• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
10/4/13 played my local madison park all par 3s, short tees first time ever shooting par here, shot two rounds and ended up with a 107.

10/6/13 played 45 holes at Vallarta-ast in madison, wi and shot a 78 for the first 27 (short tees, whites) and then played a round from the longs, and finished with a 64, which for me is good, I left four to five putts out there. My game is getting a ton better. Mvp discs have been a godsend, next week is my first ever tourney!

Not too bad. Getting as many holes in as I can as I've got my first tourney in a month. Really working on shaping my lines instead of getting max distance and it has helped a ton today. Had 5 really good birdie chances, made 3 but also had 5 doubles so that wiped it out. Thank goodness Im still super new at this.

Boxer's fracture on my right hand three holes left in a tourney... still finished and got last cash!

Here was my weekend trip to the Twin Cities:

*Friday late PM - Kaposia Park : Played like utter bunghole
*Saturday AM - Blue Ribbon Pines : Played pretty well through the first 20, then the wheels sort of came off.
*Saturday PM - Acorn Park : Played pretty well after getting off BRP tilt.
*Sunday AM - Cottage Grove : 6 dudes. Scramble. 18 holes. I think we used my throw twice. 'Nuff said.

Overall, I played pretty poorly but at least had a blast doing it.

Played in the RAC, at Rosedale KCK.. I stunk it up pretty good in MG1 today... still only 3strokes from 1st to last place out of 6 of us...I should have crushed them all today, I play much better than that...Had a really fun day though with all my friends..

Just read a PM I sent to Stardoggy that said I played "pretty well" at Kaposia on Friday PM.

I just looked at the scorecard.

I did not play "pretty well". :|

Yesterday, at my Knobley Mountain tournament, I tied the course record from the Red tees with a -6, 21. I was within inches of setting a new course record as I hit chain on #8 and settled for the 2 instead of a 1. :) Felt really good to score so well while playing with a couple friends that I met on here!

Boxer's fracture on my right hand three holes left in a tourney... still finished and got last cash!

Did you punch a basket?

If they use a "Galveston brace" instead of a cast on it don't succumb to the temptation to loosen it. I did and my hand healed crooked (doesn't impair me though since I'm not a piano player).

Curtis

I shot two rounds at a local tourney (Iron Leaf Classic). The first round was alright, and the second round was kinda meh. I still won intermediate, but I left a lot of strokes out there that second round. Overall, I was decently pleased. The course was great and the TD was on his game.

Played 2 rounds at The Coopenhiemer in Flat Top, WV yesterday. Got -3 on the first round of 9, and -1 on the second, pretty average for me, the lowest I've shot at this course was -4. I think the pars are messed up on Discasaurus though, the course owner Justyn told me the last 4 holes were par 4 and the app only notes the last 3 as par 4.

Up in Reno for a gambling trip. Drive down to Zephyr in South Lake Tahoe yesterday and was incredibly impressed. What a beautiful and well maintained course!!! My friend joined me and played for the first time, he was instantly addicted. :clap: I shot a +13, which I was extremely happy with (no double bogeys the whole way until I shot a 5 on hole 18 :\).

We both went and played The Ranch here in Reno today. Fun course, very open, the only downside being there are lots and lots of scrub brushes with thorns and burrs. Shot my best ever +9 for an 18 hole course there. Woohoo!

BDA

Played 27 casual holes at Seneca Creek on an absolutely gorgeous fall day. Got dialed in after 3 holes instead of my usual 15-18 holes. Had some nice shots: a near-ace on 2A, and a roller-deuce on 18 white. Being furloughed has some benefits!

Was out doing some field work, hitting a pretty consistent 330-350, which distance wise is about where I've been for a couple weeks, but the accuracy is now getting nice. Anyways, while going at it, a kid (maybe 18-19) came up and asked if I could help him out. First time I've been asked for advice out of the blue like that...and it was kinda nice. I was a Little League coach for 5 years, and miss it quite a bit, so it felt really nice to go into that instructional mode for a bit. Of course, I had to use the disclaimer that I still have a ways to go myself, but I was able to help with the basics. He went from about 125' to 250' in ten minutes. Pretty awesome.

Played Boone Woods today to refresh my memory before the Ace Race Saturday, and finished early enough I decided to go let Idlewild beat be up before dark. Played 24 short tees & actually matched course par, so I was OK with that. :p

Our local ace race was on Saturday. It was not the best day to be out there gunning for aces. 50mph winds and rain all day didn't make it easy.

Leagues yesterday on Eagle's Peak went really well with me shooting my best round out there. I ended up with a +3!! The layout got changed recently and seems a little easier but it's the best I've shot on the hill. Hole 2 I had an ok drive putting me up to the pin, but a 70 approach between and under two cedars with the basket up a hill behind them and covered up by the bushy cedar branches. I could see the bottom half of the basket. I was trying to just gun my putter right through the gap at the base of the basket and park it for the 3. I hit the right spot with the right speed and skipped it right up and in for the 2. The next hole I hit a 45 foot uphill putt for a solid 3. I only had one big fumble on the round and shot for the complete wrong basket on hole 9. I was gunning for another 300 feet up the fairway when the basket was a meer 60 feet right of me.
I maybe missed 2 putts in the circle, but hit 3 or 4 outside of the circle. It's fun having the 32 tag and hanging with the 3 & 4 tags. I tied with the guy who had the 4 tag... so close...

played great yesterday. PB on a new course that has been kicking my ass. shot -2. Tying official record and only 1 off the unofficial record. Even missed a few shots that would've pushed me even lower.

I've been turning over my distance FH's though. Did it again yesterday. Going to play the course again tonight, and hopefully solve a couple issues. I missed a few of the deucable holes due to poor FH distance mgmt, so need to understand that a little better.

I just re-did my bag, putting in a bunch of my older discs i've thrown and loved for years (or new copies of them) and just felt more comfortable. That plus getting my massive shipmenet of usps padded envelopes and i'm ready for a big sell-off all the discs i bought and tried this year (about 50-60) while returning to my old roots of Aviars, Rocs, Whippets, Firebirds, Teebirds, Destroyers.

Status
Not open for further replies.