• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got back from playing my first course away from home, Huntington Beach. I don't want give a full review here but I loved that course. I shot a 61 (+7) from the longs. I deuced hole 1 and thought I'd have a great round, but the unfamiliarity of the course got to me in the end. All in all it was a great morning.

I just got back from playing my first course away from home, Huntington Beach. I don't want give a full review here but I loved that course. I shot a 61 (+7) from the longs. I deuced hole 1 and thought I'd have a great round, but the unfamiliarity of the course got to me in the end. All in all it was a great morning.

That was your first time playing a new course?

Dude, it's like watching someone smoke meth for the first time, they have no idea how hooked they really are. The good news: I doubt you'll find yourself giving handies in the alley to supplement your new addiction, oh, and after 5 years of playing new courses, you'll most likely still have all your teeth......

LOL, no it was my first time playing a course away from my home area. HB was my 6th course total. I'm slowly gaining on Martin D. :)

Looooooooooooong brutal day. Shot horribly, and wish I could say that I had fun. Single day tourneys are great. Think that the 2 days are just to much for me, physically, and mentally.

Enjoyed the day at my local course, had it all to myself for the afternoon. I tied my best round score on my first 9 (we only have 9 holes at out local park). Then I beat me best by one stroke on the 2nd round of 9. Threw a few more holes and ended with a little putting practice. Cant wait to play tomorrow!

Went out to my home course for a quick round. Didn't play too bad considering my first hole was a triple bogey. I ended up +4 on the round. My putting game is starting to show some improvements since I've been hitting the Mach Lite with more focused practice sessions.

Windy at Richlands today, still shot decent. Then went to Castle Hayne and shot 3 over, which is not bad for the Castle...

didnt play today. my back locked up yesterday :( gonna be chillin for a min unfortunately

I've been throwing really well the past 2 months. Last Tuesday, I almost cut my index finger off on my non-throwing hand and I haven't played decently since. Two rounds today, shot a 60 and 59. I've been scoring 50-52 at my home course. Just can't seem to stay out of trouble.

Played a round at Katherine Legge DGC today and it was real wet and i forgot my towel :doh: I had a decent round shot -1 but Im blaming a couple strokes on slippery discs. Almost aced hole #17, just barely nicked chains, love that TP Tursas, its ace is coming soon.

Came from 7 down in 4th spot to win the top card and make the final 9... then shot -3 in the final 9... but came up just short. Claimed a 2nd place in a B-Tier. Sure it was Rec division, but I just started playing over a year ago. Cool part is all 4 guys I played with the last 2 rounds are my regular playing buddies. We represented well as a bunch. Knowing I bested them in the final round and final 9 means I can win one of these... just can't get down so much early on.

worked all day but got some putting practice done in the yard. sank a bunch of 20-30 footers using my usual straddle/ pitch putt, but ive been spin putting a bit lately in the 30 mph wind and i seriously drain every one.. got me all confused in the head, which is the last thing i need in my putting game.

also tried to sink a bunch of 100' touch shots with my ions, but nothing stuck. so now im drinking a beer. probably gonna try to hit bryant up in the morning, even though that place has been robbing me of my overmolds.

Played 2 rds today. Second red was great. Shot a 53 at Shaver Rec in Seneca SC. Actually had a 20 ft putt for a 3 on hole 3. This is a crazy hard par 4. I missed it of course. I did have a 200 ft throw in at Grand Central Station tho. All in all a great day.

-3 @ hornings canyon, then +12 on the meadows, and lost 2 discs in the meadows:(

Yeah, that seems to be my M.O. whenever I'm at Hornings. Actually, it's worse for me cause I'll usually play the Highlands first to warm up and I'll shoot 10 or more under so I get this really false sense of confidence. Then I'll head up to Meadow just to be humbled. I think my best score on that beast is 8 over. Ugh....

Put up my best score all time on my local course, -4. Had 2 200 foot holes that I borked the tee shot on so could have been even better.

Still, it is so nice to see all the off season work pay off!

I bogeyed 3 of the last 5 holes to lose my #1 tag in my league. I missed 2 - 25' birdys, 2 - 20' par putts and the final missed par putt (on hole 18, which would have forced the playoff) was 6' from the basket. :doh:

Prior to those 5 holes I played quite well, was finally putting well. Just missing the putts by a few inches (cage). But for the first time in weeks every putt felt good again. Smooth release, perfect aim, just a bit short. So progress was made.

Had my best rated round ever (990) on Saturday at the Turtle Rock Pro/Am. It was also my personal best (-3) on that course. Turned out to be the highest rated Am round of the weekend. Only one person in the field beat me that round, the Open winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts