• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting to draw a pretty good bead on my local courses, nearing or hitting personal course bests several times this spring/summer on them (like shooting a 49 for 19 holes at Williamsburg yesterday!), but I struggle at league nights and in tourneys. Might be because they're at less familiar sites and tougher courses. Need to relax and mentally play as if I'm soloing a casual round, I guess! :eek:

I've made some great strides in form this week! Lowering my disc a little and bringing it more into my body, shifting my weight more, and making sure my wrist is ready to snap. Birdied some longer holes I've had a hard time with and more consistency to my drives!

I'm still having troubles with height for distance + consistently turning a disc over. Most of my shots are lazer beam hyzers or lazer beams on frozen ropes.

Didn't technically play today, but I did hit over 425' on a football field at driving practice. One of my longer drives ever, so I'm pretty stoked.

Shot my personal best at Buhlow State Park yesterday. 53, which is either -1 or -3, depending on who you ask. I was told it's only the second round down there by an am, but I have no way of knowing that. Felt good man.

Last week I had 6 of my most consistent rounds ever in tournament play. Shot 30-50 points above my rating each round at Worlds and still felt like I left a lot out on the course. The heat, wind, and pressure of being at my first Worlds actually sorta helped me bear down and concentrate more. I have to learn how to FINISH a round though. I was leading my cards and blew up on the last 2 holes of my final 2 rounds to give back the lead to someone else. Anyone have any good advice for how keep your foot on the throttle in a tournament round and not cave in??

Still......great experience and great guys to compete against. All 6 rounds I had real good guys to play with and it felt like buddies in a casual round rather than Worlds. Granted, it wasn't the top 3 cards, I imagine those can be a little more tense!!

F'ing wind...

Felt like this tonight:

I hadn't noticed the whitecaps in the little pond before. I bet that's the first time in history some has said "I wish had a 10m Brick right now", lol!

Was 4 over @ Nevin Sunday, going into 16, and blew th f*** up. Finished double, double, bogey, for a +9, which ties my personal best, great and all, but that finish made me retire forever for about 3 hours.

Played mediocre at Eastway last night, but had a "first time" moment. 14 long has a lowish ceiling tunnel shot that opens up just as an OB access road starts, @ 288. So, you have to carry 288 on a pretty low line, but really about 310 before the shot fades, to make the in bounds left side of the "road," and not be in the weeds. Made the shot last night, barely, first time ever. (then shanked 3 shots, missed a putt, for a double boge 6. Love this game.)

Best birdie so far

Had one of the best drives ever on hole 3 of Grey Fox in Silver Lake, WI from the long tee to the long pin position. The hole is about 450 feet long. Threw a great anhyzer with a metal flake destroyer that went past the hill and hyzered out at the end. Once we found the disc, it was about 20 feet from the pin and I nailed that putt for a birdie. The round wasn't as good overall, but I still felt great after the round.

I've been lurking in this thread for awhile now. Some interesting anecdotes. I've wanted to add my own, but mostly I play in the evenings or the weekends and well I have much better things to do that sit in front of a confuser.

As general statement I've been happy with my game post arthroscopic surgery for a major tear in my rotator cuff. Throwing arm of course. I used to get 300-325 course distance before surgery but my longest drives so far average around 250'. Some out to 275. But the accuracy is good and part of my physical therapy routine included putting practice. So while I'm not getting the distance yet, my scores haven't been much different that before.

I'm playing tonight a round 5. Should be interesting winds 20-30, with gusts 40+. Can't wait.

I've been playing rather good lately..hitting my lines, getting decent distance and putting better than ever. I know I just jinxed myself by stating that but it's the truth. Went 1 down for 27 holes at Tyler State Park on Tuesday. Played again on Wednesday and was 3 down after playing 18. Hopefully I can keep it up through next weekend when I have a dubs tourney at Nocamixon and Tinnicum. Looking forward to playing those two courses with my GripEnemy. We should tear it up.

+7 again today (61). I think I've scored that 3 of my last 4 rounds. Not long ago it was my best score, now it's an average.

My drives are improving, but my approaches were a little off today, probably because of the wind. I only used 4 discs again...Amp, Tangent, Leo, Ion. One of these days I'm gonna par the course with just these discs.

Overall, a pretty good day.

-2 at the home course, which is about average.

The good part is that I finally got my 10 year old off of Minecraft long enough to play a round with me today. He's been all about Little League this summer, so disc has taken a back seat. :\

He got out and threw and his drives went almost double what he was throwing last fall.

Got him hooked again. :thmbup:

Watch your back, McBeast. Watch your back.

Trying out some new stuff, and revisiting some old, so overall score was meh, but I had some great shots and may be enroute to some changes to my bag, if not a major bag overhaul.

Hit 3 local courses that I don't normally play. Up early enough that Little Mountain was empty but just couldn't hit the basket on the first hole. Over the day my drives improved and I'm up to 210' but it still causes me trouble on those long holes at Quilchena. Jericho hill was nice, but there was a folk music festival at Jericho beach which made getting to the course hard and holes 3 and 6 were missing a basket. Overall, a great way to spend a Saturday and it was nice to see my score improving over the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.