• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Seperation Anxiety (Ion)

I've never heard any popping with my MVP discs...and I've bent the crap out of some of them trying to accelerate their break in.

I sent the disc off for evaluation because I was curious. I got it sent back to me, apparently it's not cause for concern. It still flies. All good in the' hood. :thmbup:

yeah it still flies but does it fly like it should? suprised they didnt hook ya up with another one.. if you are going through the trouble of shipping and then they ship it back i figured they would toss in another just b/c.. but if you are happy i guess thats all that matters :)

yeah it still flies but does it fly like it should? suprised they didnt hook ya up with another one.. if you are going through the trouble of shipping and then they ship it back i figured they would toss in another just b/c.. but if you are happy i guess thats all that matters :)

I cant speak for huk but if this happened to my favorite ion that is very beat-in I would want it back instead of a new replacement. I personally would not send my favorite disc away in the mail and would use it till it fell apart. I hope this never becomes an issue for mine. I have put it through the ringer to get it where I like it. If that kind of abuse didn't cause it to seperate, nothing will.

I can get all my mvp discs to click other than my soft opaque ion. All i do is grab either end and twist in opposite directions, work your way around the disc and you should be able to find a spot that clicks.

I cant speak for huk but if this happened to my favorite ion that is very beat-in I would want it back instead of a new replacement. I personally would not send my favorite disc away in the mail and would use it till it fell apart. I hope this never becomes an issue for mine. I have put it through the ringer to get it where I like it. If that kind of abuse didn't cause it to seperate, nothing will.

i understand that.. i would expect my other disc back too but was thinking if they were already going through the trouble they would just stick him a new one in there too for the trouble but yeah everyone seems happy on both ends so :thmbup:

i understand that.. i would expect my other disc back too but was thinking if they were already going through the trouble they would just stick him a new one in there too for the trouble but yeah everyone seems happy on both ends so :thmbup:

That was the ending to the story I was thinking about as well. Doesn't seem like an unreasonable thing to do, a little good PR never hurt anyone. Oh well, as long as the OP is content that is all that matters. :clap:

No issue at all with any of my Anodes or Ions, still a very satisfied customer.

My black neutron ion did the exact same thing. It hasn't changed the flight at all though. I did stop driving with it recently because it made me nervous Haha.

Last edited:
There has been some concern over this disc and we feel it would be helpful in clarifying if we provide our input here.

We have evaluated this disc, and the area of attention is not part of the overmold being separated from the core. It is a very normal phenomenon as a result of the mold seam where the overmold converges with the core. It occurs as a result of the way the material flows at the point of convergence when being molded. This mold seam will not separate from normal conventional use as well as some of the most abusive use, nor does this area affect performance in any way.

Thank you Huk_Finn for expressing your concerns as we work to improve our quality and performance standards to the highest level in the industry.

After the quick attentive responses I have got, I am no longer concerned.

Thanks for checking it out guys. The disc flies fantastic, I am a fan of MVP discs!

Last edited:
Yeah I was happy that mvp came in to clear that up. Never seen anything like that, and I have 2 ions, 5 anodes, an axis, 2 volts, and an amp. However I was getting a little worried about my black neutron anode thats in the mail, but glad its been put to rest

...We have evaluated this disc, and the area of attention is not part of the overmold being separated from the core. It is a very normal phenomenon as a result of the mold seam where the overmold converges with the core. It occurs as a result of the way the material flows at the point of convergence when being molded...

What exactly does that mean? I can't say for certain because I haven't seen it in person, but it definitely looks like there is a gap between the overmold and the core. It even looks like grains of dirt/sand have become lodged in between.

Don't get me wrong, I love MVP discs! I'm just trying to get a better understanding of what this is.

There has been some concern over this disc and we feel it would be helpful in clarifying if we provide our input here.

We have evaluated this disc, and the area of attention is not part of the overmold being separated from the core. It is a very normal phenomenon as a result of the mold seam where the overmold converges with the core. It occurs as a result of the way the material flows at the point of convergence when being molded. This mold seam will not separate from normal conventional use as well as some of the most abusive use, nor does this area affect performance in any way.

Thank you Huk_Finn for expressing your concerns as we work to improve our quality and performance standards to the highest level in the industry.
:confused:
If it happens during molding, isn't that a defect?
If it won't happen due to use or abuse, then how did it happen?

I'm not trying to incite anything, I'm genuinely confused by this statement.

:confused:
If it happens during molding, isn't that a defect?
If it won't happen due to use or abuse, then how did it happen?

I'm not trying to incite anything, I'm genuinely confused by this statement.

When the material is molten and flowing around the disc, the flow causes a seam where it meets the inner core. This is a natural molding occurrence that is unavoidable when overmolding our discs. Often, this can mimic the appearance of a 'crack' or 'separation' but this is not the case. This is not a defect, but rather a natural mold seam of overmolding. These molding marks are nothing to concern over, under the same circumstances that many discs have flash, which is another example of a molding by-product.

When the material is molten and flowing around the disc, the flow causes a seam where it meets the inner core. This is a natural molding occurrence that is unavoidable when overmolding our discs. Often, this can mimic the appearance of a 'crack' or 'separation' but this is not the case. This is not a defect, but rather a natural mold seam of overmolding. These molding marks are nothing to concern over, under the same circumstances that many discs have flash, which is another example of a molding by-product.
:)
Ahhh. OK. So like a reverse flashing. Got it. Thank you. ;)

Latest posts