• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sped round at Bailey Rd with just a Leopard. Good exercise but I should really use a Buzzz or Envy for those rounds. Putting with a Leopard sucks!

I played a quick rounds at a pitch and putt course. Met a couple of college kids and played a round with them. They were playing out of one kids bag. One was throwing all OH shots. Told him he needed to get a Firbird. Decided to give him one of mine after the round. Gave away a few other discs I had found and had in my trunk. Got a "Best disc golf day ever!" and many thinks. It was a good day!

Played Middle Creek DGC in Cary this afternoon. Fared pretty well on the front nine then stunk up the back nine. Oh well, still beats working. :D

Played my first pdga league event tonight at Monroe community park. Also, was the first time I ever played intermediate sanctioned. I shot 75 on a tough little 24 hole course, finished 4th out of 11.

i hunch down kind of when i throw. i tried to stand up straight the whole time. i end up throwing everything on anny that way. everything was going to the right. i need to clean up my form but not sure how.

i shot +6. can say they were all missed putts but 2 of them. honestly if my putting was flawless i would have shot under i bet

Shot a -3 today. Was +2 coming out of hole 9. Picked up birdies on holes 10,14,15,16, and 18.Im Pleased i finished strong, but not happy that i took 2 bogeys. Sank a lucky putter flick upshot on hole 10 from 150 feet away for that bird. Its shots like that that keep us coming back day after day

Last edited:
Field work this morning finally. After the first round of drives I was seriously considering just going home. Glad I stuck with it though. I realized I was getting lazy and not pulling through straight and close. Glad I went but now I'm ready to hear some chains.

shot a +2 and i was pushing my slow discs to their maximum distance i could. so if i usually throw a fairway on one hole i would throw a mid instead. can honestly say if i would be lights out putting i would have shot at least -5

did some field work. trying to learn better stand still shots and weight transfer. i need to make field practice a routine.

Considering I have been laid up due to my multiple sclerosis, I would consider today a pretty good round. Didn't keep score, but I was really just out to get moving.

As consistent a round as I've had in years, and nearly tied a personal best. Literally no errors other than "not as far as I'd like" on a few drives, might be the first mistake-free round I've ever had at that course. Bagged a Crave for the last few rounds and am smitten, it may be the most effortless longer-d fairway driver I've ever used.

Gah - slightly below average overall rounds today. Front 9 I couldn't putt to save my life...missed a few 15' shots including 1 that I managed to turn a 15' putt into a 3 putt. Off the cage & roll away down the hill. 20' back uphill and off the cage again. GAH - who doesn't love a 6. :( Overall one of my worst front 9 scores ever.

Then in the woods on the start of the back 9 I found my groove. A few great drives and back to back 35' putts got me on fire. I did manage to lose my leopard getting greedy. After 2 holes in the open and no wind I decided to go for the pin in 2 (I can hit the pin in 2 with my leopard but teebird ends up short in 2 for this hole). I step up and let it rip....and out of nowhere a huge gust of wind...turnover...and sunk waaay out in the lake. GAH. 2 weeks in a row that hole ate a disc. Managed a bird on 17 then on 18 I had the worst rob job I've ever had. 30' putt and I watch it on line almost perfect but a little low. Hits the rim dead center (nose up) and skips up - chains. Just as I'm about to rejoice at ending on that putt I see it slide back down - off the rim....and fall to the ground. Such a tease.

Oh well. Even with those fun issues I still managed to post my best ever back 9 score. I'll take it.

Even though I'm playing significantly worse in most aspects, my forehand anhyzer has been on point recently.

Played my best round to date tonight. 690 rated round. Got some really solid drives and barely missed the basket on a couple of birdie shots.

Kicked ass, actually.

There were no heroics, no crazy shots, just really good consistency. I just felt like I played golf and hit my line almost every time. It felt awesome.

Went out to kaposia to throw the mnadgc layout and wound up -4, makes me kind of upset I had to withdraw. Felt like I was really playing golf, just playing my game the entire time the way I want to.

Hit metal 3 times in that round too. Took a small chunk out of my XXX.

was out last night almost till bar close (only had one though cuz i was driving. surlys "blacker" double ipa or something like that. wasnt any better than 3rd streets black ipa or summits unchained black ipa) and made the commitment to wake up early to play a nice morning round before i worked. well i shot -1 this morning! i was expecting to shoot in the + so i would have a score to beat. now tonight once i get off work ill have to see if i can shoot better! gunna be tough beating -1 when -2 is my best on the year there.

well right now im at work wishing i was out there on this beautiful day. these 9 hours wont go fast enough!

I played in the Osage tournament today. Played what i would call as bad my first round. shot a 58 and then in the second round shot a 55. Ended up taking first place in advanced and got my first win in a pdga event.

I played in the Osage tournament today. Played what i would call as bad my first round. shot a 58 and then in the second round shot a 55. Ended up taking first place in advanced and got my first win in a pdga event.

Nice shooting, Patrick! You got me by 7!
(of course, I'm a lowly intermediate.:eek:)
The wind was incredible this afternoon, and seriously affected everybody's game, once they got out of those pesky woods. That is, except for Brady B's blazing hot 50! :eek:
It seemed like everybody had a pretty good time, and there was some fundage raised to keep the course growing.
You're probably looking forward to playing long positions next month, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.