• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
aced hole 12 at the valley on a dope vector anny. i dont get too excited about aces under 300' but that hole is pretty technical and i pured the bastard. shot okay at kaposia and the valley, was a good bachelor party throwdown for sure.

Good job man. Send some juju my way.

Great story! I started playing at 35, and I'm turning 40 this November. Been having fun playing all this time, but this past weekend, it didn't feel like fun. I wasn't playing as well as I thought I could. I probably would have played much better if I had just tried to enjoy it more; my game would have come naturally. It's supposed to be fun. Play those tourneys! Enjoy them! Disc on.

I was paid the absolute best compliment I could have been paid today. I am by far not a big arm. I strive to be smooth. I was playing with a guy today that has 5 years experience on me today. He is a tourney player. He is one of the best finesse players I play with. I respect him a lot. Hole 8 on my home course. I pull out my panther. It is our third round. I drive. Ten foot birdie putt leave. He looks at me and says "Dude, you have such smooth form. Why don't you play tournaments? You would do so well." Honestly, I could have aced that hole and not have felt better than what he said made me feel. Before today I was really questioning my game. I can't break 385 with accuracy. I didn't really think I was any good at this game. But I have fun every time I play. After what my friend said today I am seriously considering getting in to the tourney scene. Hell, win, lose or otherwise as long as I have fun who freaking cares. I am on cloud nine right now. I really feel like I have got the game. At 38, I think I can give the twenty something's a run for their money. I guess we will see next year. I feel that the MN Majestic is in my future.

Played 2 rounds last night and had a great night. Shot a personal best by 2 strokes on the first round and ALMOST got birdie on one of 2 elusive holes that i've never hit. Chained out from ~35'. I thought i had it too when it released....looked so good...crap fading a bit much...chains...rim...out. GAH! Oh well. I'll get that one one of these days. Just a few more feet on my drive or a bit more luck on the long putt.

52 at Ellison. Wanna get into the 40s one more time before winter.

Played North course in Marshall, MO yesterday. Shot a 54. First putt of the day on #1 hit iron and rolled 20 feet down a hill. Hit the top of the basket on 17 for an ace and missed birdie putts on 14 and 16. Got a par on 18 for the first time and had a birdie on 8. ( I believe that was the first birdie on that one) 54 is still not a bad day but could have been better.

Last edited:
I made my way out to the red tee of hole 1, Bald Eagle, 110' or so. Leaned awkwardly on my crutches like I had practiced in the yard, and tossed my wizard halfway decent, leaving myself with a 30' putt. By the time I made it to my drive, I knew I wasn't going to play past hole 1, got into my awkward stance, lined up my putt, and as soon as I let it go I knew it was in - and it gently tapped the front of the basket, landing just beneath it for a drop in 3. Not bad for my first hole in 4 weeks. It took pretty much all of my energy to make it back to the house. Maybe next time I'll play 2 holes :).

played dubs with a couple people including geisenger.

let him throw two of my more overstable destroyers on oakwood, hole 18. one a max weight and the other 168g. parked both of them. actually overthrew them by about 15 feet. that's 525 feet in the air AND uphill about 20'. he also goes OVER the tree on 4. just reminds me that i ain't got **** on a lot of people. field work tomorrow. going to revamp my form since i feel like i've plateaued around 430' max. i want more and i know that if i can throw farther it means i've got better form. i'll be more consistent too.

im lucky to get it to the tree

played dubs with a couple people including geisenger.

let him throw two of my more overstable destroyers on oakwood, hole 18. one a max weight and the other 168g. parked both of them. actually overthrew them by about 15 feet. that's 525 feet in the air ill about 20'. he also goes OVER the tree on 4. just reminds me that i ain't got **** on a lot of people. field work tomorrow. going to revamp my form since i feel like i've plateaued around 430' max. i want more and i know that if i can throw farther it means i've got better form. i'll be more consistent too.

