they were very innovative when they opened thirteen years ago. As much as I love them, in my opinion, the Selah courses are at a whole different level from the Circle R courses.

In a nutshell, the two Selah courses are the best two courses I've ever done, hands down. When you consider the quality of the property, the quality of the construction, and the quality of the design, these two courses clearly outshine any courses I've ever been involved with. Add to that the wonderful people, the great lodging on site, and the chance to play all 36 holes with golf carts, and you get a unique disc golf experience that I recommend to every disc golf lover out there.

And just to be clear, I do not get compensated in any way to endorse Selah Ranch. I just want as many people as possible to enjoy those courses. And, of course, I also hope that disc golf will be successful at Selah, so that other wonderful places will want to build world class courses that will serve their existing customers and attract new ones. Hope that helps.

Thanks for that John. I think the disc golf is helping their reservation book, I hope I can get a conformation of this from the staff next month.

I'm glad you mentioned Selah as a total package, it is truly a unique experience.

A lot of people have said that they're waiting for more out-of-state trusted reviewers to give their opinions on Selah, and I understand their desire to have that level of validation.

Let me offer my opinion, in case it's worth anything to anyone out there. Obviously I can't be completely objective when comparing the Selah courses to other courses around the country, so let me just compare them to other courses I've designed. The WR Jackson course at the IDGC is a great course (especially for gold players), is currently at 4.35, and every review in the last year has been at least 4 1/2. In my opinion, it is not in the same league as Selah Ranch. Harry Myers in Rockwell, one of my favorite courses, is currently at 4.40. It is also not in the same league as Selah Ranch.

The two courses at the Circle R Ranch (4.5 and 4.26) are wonderful, and they were very innovative when they opened thirteen years ago. As much as I love them, in my opinion, the Selah courses are at a whole different level from the Circle R courses.

In a nutshell, the two Selah courses are the best two courses I've ever done, hands down. When you consider the quality of the property, the quality of the construction, and the quality of the design, these two courses clearly outshine any courses I've ever been involved with. Add to that the wonderful people, the great lodging on site, and the chance to play all 36 holes with golf carts, and you get a unique disc golf experience that I recommend to every disc golf lover out there.

And just to be clear, I do not get compensated in any way to endorse Selah Ranch. I just want as many people as possible to enjoy those courses. And, of course, I also hope that disc golf will be successful at Selah, so that other wonderful places will want to build world class courses that will serve their existing customers and attract new ones. Hope that helps.
Thanks. Can't wait to play them. I really enjoyed H Meyers.

Well now I'm even more stoked for my weekend out there in May. :thmbup:

So you first course in TX? I'm be interested to see how it stacks up against the other 564.

At that point it will be something like my 30th course in Texas, but I am really excited to see how it stacks up to my favorite courses from other areas of the country.

^ that's what i thought but i didn't see any Texas courses on your profile. How many until 1000?

Wow, in another league than Harry Myers and WR Jackson? Played and loved em both. Gotta get up there! Take my son up there after we stock up with some floating discs.

Latest posts