• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Should I do a course review?

There is some respect for who owns/designs a course that a site like this should provide. If the course gets listed somehow, then out of respect, there is nothing wrong with holding back the review process while the initial design is being implemented. That is, if the owner/designer requests this.

Once an initial design is completed, then reviewing has to be allowed. That makes sense... right? Wait until the first design is done and the course has the owner/designer's blessing...

That's my take on it... or $.02...

Sillybizz, can I ask why you didn't give Hoodsport Hills a full 5 stars?
Was it because of things related to it not being done?
Or some other reason?

It is an awesome course, so much so that I gave it a four; the first time I've done that for a (current) nine hole course. For reasons of being unfinished mostly, when I see nine more just like it you can do expect a 4.5 out of me at the very least and yes I change my rating. All that being said... Quit worrying about the rating! .... *mumbling* this is why we need review only, no rating...

The other course besides Hoodsport Hills that I am involved with building is Evergreen State College
And I am concerned it is receiving some lower reviews (Sillybizz actually gave it it's best review) Because of temp Teepads & signs.
The course isn't even close to being finished.

Great course, love the design and property. Me personally I don't rate based on tee signs, tee pads, navigation, bag holders, benches, etc. but maybe you are getting lower ratings based on it who knows. Not from me anyway. Again stop with the rating worry... I have it rated as high as any nine hole course I ever played, niners don't get fours usually... In fact no niners right now score above 3.8; that's the BEST niner on the site. Again don't worry about ratings...

I know for Hoodsport Hills it's a matter of pride for the whole MCDGA club, because we really are trying to build the best rated course in the universe.
For Evergreen College, it's kind of a personal thing, because I think of that course as my baby now.
(Of course, I couldn't do that without the all the help from the rest of SPSDGA)

If you are traveling around looking up courses, you won't want to play a low rated college course.
Evergreen College is evolving into something that deserves to be played, but non locals won't show up if it gets terrible reviews

Last edited:
I do appreciate the time taken for your review sillybizz.
If people take the time to actually read them, they will know what's up, because you were very clear.

Definitely appreciate the work done at both courses. You can see at evergreen how you guys blazed fairways through that forest and great ones too! I think both courses will be in the discussion for best WA course along with Shelton Springs and a few others.

Latest posts