• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played dubs on Saturday with the guys...me and my partner went 14 down for 25 holes and the other guys went 8 down...Kicked their azzest at Tyler. Had a few missed putts and could've been easily 16 or 17 down.

At least I didn't DFL! Shot a ****ty first round and a decent ( slight bit higher than rating) second round to finished 10 strokes outta cash. Guy who won shot 980's all weekend in AM2...

Disc'd down on a pitch and putt nine holer. Finally started clicking with my warships that were recently acquired through the market place. Sunk a 40' putt and a couple 20-25'ers. Was within about 2 feet from an ace. Solid day all round using nothing but mid's and putters. Gonna have to do so more often. Felt really good.

Been playing fairly good the past few days. Hit a chubby ace on my 2nd drive at the course the other day. only a 150 foot hole, but it was still cool. Now if only i could get my putting together lol

I played the Mother of the Valley B-Tier in Terre Haute, IN this weekend.

On Saturday, I finished 2nd in Rec, which apparently was great practice...

Because on Sunday, I WON Intermediate. My first win in Intermediate.

It is a pretty big deal to me, really, because I had pretty much become convinced that I had forgotten how to play this game.

After this weekend, faith has been restored in my abilities.

Pretty well thank you! Two rounds at Tinicum in this god-awful heat (and at mid-day). Best part of it was that two pretty good Epics and a made 27 foot putt got me a 3 on 18 the first round!

Karl

This is how I played Saturday.. (for today I am at work)

null_zpsb633e57d.png

I played the Mother of the Valley B-Tier in Terre Haute, IN this weekend.

On Saturday, I finished 2nd in Rec, which apparently was great practice...

Because on Sunday, I WON Intermediate. My first win in Intermediate.

It is a pretty big deal to me, really, because I had pretty much become convinced that I had forgotten how to play this game.

After this weekend, faith has been restored in my abilities.
I finished t-10 in the Mother of the Valley in Rec, played 2nd rd with Job and his caddy :).
Didn't putt very well, hip acting up, tweaked a knee. but i had a lot of fun.
Congratulations again Job and Matt on your victories!

Yesterday shot a decent league round. Should come in rated well. Best part was coming through with a 2 2 2 2 1 3 2 stretch to finish out and avoid a really BAD round. Got my head right saving for a 3 on the 500 foot hole before that run, where my drive was against a fence about 390 out!

Well, this is an interesting one. We played the infamous Worst Disc today at doubles. Me and my partner also happened to win with the best score of... wait for it... +18. It just seems so weird to have the best round of the day be eighteen over par. After playing this, I think I'm safe to say I won't need to play worst disc for another year. By that time I'll probably forget how much it sucked, and recommend we play it again.

Yesterdays round was rough....+3 on first 4....missed 3 easy birdies (all low)....didn't make a single putt beyond 25'.....fought back to within 1 on the final hole only to finish with a dub bogey. I suppose my group had a crummy round, but dub bogey is a bad way to end any round imo...

Last night canned 5 from outside 50 feet, including a 100 foot hyzer in. Partner also made 2 from 30+ and 1 80+ footer. We won by 1 stroke at "Fight Club" (our "big boy" league - $10 buy in, pays only top 3 no matter what, and a heavy payout to the winner) and cashed in $60 apiece. We didn't do it the easy way, but we did it.

Threw pretty well other than a couple of holes, and my putting disappeared for 6 holes in the middle of the round. But I played 18, and every hole I play after only playing for a few months is volumes of information to get better with. The addiction grows...:thmbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts