• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So did anyone expect DG to become an addiction?

It took 2 years for my friends to get me to go play, just sounded stupid when I first heard about it. First time I played the conditions sucked, course was flooded, started to rain, and damn cold. It was so much fun I didn't care how bad it was out just wanted to throw the disc and watch it fly. Been hooked
ever since, play every week no matter what the weather is.

Hi, my name is Jukeshoe, and I'm a disc-a-holic.

I thought I would be able to try disc golf just once. I never thought I'd get hooked. The dealer gave me a couple of free throws with a beat up dx valk, and before I knew it I was....addicted.

:breakdownincatharticsobsmiley:
It's okay buddy, it's okay.

bob%20fight%20club.jpg

My name is uh, Dave, and I like to party, I mean disc golf.

Bill-Hader-Hot-Rod.13.jpg

Peebody, perhaps your addiction to this site is even greater than your addiction to disc golf...

When it was cold as well you know what outside my friend and I were playing mini golf in my house at night while multiple tv's had disc golf dvds playing(and yes the tv's were on). And yeah own a bunch of discs,play all the time look at stuff on line and on and on it goes

My name is Seth, my wife hates the time I give to disc. I usually get yelled at when I'm on dgcr, and I usually get yelled at through text when I'm discing, I love my wife and spend tons of quality time with her, but in truth, the reason she hates it is because she doesn't have an activity or hobby to equal my love for disc, I'm Seth and im a discgolfoholic.

I can proudly say I'm not a disc-a-holic. I got my DG under controll, once a week winter league, two or three pratice days, a tourny whenever I get a chance, maybe a round or two after lunch.
I think my son is hooked, he's plays at least once or twice a month. Thinking he needs to rehab. OH.. gotta go, my valk is calling me, time for her bath.

It was off and on for me for many years. I had other priorities. Not long after our first child I discovered a little course nearby that I hadn't known about. I hadn't really played in a few years. I pulled out my little bag of old, beat plastic and went and played. I began to realize how much I had formerly loved it and what I'd been missing, that was about six years ago.

Now I'm a full-blown discaholic and proud of it. I bought a DisCatcher Sport and added some extra chains (love that thing). I still have that old, beat plastic along with a serious stack or two of new discs. I've bought a lot that didn't work out. I've bought backups of favorites. The pile is growing. I've got discs hanging on the walls in my music room. I "invested" in a Revo Carolina with Quads this year. I'm buying discs for my 13 y/o nephew as well as my 3 y/o son. I try to get out once or twice a week and play.

I wonder what the hell I was thinking before children. Damn. I missed A LOT of disc golf. I'm making up for it.

I think the one thing that keeps me coming back is that the main course I play I tend to drink at while I play. So I'm killing two birds with one stone. I never thought I would spend time online reading up about the latest disc and throwing style though. The first time I went I could only throw a tommahawk and was really horrible. Now I can hardly throw one at all.

My addiction bloomed again this year when we got this new guy at work who, right away, was asking if anybody who worked here played disc golf.
I knew we'd get along just great.

I've been playing most of my life. My obsession with Disc Golf has gone from playing to promoting. I have a hard time saying 'No' to running a tournament or an event. I also spend a lot of time trying to get courses installed. With that being said, I'm now only running two-events a year and have sold four courses this year...5 in the last 15 months.

When I first heard of it, I thought it sounded retarded. Then I watched some guys I work with start going out in the morning after work, day after day, week after week; until finally I went out and tried it.

pretty much exactly this. also, my next door neighbor is a pretty highly respected pro and is really awesome about teaching me stuff, hooking me up with fresh discraft plastic, and helping to give me a proper introduction to the sport.

i was really intrigued after the first couple times i played, bought a couple discs, and started playing on the regular. got a hookup on some discs from my neighbor and an intro to the sport over painting his garage with him one afternoon, and the next time i went to the course i was hooked. i started playing every chance i could, learning to actually throw a golf disc, and i realized i'd stumbled across something pretty unique.

it's been disc golf all spring/summer/fall ever since then every day, it's been an absolute blast and i've met so many people in the process (plus re-kindled old friendships + started new ones)

The campground where we have our camper put a course up just before Labor Day this year. The first time I played it, I was hooked. Ended up playing the course like 5 times that weekend, and I have played every weekend since. It has gotten to the point where I entered a tournament a couple weeks ago and I am on here everyday reading post. I got it bad. I can only play on weekends bc of my job and kids and such, so around Tuesday I start to get the itch real bad to play.

My name's Paul and I'm a discaholic.

The little woman and I were throwing Frisbees around for fun when we saw some folks playing disc golf while we were picnicing at a local SP. "Ahhh, so that's what those baskets are for!" As an avid ball golfer, I knew instantly that I'd love it. And I went right out that next week and bought 2 starter sets. We've both been addicted ever since.

No I didn't. With little to no interest in other sports I wasn't ever exspecting to fill my entertainment center and walls with frisbees:)

Hey kid, wanna buy a disc?

I've moved into distribution now. I'm more of a pusher nowadays. I deal in plastics. I love to get new people hooked, especially women! I give them a few cheap DX discs & they become hooked! Then they are always caling me for more disc golf. They are powerless to the disc drug.
I used to hang out at the course but now frequent the local school yards where I find fresh newbies waiting for a fix!
OK this is getting weird:gross: