• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today? Part II

Really fun round, but my plant foot is angry with me again.

I had a heel injury a few years ago that took forever to heal. I think I had every scan known to modern medicine and none of them showed any damage or inflamation. My 50 mile per week fishing/hiking habit probably didn't help the healing process, but there was no way stabbing pain was going to interfere with that. The pain finally just went away, but that was a really rough period. Hopefully, yours will settle down more quickly than mine did.

Won another FPO event yesterday, but it was just me and one of my friends so it was more like a couple paid casual rounds :ROFLMAO: Played pretty decently the first half of the first round, but on the back 9 just got into a string of pars. Second round, I was pretty well out of steam, and gave up most of the 7 stroke lead I'd built up. Feeling like I need to do a bunch of endurance training this year. I've got several multi-round per day tournaments this year, especially since the TD of the bigger events in southeast Michigan has decided that A tiers should be 2 day events for the most part. One of them will be one round at Toboggan, followed by two rounds on the other courses in the park the next day. If I'm not in better shape by then, it's going to be brutal...

Looks like spring is staying for good in Virginia Beach shorts and t-shirt. just finished two rounds at Bayview calm winds have my bag set up for Waller Mill course Williamsburg a monthly stop from April through September Waller Mill being a very difficult course heavily wooden, with ravines, elevated tees. and long. Have some work to do with 11 speeds. Plan on playing Waller Mill next week.

This past Friday is also t-shirt and shorts but totally different this is number eight Munden point my home course about a 30 mph headwind Gusty 40 to 50 Par Four about 550 feet. In the video you can hear the Roar of the Wind, but much louder in person. despite having played more than 530 rounds on the course, several times same type of wind, still makes me nervous this is an F2 moment from the Tee with a star Corvette x 2, third with a relay, and intentional two putt from C2 with a Halo Rock to keep a putter from flipping over. But I do enjoy the wind. Number 8 and number 9 coming back are Peninsula Fairways with water on three sides the long basket on number eight is all the way down to the very end with the river within C1. In four plus years I've lost more than 40 disc here both Fairways.

Attachments

• 20240412_102232.mp4
    8.3 MB
although i missed my best score this year at my home course this year by a stroke i had 3 outside the circle putts that totaled 132 ft. 2 for birdie 1 for par. i also straightened out my forehand (accurate) drive to about 270' with a slight change. at 65 i feel like it was a good day. tied with my son (34) with the temp at 82 didn't feel like a playoff was necesary. he is really coming along with a 160 Roadrunner straight down the pike almost every drive he is hard to beat without big putts on my part. Golf is good.

Pretty annoyed with myself. Tournament at Stonelick today and had my worst round there in months. Finished 9th of 16 in MA4, but 10 points under my rating. I expect to have a few bad throws and bad holes, but mental errors cost me at least six strokes today.

The tournament itself was great and very well run. Played with a couple of brand new players in their first tournaments which was great. The course had a few wet spots, but otherwise was in great shape considering all the rain in the past two weeks.

Played on a local fundraiser one disc only thing. We all got the same 180g Claymores. Finished +10 which is better than I've done with an open bag within the past month lmao

Got some practice rounds in with @ChrisWoj for this coming weekends tournament. Without the tournament nerves, I shot -3 on the hard course, and something like even (before I was warmed up) on the long course. That would've won me the tournament last year. Let's see if I can pull it off this year, with rain in the forecast...

Unhappy knee, don't know why, (it's not like it hurts the moment I do whatever the thing is that ruins the body parts that hurt the next day) so I'm limited to forehands and those are extremely unreliable 😬

I had a heel injury a few years ago that took forever to heal. I think I had every scan known to modern medicine and none of them showed any damage or inflamation. My 50 mile per week fishing/hiking habit probably didn't help the healing process, but there was no way stabbing pain was going to interfere with that. The pain finally just went away, but that was a really rough period. Hopefully, yours will settle down more quickly than mine did.
So, I tend to not replace things until they have no life left in them. I'm pretty sure I need to dial that back a bit when it comes to shoes.

Got a new pair for general use and dg in dry conditions. It's like night and day when it comes to how much support I'm getting and how my stride feels. The hikers that I had been using don't seem to have crazy uneven wear on the soles, but the toe cap was the only thing holding the front half of the shoe to the sole on my right foot. I'm pretty sure my problems were as much due to hiking in those busted ass shoes (while also old and overweight) as they were due to planting to throw rhbh.

I'm going to give it a week or so to see if things improve any and if not it'll be time to talk to the doc.

Wow, wow, wow. Just finished up a four day marathon. Finished up our club A Tier. THE premier A Tier in the state. Thursday was a player party, player pack pick up. We had a local bar donate the upstairs to set up player pack pick up. Many players hanging around for a couple beers and some good pub grub.

Fri/Sat/Sun tee times. We were lucky enough to have a local brewery donate a huge outbuilding on their property, for another player party with a putting tournament, on Friday night. Winners taking home Chainstar Lites. A solid revenue generator for the club and a great time. The building had ping pong, darts, corn hole and a cash bar too! The weather cooperated and the event was pretty drama free, from out TD's perspective. Saturday we ran a Tech Disc event. You got a free throw and print out as part of the player pack. Three extra throws for 5 bucks. The club bought a couple tech discs and a practice net. It was pretty popular and we were able to cover the cost of the tech and net. I think next time we will pony up a few discs for highest speed and spin.

I played my rating and snuck into LAST CASH!! :p I did finish getting my points for 2025 Masters Worlds. Now I have to work on getting my rating up....for the first time in years. As an age protected division player, rating have NOT mattered.

We lost two pop up canopies to the wind. :confused: We did not get the winter beanies, which were part of the players pack, on time. Production issues. Now we have to have a club party and get them all mailed out......bummer.

The player experience we offered was spectacular. The course were cleaned and groomed into A Tier condition. Merch, water, spotters, tee announcers, a parade of feather flags down the entire park entry road, bringing you into the event, volunteers available for any problem solving or questions. Quick payouts with a great variety of merch. (the upside of COVID was the relationships built with many disc manufacturers)

The strength of clubs are the amazing member, volunteers and board. The amount of work that a few club members did was staggering. They are beasts and invaluable disc golf community stewards.

Last edited:
Wow, wow, wow. Just finished up a four day marathon. Finished up our club A Tier. THE premier A Tier in the state. Thursday was a player party, player pack pick up. We had a local bar donate the upstairs to set up player pack pick up. Many players hanging around for a couple beers and some good pub grub.

Fri/Sat/Sun tee times. We were lucky enough to have a local brewery donate a huge outbuilding on their property, for another player party with a putting tournament, on Friday night. Winners taking home Chainstar Lites. A solid revenue generator for the club and a great time. The building had ping pong, darts, corn hole and a cash bar too! The weather cooperated and the event was pretty drama free, from out TD's perspective. Saturday we ran a Tech Disc event. You got a free throw and print out as part of the player pack. Three extra throws for 5 bucks. The club bought a couple tech discs and a practice net. It was pretty popular and we were able to cover the cost of the tech and net. I think next time we will pony up a few discs for highest speed and spin.

I played my rating and snuck into LAST CASH!! :p I did finish getting my points for 2025 Masters Worlds. Now I have to work on getting my rating up....for the first time in years. As an age protected division player, rating have NOT mattered.

We lost two pop up canopies to the wind. :confused: We did not get the winter beanies, which were part of the players pack, on time. Production issues. Now we have to have a club party and get them all mailed out......bummer.

The player experience we offered was spectacular. The course were cleaned and groomed into A Tier condition. Merch, water, spotters, tee announcers, a parade of feather flags down the entire park entry road, bringing you into the event, volunteers available for any problem solving or questions. Quick payouts with a great variety of merch. (the upside of COVID was the relationships built with many disc manufacturers)

The strength of clubs are the amazing member, volunteers and board. The amount of work that a few club members did was staggering. They are beasts and invaluable disc golf community stewards.
It makes me sad that No Foolin' is Amateur only. It seems like such a fun event.

The Azaleas are blooming home course #3 Munden Point Virginia Beach. They only bloom for three weeks in April and that's it. In all the holes I've played, #3 is the most scenic in the month of April. I'm standing about 10 feet to the left of the long tee for a clear picture, short basket all the way down. Second photo is the long basket.

Played well enough in 15 to 20 mph wind. Managed to drop in a 74 foot par save in a headwind. Had fun throwing a new Fission Photon in headwind and crosswinds.

Attachments

• 20240422_093406.jpg
    20240422_093406.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240422_093730.jpg
    20240422_093730.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 0
Tied for next to last in the tags yesterday. I parked the island on 7, outdriving my card, only to miss the 10 foot putt. Was that kind of day. Ob in the stone 'lake' on 4, and the stone river on 18 didn't help. I know I can do better. The wildflowers at Oyster Bay are really bad. Hoping they mow soon....
First time I ever used an almost untested disc in competition. I bought a Simon line pixel last weekend, and only threw it a few times in warmup. I'm really liking this thing. Granted I've been putting with an envy and an atom interchangeably, and the pixel fits perfectly.

Attachments

• 20240421_111622.jpg
    20240421_111622.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240421_103727.jpg
    20240421_103727.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
Got a new box of discs, stamped them, and took them out on my neighborhood course. Good start, one of my better scores. Pretty consistent wind. I'm adding some lighter weights and new plastics in some molds to see how they work. This 168g Champion Classic-Glow RocX3 Factory Second looks pretty good. Not losing much distance for the stability.

I feel like I'm driving for placement more than just giving it a go, and putting is OK. Not questioning it.