Ive seen jared roan throw 550+ just messing around after a tourney. Basically a laser shot, about 20ish ft off the ground,with a destroyer. I doubt I am capable of that kind of distance. I've been working on form this summer, and have found easier distance, golf lines at 400', and it definitely feels different. But 550 seems crazy.

yeah, even the majority of pros look at alex and kinda go . . . "wtf just happened?" when he throws. it's silly. he can hit 600' without trouble from what i've seen. it's freakish and fun to watch but it makes me feel like a little child. i'd be happy hitting 500' or so max regularly. i'm going to push for more than that if i can. i know that seems greedy, but it's what i want. i'm not gonna get there on the course so i have to keep hitting the field and doing what i can. i don't know what i takes to hit that sort of monster distance but at 26 i've got a few years left in this body to figure it out before it starts going too far downhill.

back to the field again tomorrow; today i threw two terrible rounds. :(

I did pretty dang well last night for downing near a whole case of Summit EPA.
Shot even on Eagle's Peak.

thats impressive. and summit is soooo good. if you can ever find summit oatmeal stout on nitro your in for an amazing treat. its not in stores, only have seen it at boulder tap houses. its like drinking silk.

anyways the past two days ive played, i saw two chuckers get aces. today the person only had one disc and he got on ace at about 280 out with some sloppy flick on a distance driver. i did hit the pole again today on it with a buzz...it has a low ceiling and not much room for lateral movement.

the other ace i saw was another chucker hit a pretty open 250 footer with a distance driver. it just sucks when im consistently shooting under par out there at calvary in st cloud mn, and then i see some chuckers get lucky aces. and they probably still finish at like +10-20 im due for an ace dammit!!

^ feel ya bro, see the same damn thing on my home course way too often. My only ace is at a course an hour away on the second round through. Over 400 rounds @ my home course and not a single ace yet. I've seen 5 aces on one hole since I started playing, I hit chains once...arghhh. I too typically shoot under par. Not awesome but I'm certainly not a chucker.

What is considered a case these days? you surely cant be talking 24 beers...

Yeah a 12 pack. At 5.3 they add up pretty well.

Last night we had random doubles leagues at Mont Du, and I got parterned up with DLove. He has some of the smoothest form and throws comets and leopards all day. Anyways, we finished at -5 with 8 birdies on the card. His driving was spot on and my putting was spot on with 2 or 3 50 footers in the bucket.
Oh yeah, and I was riding the (cold brewed) silver bullet the whole way :D

Played two eighteen hole rounds at from the long tees at Whitecap today. First round was so-so, a couple of stupid two-putts put me at +1 or +2 I'm not sure but one of those.

Second round was pretty sweet though. After bogeying hole four and going one over par at the time, I shot a beautiful drive which cracked the 20 foot rock wall the basket is perched on, and landed in the thick grass just below.

So standing at the bottom on a very steep slope where I could barely see the top of the basket, I threw my putter way up there - thought it was a little far left but I heard chains and that beautiful sound of the disc wobbling and coming to rest in the basket! One of the best birdie putts of my life!

Then took a bomb off of the cliff tee for hole six and proceeded to make another 15 foot birdie putt, which was awesome.

I really wish I didn't bogey hole 8 and I would've been below par, but it was a great even score for the day.

Below are a few pictures of that birdie on hole 5 with my view of what that putt looked like from below.

Attachments

• whitecapputt1.jpg
    whitecapputt1.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 6
  • whitecapputt2.jpg
    whitecapputt2.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 5
  • whitecapputt3.jpg
    whitecapputt3.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 6
not bad. threw a couple down on kaposia's 18 layout yesterday. practiced some driving on hole 3 into the woods. threw a roller with my super beat dx teebird . . . it hopped up and slammed into the rocks in front of the basket and cracked the flightplate. :\ womp womp.

Didn't actually play any rounds today - FINALLY got myself to do some field work. Got to the football field and the winds were gusting at 40mph so it was only driving practice. I threw from goal line to goal line, and was stoked to get some to the other endzone throwing into the wind. I realized I needed to focus on just combining my reachback, snap and aim. Good to finally analyze my throwing.

Well, my firebird and banshee saw more work today than this whole year combined. The wind was holy crap. That said, I didn't do horrible at all. Not great but not bad either. Always having fun, so that's the key.

thats impressive. and summit is soooo good. if you can ever find summit oatmeal stout on nitro your in for an amazing treat. its not in stores, only have seen it at boulder tap houses. its like drinking silk.

anyways the past two days ive played, i saw two chuckers get aces. today the person only had one disc and he got on ace at about 280 out with some sloppy flick on a distance driver. i did hit the pole again today on it with a buzz...it has a low ceiling and not much room for lateral movement.

the other ace i saw was another chucker hit a pretty open 250 footer with a distance driver. it just sucks when im consistently shooting under par out there at calvary in st cloud mn, and then i see some chuckers get lucky aces. and they probably still finish at like +10-20 im due for an ace dammit!!

Wow, just wow. An ace is an ace. Aces are just luck. I have witnessed five, all chuckers, and I signed each disc. Never once have I been salty about anyone getting an ace. Your post makes you sound like a not fun person to play with.

Status
Not open for further replies.