• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Simon's Vlog

Bummer. Hard to believe there was a time when we had Will, Paul, Ricky, and Simon all healthy at the same time.
Fixed that for you. 4X Major Champ (3X USDGC), + Memorial and BSF.... All by the age of 25.

Has Eagle got hurt yet, aside from that time the ground came up and bit his hand?
He looks much healthier and on his way to playing here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNm3952DgCc
Hopefully Stokely provided some words of wisdom. The Injury > Rehab > Repeat cycle is one that he's very familiar with.

i think i might be gettin old

the 1000 foot holes seem miserable

Indeed... must be nice to be able to pull a 450+ drive out your @$$.

Couldn't find the back 9 on Paul's channel [ maybe he hasn't put it up yet?), but I did find this recent and interesting video with Simon.

I actually thought this was pretty fun, if not revealing.

Indeed... must be nice to be able to pull a 450+ drive out your @$$.

Couldn't find the back 9 on Paul's channel [ maybe he hasn't put it up yet?), but I did find this recent and interesting video with Simon.

I actually thought this was pretty fun, if not revealing.

The back nine comes out on Friday, per the video.

This course definitively proves that smaller baskets are not the answer, on how to make a course for pro players.

The back nine comes out on Friday, per the video.

This course definitively proves that smaller baskets are not the answer, on how to make a course for pro players.

I'm not sure I follow your logic. Care to explain?

Please....let's not go there.

I don't want to have a full fledged discussion, I'd simply like to understand his post. If its a jab at OMD or a joke, well played. If it's serious, I don't see the logic in "a long course proves that smaller baskets aren't needed."

Simons play in the last Simon/Paul video is GREAT, he hit every line..

But i feel like Simon plays better in this kind of "fun" round. . .and Paul never play good in "fun" rounds.
Paul often plays practice rounds semi bad. . .and then MUCH better in tournaments.....feels like Simon is the other way around.

I feel like Simon plays better in this kind of "fun" round. . .and Paul never play good in "fun" rounds.
Paul often plays practice rounds semi bad. . .and then MUCH better in tournaments.....feels like Simon is the other way around.

Seems that way.

Does anyone design courses for us Rec players anymore? Everything that's opening up around here is just getting longer and longer. I'll play the New London course at least once since it's close by, but this old guy doesn't stand a chance on a 1275 foot par 5. My goal for the day will be to keep my score under a hundred for the round.

Does anyone design courses for us Rec players anymore? Everything that's opening up around here is just getting longer and longer. I'll play the New London course at least once since it's close by, but this old guy doesn't stand a chance on a 1275 foot par 5. My goal for the day will be to keep my score under a hundred for the round.

It certainly looked like there was some selection of tees out at the course from the vlog. Even if they only have longer tees now, there may be plans to add shorter tees in the future. I know they have a definite plan to install rec tee pads to one of the more popular recently opened courses (Diavolo). I think that will get done some time in 2021? Regardless, multiple tees can definitely cater to multiple skill levels.

They definitely do. There is a new one near where I live that is a par 60, 20 hole course that is designed to be rec/protected division friendly but still fun for advanced players. Courses designed for the masses don't get a lot of media coverage though.

They definitely do. There is a new one near where I live that is a par 60, 20 hole course that is designed to be rec/protected division friendly but still fun for advanced players. Courses designed for the masses don't get a lot of media coverage though.

If you come down to GA you can have courses kick your butt as much or little as you want depending on where/what layout you play.

From living near you for 15 years, I'd say that there are more rec courses in the area than anything else. I'm not against building rec courses, but Peaks View, Sandusky, Lynchburg College, and the older Roanoke courses are all roughly in that range. There haven't been any pro level courses until the past 5ish years.

Also McBeth moving there and having a few months off to design courses has surely influenced what's going in the ground there.

There haven't been any pro level courses until the past 5ish years.

Also McBeth moving there and having a few months off to design courses has surely influenced what's going in the ground there.

My point exactly, everything that's going in now is pro level.

Peaks View dates back to 1998, it's still a fun rec course and it's packed all the time now. Maybe we need a few more courses that are just fun to play like Horizons Park, Cass Benton, Bayville, or Timmons.