• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had my best half round yesterday at a pretty challenging course. Shot +1 on 9 holes, didn't get to play the back 9. I pared all but one hole that my upshot got caught up on a small branch. Missed one very easy bird look and hit chains that didn't stick on a longer birdie attempt. I was pretty impressed with how consistent I played if nothing else.

(E) even par for two 9 hole rounds at the farm. Played 2 discs from every hole counted every shot. Putted well, drove like poo..... Loving the new Ringer/Breaker combo though

(-6) 1009 rated round from the shorts at Cass today. Lost a Purple Zone on the left hand side on #4. all around a great round.

Decent driving, great driving to finish. terrible putting. Still netted -8 at Lakewood hills dubs on a slightly "alternative"layout. Took home 18$. Finished with a turkey on 14, 15, 16. Should have been 7 in a row but my partner and I both missed 20' putts on the 4 holes prior. It was painful.

Or rather took 18$ to the bar. :)

Yesterday I came on the computer to post to this thread and I had no dgcr (was it just me or was everybody going through withdrawls last night?). So tonight I will tell you how I played yesterday.

So I look out the window and notice some of the largest snowflakes I've ever seen - ok, clumps of many snowflakes all stuck together, like small snowballs falling out of the sky. Then it starts snowing harder. So of course I must head out immediately, on a "normal" day I'd grab 3 discs, today I figured, ah what the hell, it's so nice outside let's plan to spend some time out there and enjoy the nice snow. So I grab my entire bag.

Now, the "blue" layout to most is slightly intimidating, it's an 11 hole wooded gauntlet that will tear you apart and make you bleed and probably cry at some point during the round. 350' fairways that are quite rough and could stand to lose a few trees here and there. Normally I'd play it about once a week while sticking to the red tees most of the time, it's one where I'd leave the dog home so he wouldn't get completely matted down with burrs.

I'd been avoiding it for 6 months since I broke my foot, But today for some reason, the wear of climbing up and down a ladder 30 times on atrophied muscles paired with the draw of a grueling hike through 6 inches of snow, the blue tees were calling my name. By the time I got to hole 1, I could barely make out the basket through the snow. The pictures here show the white tee, I made my way from this point down the hill to the blue tee.

attachment.php

attachment.php

By the time I finished hole two I was already having the conversation with myself "I could switch to the red tees on this hole, or the next hole..." but whatever craziness was driving me that day, wasn't going to let me quit. It was nearly done snowing by hole 3 and I had parred (3) the first 3 holes.

A 4 save on hole 4 with a pair of thumbers to recover after a poor drive.

I got to hole 5 and became "that guy" you know, that punk kid who sees a line through the trees he wants to play so he rips down a few branches and bushes. Yeah, that was me, I saw a line on hole 5 that gave a cool shot to the hole, so I broke **** until the line was open.

I nailed the gap off the tee with not quite enough turn on my beat teebird it caught the trees on the left around 70 feet short. A jump shot line presented itself, and I gave it a chance, just short.

From there I think I bogeyed everything else, and had a constant argument with some voice of sanity inside myself that kept telling me to give up on the blue layout, but I played every blue tee out there.

Exhausted I crashed onto the couch to type this story ^ to DGCR, but the damn website was down. And my gf wouldn't understand, no sympathy " oh it's just disc golf, why are you so tired? you did it to yourself" F yeah I did it to myself, not I cannot move, I will not get off the couch, no I'm not going to do the laundry or wash the dishes I cannot move!

I get no pity for my broken foot any more, which most of the time I appreciate - I don't need people coddling me, I can push myself pretty hard these days and make it nearly everywhere I could before the injury, it just takes twice as long and three times as much energy, I might be tired after 4 hours straight where I used to go 12 hours no problem. But come on, every once in a while, I deserve a little pity party too, my foot is broken, my muscles are atrophied, my joints hurt like crazy and I still experience significant pain every step that I take.

:)

Yes I had a great round today.

Attachments

• snow1.jpg
    snow1.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 169
  • snow2.jpg
    snow2.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 172
Played a super quick 9 after work today. It was un-real windy, and un-real cold. Bogey bogey, double bogey. Ended up +4 or 5 for 9 holes.

It was my first time playing the course if that counts for anything, and putting was a nightmare in the strong wind

Yesterday I came on the computer to post to this thread and I had no dgcr (was it just me or was everybody going through withdrawls last night?). So tonight I will tell you how I played yesterday.

So I look out the window and notice some of the largest snowflakes I've ever seen - ok, clumps of many snowflakes all stuck together, like small snowballs falling out of the sky. Then it starts snowing harder. So of course I must head out immediately, on a "normal" day I'd grab 3 discs, today I figured, ah what the hell, it's so nice outside let's plan to spend some time out there and enjoy the nice snow. So I grab my entire bag.

Now, the "blue" layout to most is slightly intimidating, it's an 11 hole wooded gauntlet that will tear you apart and make you bleed and probably cry at some point during the round. 350' fairways that are quite rough and could stand to lose a few trees here and there. Normally I'd play it about once a week while sticking to the red tees most of the time, it's one where I'd leave the dog home so he wouldn't get completely matted down with burrs.

I'd been avoiding it for 6 months since I broke my foot, But today for some reason, the wear of climbing up and down a ladder 30 times on atrophied muscles paired with the draw of a grueling hike through 6 inches of snow, the blue tees were calling my name. By the time I got to hole 1, I could barely make out the basket through the snow. The pictures here show the white tee, I made my way from this point down the hill to the blue tee.

attachment.php

attachment.php

By the time I finished hole two I was already having the conversation with myself "I could switch to the red tees on this hole, or the next hole..." but whatever craziness was driving me that day, wasn't going to let me quit. It was nearly done snowing by hole 3 and I had parred (3) the first 3 holes.

A 4 save on hole 4 with a pair of thumbers to recover after a poor drive.

I got to hole 5 and became "that guy" you know, that punk kid who sees a line through the trees he wants to play so he rips down a few branches and bushes. Yeah, that was me, I saw a line on hole 5 that gave a cool shot to the hole, so I broke **** until the line was open.

I nailed the gap off the tee with not quite enough turn on my beat teebird it caught the trees on the left around 70 feet short. A jump shot line presented itself, and I gave it a chance, just short.

From there I think I bogeyed everything else, and had a constant argument with some voice of sanity inside myself that kept telling me to give up on the blue layout, but I played every blue tee out there.

Exhausted I crashed onto the couch to type this story ^ to DGCR, but the damn website was down. And my gf wouldn't understand, no sympathy " oh it's just disc golf, why are you so tired? you did it to yourself" F yeah I did it to myself, not I cannot move, I will not get off the couch, no I'm not going to do the laundry or wash the dishes I cannot move!

I get no pity for my broken foot any more, which most of the time I appreciate - I don't need people coddling me, I can push myself pretty hard these days and make it nearly everywhere I could before the injury, it just takes twice as long and three times as much energy, I might be tired after 4 hours straight where I used to go 12 hours no problem. But come on, every once in a while, I deserve a little pity party too, my foot is broken, my muscles are atrophied, my joints hurt like crazy and I still experience significant pain every step that I take.

:)

Yes I had a great round today.

Is that a treehouse on that course?

I have never been able to play in snow. We only get snow here once a year, if that. I'm a bit jealous. Thanks for the read though.

Oh, and I played terrible today through 12 holes. My putting was so bad I missed 5' putt. I finished with 2 birdies on the last 3 holes though, so I finally got it together. Too little too late for a good score, but left me with a good feeling to finish with.

you're not jealous of playing in snow.

the only time i enjoyed it was when we have a huge wet freezing snow and it draped everything, bent trees down into the fairway and made it actually really fun. you couldn't just throw down the fairway . . . you had to throw OVER this bent tree or UNDER that bent branch and also stay in the fairway. gorgeous and hugely entertaining.

Wednesday night we had glow leagues at White Cedar! I got out early and shoveled 4 fresh inches of snow off the teeboxes, and got some salt where we needed it. After doing that, I set out all the lights.
Single digit temps, -10 to -20 below windchills easily made it an interesting round.
I had a couple rough holes right off the bat and made some dumb decisions but managed to string together a bunch of good pars and hit a solid 40ft uphill birdie. I wasn't expecting to stay within 3 strokes of the leader.

1 stroke away from cashing out in our local draw doubles mini. We both didn't play too well, but there were PLENTY of stupid putts I should have sank, but everything was hitting low. Putting is my absolute most horrible thing about my golf game. I need to take a few weeks and just play with putters to get a feel for them.

Trust me, I'm jealous. I'm originally from Kansas. I miss the snow. If I could go out and play in the snow AND play disc golf, I would be in heaven.

I miss the snow too, and would love the chance to play at least ONE round in it.

I played a one disc putter round yesterday. It was my first one disc round in probably 2-3 years. It was very enjoyable to just throw the same thing for every shot. The disc has to work for you. I shot a +9, which is not bad considering the length of the course, and my noodly arm.

Is that a treehouse on that course?

Zip lines actually, 4 zips and a bridge totaling 1000' that crosses above holes 1-5. I'm adding another 1200' of zips this spring, we're starting construction as soon as I get back from the Memorial, so I'll have about 1/2 mile of zip lines traversing the course.

Zip lines actually, 4 zips and a bridge totaling 1000' that crosses above holes 1-5. I'm adding another 1200' of zips this spring, we're starting construction as soon as I get back from the Memorial, so I'll have about 1/2 mile of zip lines traversing the course.

How many strokes for hitting someone on the lines? I would think -2. That's a tough shot. ...

Shot even par, which is good for me. Was hitting tons of putts with my new SS Voodoo too. SSS is so last week.

How many strokes for hitting someone on the lines? I would think -2. That's a tough shot. ...

Heh, the two are never in use at the same time, if it were ever to happen, zip lines have the right of way.

I did hit a platform the other day, threw a thumber dead into it on hole 4 blue.

Shot +14 at Bradford today...about +12 on the front nine...bogey bogey double bogey bogey bogey bogey...etc.

Was getting frustrated then the back half started feeling good, and saved my mood/round Terrible score but still had fun

Got my first ace today! Short hole, but still pretty good feeling.

Bailey Road park, Hole 2. About 200ft from tee to pin. Then finished out the front 9 at -1

Fun round

Played in our local Ice Bowl, which was also the first tag round of the year, and shot a -3. Had to leave early so I don't know what tag I ended up with, but out of the groups that had finished I only saw one score lower than mine. I could have still played a lot better.

Status
Not open for further replies.