• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Should I do a course review?

If the course has officially opened without all necessary features , review it. I hate seeing courses open when teepads and baskets get put in, that is the easy stuff. As cheap as disc golf course are, there is no reason not to have proper signage, benches, trash cans.
Have you perhaps considered the "easy stuff" isn't so easy when you're actually doing the installation. A basket and concrete for a single teepad alone will probably run $500 minimum and that's with volunteer labor. Multiply that by the number of holes. Even when you have the money, sometimes it's a matter of getting the supplies on hand.

Some of you on here really need to let go of the notion that the people who put their blood, sweat and money into these little projects we enjoy somehow answer to this website. If you see a new course that's still a little raw around the edges, what's the harm in letting them fill out? Especially if you're going to likely be seeing it later on anyways.

you should at least update course conditions, say that it is unfinished
Or you could just update the Course Condition area so people know it's a work in progress.

Excellent suggestions! :thmbup:
Don't review the course until it's complete, unless you commit to coming back to play after it's complete to update your "partial" review accordingly.

Last edited:
I would just do the condition updates until it's really done. That is good advice.

This is my vote. If it's in your area it shouldn't be a big deal to make updates on it later. Save somebody like me time and gas money from going to a crappy course. We don't have a responsibility to the course installers but we have one to each other. If the course installers don't like it they can talk to timg personally about having the course removed or whatever.

This is my vote as well. If it sucks I want to know about it. It's also not hard to look at dates of reviews and see a course get better as it goes. People should be able to figure it out if you never change your review and the course gets higher marks as the years go on.

Give it a zero and move on, jeeez

Have you perhaps considered the "easy stuff" isn't so easy when you're actually doing the installation. A basket and concrete for a single teepad alone will probably run $500 minimum and that's with volunteer labor. Multiply that by the number of holes. Even when you have the money, sometimes it's a matter of getting the supplies on hand.

Some of you on here really need to let go of the notion that the people who put their blood, sweat and money into these little projects we enjoy somehow answer to this website. If you see a new course that's still a little raw around the edges, what's the harm in letting them fill out? Especially if you're going to likely be seeing it later on anyways.

You are preaching to the wrong guy about all of that scarp , I have donated more blood, time and personal money into my local club and course than anyone . I have design and installed benches, teepads, signs, holes, sleeves, Everything. I led one of best clubs in the state last year and added all of the amenities to our local course that it needed. I have seen way too many courses that open too early with just baskets and pads. baskets and good properly made pads would be closer to 650 total. what is 30 bucks to make a good sign? that is the easy cheap stuff. To open a course with out all the needed equipment is poor planning that i dont care for. a Good disc golf course is so much more than pads and basket.

You are preaching to the wrong guy about all of that scarp , I have donated more blood, time and personal money into my local club and course than anyone . I have design and installed benches, teepads, signs, holes, sleeves, Everything. I led one of best clubs in the state last year and added all of the amenities to our local course that it needed. I have seen way too many courses that open too early with just baskets and pads. baskets and good properly made pads would be closer to 650 total. what is 30 bucks to make a good sign? that is the easy cheap stuff. To open a course with out all the needed equipment is poor planning that i dont care for. a Good disc golf course is so much more than pads and basket.

West Park in Joliet IL is rated 3.65 and was put in in 1979 and it still has natural tee pads. All you need really to play DG is a disc and something to throw it at. I would prefer DG stay in the woods and remain more rustic myself. I do appreciate your effort though and do like the variety of different types of courses that we have to throw on now.

Good idea to use course condition. I'll check back in a couple months to see if they have made any progress.

Nothing has been cut on that course to date and probably will not be for a month or so. I personally would not call it open but it seems to have found its way on here as courses often do.

The problem is a course getting added to DGCR before it's officially open. You have to put the baskets in before pads and signs. You have to try out the holes before you get everything in place, and yes, you can do a certain amount of that a basket, but you really need that target in there to see how people will approach a hole. Players will try crazy things you never thought of, and you may discover that you have a serious issue, like a safety concern, on one of your holes. So baskets can be moved easily, much easier than a permanent concrete tee. So you don't want tees immediatley. So if there's a chance you may move teepads, do you really want to invest in signage that may have to be replaced? So you put pads and signs in later.

If you decide not to add it to dgcr, someone hears theres a new course, come buy and plays it sans pads and signs, adds it to dgcr and adds the info all wrong for the course.
If you add it to dgcr to prevent this, then people come buy and play it, think it sucks and slam it.
Or you throw it all in at once and hope to hell that you got everything right and don't have to move a teepad and change signage, cause thats gonna suck.

The problem is a course getting added to DGCR before it's officially open. You have to put the baskets in before pads and signs. You have to try out the holes before you get everything in place, and yes, you can do a certain amount of that a basket, but you really need that target in there to see how people will approach a hole. Players will try crazy things you never thought of, and you may discover that you have a serious issue, like a safety concern, on one of your holes. So baskets can be moved easily, much easier than a permanent concrete tee. So you don't want tees immediatley. So if there's a chance you may move teepads, do you really want to invest in signage that may have to be replaced? So you put pads and signs in later.

If you decide not to add it to dgcr, someone hears theres a new course, come buy and plays it sans pads and signs, adds it to dgcr and adds the info all wrong for the course.
If you add it to dgcr to prevent this, then people come buy and play it, think it sucks and slam it.
Or you throw it all in at once and hope to hell that you got everything right and don't have to move a teepad and change signage, cause thats gonna suck.
Yep
That's what I am saying

T
I'm pretty sure you can ask timg to have a course added but closed to reviews if you're the installer/designer. If not, that should maybe be an option. Maybe an option where new courses are unable to be reviewed until a future date set by the installer.

the former is true... you can add a course but not allow reviews

When you are trying to build the best rated course in the universe.
Any bad/low rated reviews will hold you back.

This is Disc Golf CourseReview. We review courses. Every course is a work in progress to a certain extent. If you live nearby and play the course a lot review the course and update your review as conditions improve. If the course is listed, you might as well review it and provide as much info as possible which will help other people who may want to play the course.

The other course besides Hoodsport Hills that I am involved with building is Evergreen State College
And I am concerned it is receiving some lower reviews (Sillybizz actually gave it it's best review) Because of temp Teepads & signs.
The course isn't even close to being finished.

We are still trying to overcome some of the older less than perfect (no concrete or signs) reviews of Shelton Springs
Keeping it from being a 5 star rated course.

Now if people would go back and modify their review based on the now finished course, it wouldn't be a problem, but people dont

Latest posts