• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played a birthday round this morning at Plantation Ruins @ Winget; was minus 9 relative to my age, actual score was a 58 (plus one); still not bad for an ancient fellow.

Played Champoeg State Park in Oregon last night. Its a total of 15 holes. Started par, par. Then went birdie, birdie birdie. Followed by bogey, bogey, bogey. Then par, par, bogey. Then birdie, birdie, birdie, birdie to finish. So I was -3 with 7 birdies. Ugh. I have not have such a up and down round for a while. Had a field ace on hole 12 after I shanked my drive. Hit it from about 240 out with a comet. Furthest throw in to date. Still no aces.

I will be trying to get a little more consistency with my game when I play Wheatland Disc Golf Course this evening.

5 down at The Valley. It was a good day. Smooth and relaxed throughout. Not my best at this course, however a solid day.

15 over for 27 holes at Seneca Creek, with 3 birdies. For a relative noob this felt fantastic, most of my shots were kinda-sorta on the line I was envisioning, which for me is success.

Aaaaaaaaaaaargh! A tier today. 1st course I played reasonably well but had some bad putting luck. 1 spit through (center chains, off pole, out the back) on a 20' putt. One 35' uphill putt hit chains high, just touched top metal, off the basket....and rolled...and rolled...45' away. Quickly turned a 2 into a 4. :(

2nd course...wtf happened!?! I shot spraying drives. Missing 15-20' putts. Just horrible. Ended up my worst ever round at this course by 5 strokes.

Only real positive was my FH get outta jail shots were money...otherwise it'd have been much worse. Oh well, outta cash for sure now, maybe I can save my rating tomorrow.

Played in my first tourney today in novice division. 2 rounds at Squaw Creek. Finished dead last in both. First round was a 11 over par which was only 2 shots over the next worst score, so I didn't feel so bad. 2nd round on gold tees, man did I suck! I shot a 44 over, next worst in my group was 17 over. I was dead last in the tourney by almost 30 strokes. Still I learned a ton and I am ready to go out again. Next time I am going to just throw easy shots that dont go too far so I can stay in the fairway. The thick woods is what killed me. Tried to be a hero on every shot and I paid a severe price.

12 down in doubles

I was lucky to draw a really long arm as my doubles partner today. There were 28 players and he parked some really long holes. I made some really good putts and missed some easy ones. We could've been 17 down if we made all our putts inside the circle. Was good enough for first and got to split an 80 dollar pot. Then we played tags for 9 holes and I got 3rd out of 6 and moved up a few places. Pretty good overall day.

Played in Fulton today, since I brought my son with me. Wanted to play somewhere out of town but didn't want somewhere that would be hard for him to walk or for me to push him in the stroller. Had fun and shot (-4), not really a stellar round but it was fun and we got to play on 3 playgrounds on the way through the round :thmbup: I can still legit throw over 400' for sure, but I can still legit miss a 15' putt too :sick:

Last edited:
eeeeeeeeeeh. not very well, but that's okay. shot -2 at acorn and even at CP adams, but also had a huge breakdown on another round at acorn where i shot over par.

highlights included solid putting due to my new form and style (finally!!!!!), getting hit in the face by my buddy as he rage-threw a second putter at the basket . . . and then CATCHING it, casually telling him to watch where he throws his ****, throwing it back. we just started laughing because we couldn't believe i caught it after getting blasted in the face. he also deuced hole 11 at acorn, which was awesome to see him do. he isn't the greatest player so moments like that keep him in the game mentally. had a legit 50' putt on hole 9 for deuce. it's been a weird, good, day.

I had an okay round -2 on the golds at Oregon Park, took my daughter and she had a good time running around the woods with her old dad. Could have had a great round but my normally very consistent FH drives were a little wonky on a few holes.

won Little Mulberry dubs

tied at -11 with a real good pairing and then beat them on first playoff hole with a park job :D

partner and I threw a ton of thumbers :thmbup:

+1 and plus +2 so fairly consistent. my drives were dead on. my putter must have been lubed up cuz it slipped out of the chains on more occasions that I would like to admit to. also parked a long downhill shot with a fairway when usually i use a distance driver so thats kinda cool.

Like crap. :doh: Five strokes worse than my score on Thursday, and Hunter (Houstoned) put a whoopin' on me on my home course his first time playing it. It don't get much worse. :\ Watch out Hunter, I'll be bearing down NEXT time! ;)

Good times with new friends though, and that's what it is all about! :clap:

Played yesterday and it was my best round yet! Set 2 (maybe 3) milestones! Shot a -10 44 at my home course making it a new casual course record and it was also my first no-bogey round ever! According to my Easy Scorecard app it was a 1016 rated round making it my first 1000+ rated round too. That may or may not be true as there has never been a PDGA sanctioned event here. Best part is that I could've had a -12 but missed two 20ft~ birdie putts. Still didn't let it ruin my day tho!

Aaaaaaaaaaaargh! A tier today. 1st course I played reasonably well but had some bad putting luck. 1 spit through (center chains, off pole, out the back) on a 20' putt. One 35' uphill putt hit chains high, just touched top metal, off the basket....and rolled...and rolled...45' away. Quickly turned a 2 into a 4. :(

2nd course...wtf happened!?! I shot spraying drives. Missing 15-20' putts. Just horrible. Ended up my worst ever round at this course by 5 strokes.

Only real positive was my FH get outta jail shots were money...otherwise it'd have been much worse. Oh well, outta cash for sure now, maybe I can save my rating tomorrow.

3rd round today and there was a cfr glow champ disc for the winner of each card. I decided to just play to win the card - nice & conservative where required (lots of OB) and it paid off. Drives & approaches were workable, putts were ok, but I generally stayed out of trouble and won the card by 3. :) I definitely could've shot better had I played more aggressive but I achieved the goal and that alone was worth it. Nice going 3/3/3 with others going 4/2/4...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts