• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played our weekly mini here in Midland, TX yesterday evening. Shot the new course record with a -9. Should've been -10, but had a terrible circle 4. Best round I had shot prior was a -6. I finally figured my putting out, and it was the smallest adjustment ever. I feel like my putting us now at a whole new level. Maybe this will help me with my goal for the year, to become a 970+ player.

Overall I didn't play all that great, but I did manage to solve most of my putting woes from the past couple weeks. Now to just get my short game and distance game synced up.

Played the short tees at Portage Lakes for my first time ever,even though I've been throwing that course for about 3 years now haha. It was fun, totally killed the tee shots and sank a few nice, long putts. Beautiful day too.

Decent for the first round then took a double bogey on hole 1 of second round and played awfully.

Had a blast last night at leagues. 2 rounds on the Pioneer Park summer 9 here in Billings. Random draw 1 putter doubles, scramble format. I meet my partner and he immediately explains that he uses borrowed discs and has never used a putter for anything but putting. I figured this would be ok because I've been slaying my classic roc's lately. So, I got him to play conservatively and make some runs when the opportunity presented itself. He ended up making 2 key putts(all we needed out of him) and we ended tied for first and taking home a nice chunk of cash. Great night, I love putter rounds!

Had a really good doubles round yesterday. My problem is, sometimes the guys will play for tags after doubles. And generally, my form gets worse after 18 holes. So, I often place in the top group during doubles, then have a mediocre tags around afterwards. I'm thinking I may just need to pack more snacks/energy bars.

Played the weekly doubles at one of my local courses last night.
My partner and I shot -10 :\ good enough for a 3 way tie for 4th $0. We took 11 of my drives, so our team was a pretty even pair. I was able to hit a couple 30'+ putts, but my jump putts were garbage.

Personal Course Bests two days in a row: Tuesday casual round at Mt. Airy, then first night of summer league Wednesday at Idlewild. Hoping this is the start of a trend toward leaving Rec behind some day. :p

I met up with fellow member schnelle for a couple of rounds in Norman yesterday. We had a pretty good time in soggy terrain and very humid air. Played decently, just not consistent off the tee. Upshots were pretty horrible (a lot of "what the heck am I doing" moments.) Putting was pretty consistent but missed a couple that I should have had.

Overall, we had a good time and it was great to meet schnelle.

Played at one of my home courses today... on a hole with a pretty low ceiling a nailed a pretty nice low drive with my amp. I walked up to it to find that it completely demolished what was a huge a pile of fresh dog ****, now a scattered mess of stink and filth. It was gross. Picked up the amp with two fingers in the cleanest part of the disc I could find and carried it over to some damp grass and wiped it best I could...

If you walk your dog on disc golf courses and don't pick up its ****, **** you.

Played at one of my home courses where my best ever is -2, and today I was -1 going into 16 and had a 25 ft'er for birdie. I proceeded to hit the basket, like it seems I did all day. Then got stuck in the woods on 17 and hit chains on another 20-25 foot putt and ended up making double bogey. Then I parred 18 after missing a jump putt and finished 1 over. It sucked.

Shot +5 at City Park in some pretty serious rain and wind after two weeks off. I should probably be happier than I am. Shot +4 on 18 - though I'll never be convinced that it qualifies as a par 3 - which marred an otherwise solid outing. Missed a pretty easy birdie putt due to a wet disc. Such is life.

Highlights: beautiful drive on 4, splitting the trees near the teebox and settling under the tree that guards the basket. Pretty much a perfect drive on 6. Awesome putt on 14 for birdie.

Just need to take advantage of a few more birdie opportunities out there and I can break even.

Last edited:
5+ par at WVU's hometown course Dorsey's Knob. First time playing it. Lost a champion sidewinder in waist high grass on hole 2.

Awesome. We sandbagged our way to victory in 'B' flight in our doubles league. We shot 12 down first round and 16 down second round. Our best round all league. Too bad I finally clicked with my new partner and it's over.

Threw two under par rounds at Kensington Toboggan. Without losing a disc. I think that qualifies as a good day. Not a "Ricky Wysocki" good day, but a good day for mere disc golf mortals.

+9 in the first 9 holes and than -5 the second 9 holes during league play. Always have issue of starting slow.

I played 4 rounds of nine at the home course with an average temperature for my time out of 113 degrees. My first couple rounds were -4 and -3. The 3rd and 4th I didn't keep score and just worked on surviving and working on shots I don't use often, primarily rollers, in preparation for my upcoming tournament. I worked on stamina in the heat and think I made a good first step towards being prepared for the next few months.

^!!thats dedication!

i threw a 9 down from west park's longs carrying 4 discs, more importantly it was my first full round since my back drama last weekend. i hit the pole on 20, which i aced last thursday, and parked 24 with my roadrunner and tl. good day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts