• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Shameless new course petition plug

So what is the likelihood of getting a course going in Charleston if the petition reaches its goal?

:popcorn:

Sorry... this is Portsmouth, Ohio.... about an hour fifteen driving time from charleston.

I will be moving to the area in the very near future (about 1 month out... waiting for my medical license for Ohio). After that, I will have a course to play on ... if not at Shawnee State Park, it will be somewhere else nearby. I will keep trying until it happens. In the meantime, I will probably be buying 9 of the new prodigy baskets or innova baskets to go to my grandpa's 15 acre farm. They can/will be used for temp baskets in the future for a possible B tier or something of that nature. :clap:

signed, hope it happens thats an awesome area.

I think that it really offers a bunch of opportunity... and if we get the right piece of land, could have some major elevation change, wooded holes, somewhat open holes, and a few lake shots..... all on ONE course. :clap:

Folks, if you've ever driven through the area, you know the area is rolling with wooded hillsy goodness. And Shawnee State Park would be PERFECT. So let's keep bumping 'til every DGCR member has the chance to get in on the petition! :clap:

Sorry... this is Portsmouth, Ohio.... about an hour fifteen driving time from charleston.

I will be moving to the area in the very near future (about 1 month out... waiting for my medical license for Ohio). After that, I will have a course to play on ... if not at Shawnee State Park, it will be somewhere else nearby. I will keep trying until it happens. In the meantime, I will probably be buying 9 of the new prodigy baskets or innova baskets to go to my grandpa's 15 acre farm. They can/will be used for temp baskets in the future for a possible B tier or something of that nature. :clap:

My bad...we have a Shawnee park in Charleston. I do love playing new courses and have been known to drive much further to try them out. You should definitely keep this thread open especially if you need the volunteers to help build the course. I feel like this forum would be a great place to formulate a work party for a worthwhile cause!

My bad...we have a Shawnee park in Charleston. I do love playing new courses and have been known to drive much further to try them out. You should definitely keep this thread open especially if you need the volunteers to help build the course. I feel like this forum would be a great place to formulate a work party for a worthwhile cause!

No problem.... there are probably 20+ shawnee parks in the Appalachia area. I am actually in the process of signing with the WVANG.... so I will be spending plenty of time in the Charleston area also :thmbup:

No problem.... there are probably 20+ shawnee parks in the Appalachia area. I am actually in the process of signing with the WVANG.... so I will be spending plenty of time in the Charleston area also :thmbup:

Hit me up if you want to play a round when you make it in. Charleston has two nice courses now; a full 18 at Little Creek Park and another 27-holer at Redeemer less than ten minutes away!

Absolutely.... I was itching to go play the last time I was though. Stupid military physical made me think otherwise.

I have no problem at all signing the petition but is the donation a must? I guess if it is I can splurge for the 2 bucks lol

donation is not a must i wondered same thing just cuase i dont like being forced to pay somthing but not a must so gonna have gf sign and make a donation

Wow.... I just saw that the petitions site is the one asking for donations. The club is not asking for donations through that what so ever. The money goes to support the petition site... not the club. I apologize.

donation is not a must i wondered same thing just cuase i dont like being forced to pay somthing but not a must so gonna have gf sign and make a donation

The donations do not go to the club.... they go to the petition site. The club will not see any money donated. Sorry again.

Portsmouth is 30 mins from armco park where 2 good courses are in Ashland KY, 45 mins from Huntington where 2 more courses are. That isn't terrible. Before I built a public course that opened this year I had to drive an hour in any direction to play.

Ashland is a good 45 minute drive from Portsmouth - I drive it pretty often. Don't believe map sites on drive time around here - they're mostly wrong. Armco is as much of a home course as I have, and I don't get there as often as I'd like to.

The Portsmouth area is also in desperate need of something for people to do. Anything that will give people an outdoor activity would be a huge positive.

Ashland is a good 45 minute drive from Portsmouth - I drive it pretty often. Don't believe map sites on drive time around here - they're mostly wrong. Armco is as much of a home course as I have, and I don't get there as often as I'd like to.

The Portsmouth area is also in desperate need of something for people to do. Anything that will give people an outdoor activity would be a huge positive.

The Ashland-Huntington area was just recently voted the most miserable city to live in the US... for like 5 years running. Things like this can really help turn that around :thmbup: I don't think that people in the area understand how much of an impact that a good dg course could have. It could be a snowball effect for outdoor activities... and new parks!

Huntington is building a beautiful new skate park.... that is a step in the right direction.

The really sad part is that the scenery around Portsmouth is so damn beautiful.... I never thought so until moving away.