• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played Tyler State Park today. Getting a bit more comfortable with my driving and thankfully, relaxing more on my putting. Much, much work to do but I'll save that mentality for what I get paid for and just keep having fun on the DG course!

I played 2 rounds at Rainy River DGC in International Falls. The snow melted last night, but will be back again today. My play was indifferent, but I was glad to be playing without having to bundle up. Nose angle was tending to be too low today.

Played Winthrop and then went to some of the high schools for practice. Was 4 over par after 18 holes that were random between lakefront and gold, my best score ever on this made up course I run. The guy that was with me was at 1 under until we hit the front/gold. I was actually hitting about 400 for once with my valks so I kept ahead. Then I went to Rock Hill High School and Castle Heights Middle School. Played 18 at castle heights with ym Mc pros and was 3 under, played RHHS with the mcpros plus teeird and hit 3 under after 9 holes, then threw a made up 400 foot hole and got 3 birdies. This is my first week back to playing lhbh after a year of right handed-only throwing. I can still bomb about 375 standing still or stepping left handed. It takes all of my strength plus my jedi mind power to hit 350 with the same discs rhbh. I had finally gotten down to under ten molds in my bag,but going back to 12 to cover lhbh again.

threw well putted well despite 40 mph winds before and after tornado warnings. shot a 57 channahan longs- no deuces! prob high 980s and 51 mix of shorts and longs trinity links touchin 1000+. did not miss one putt in CRAZY winds and caught a few HUGE deuces with those gusts. fun and crazy day of disc, f*ck work id rather disc :p

threw a dead even at emerald park in Mesa, AZ. I was a bit tired from the night before, could not hit a putt to save my life. One bogey, one birdie.

Drove down to Pinto Lake early Saturday morning and played the full 18 there for the first time. Played decently, except for hole 16 (triple bogey 7).

Then went to De Laveaga and got in 25 holes there before having to head back North for a family event that evening.

Was a little nervous for the Sunday morning tournament in GG Park, the legs were pretty sore from hiking around for 43 holes on Sat. Ended up with a +10 for the tourney round (my best ever). Would have been a lot better, except I over threw my second shot on 18, which went across the concrete path and disappeared (I'm assuming someone picked it up :mad:). So closed out my round with a triple bogey 6. :doh:

All in all, played 72 holes over the weekend!!! What a great time. :clap:

BDA

Drove down to Pinto Lake early Saturday morning and played the full 18 there for the first time. Played decently, except for hole 16 (triple bogey 7).

Then went to De Laveaga and got in 25 holes there before having to head back North for a family event that evening.

Was a little nervous for the Sunday morning tournament in GG Park, the legs were pretty sore from hiking around for 43 holes on Sat. Ended up with a +10 for the tourney round (my best ever). Would have been a lot better, except I over threw my second shot on 18, which went across the concrete path and disappeared (I'm assuming someone picked it up :mad:). So closed out my round with a triple bogey 6. :doh:

All in all, played 72 holes over the weekend!!! What a great time. :clap:

BDA

Glad you enjoyed playing courses in the Northern California area!

I played Pinto on Sunday morning and had a great time. Gorgeous Fall day, had three birdies, and some putts for birdy that were closer that ever. 16 is terribly hard, prone to lost discs, and has a hiking path that is commonly used that you are driving onto. . :gross: I've switched to playing the short, Daisy Chains, position on that hole.

Played dubs in Dayton Sat. morning - took second place then drove down to Turtle Rock and played for tags ~ again second place shot a +5. Sunday played tags at Sierra College and took first place with a +3(5 Players) and then promptly lost my #27 tag and dropped to #31 on the second round with a +6. Great weekend of DG.....but damn I'm tired today at work!!

Glad you enjoyed playing courses in the Northern California area!

I played Pinto on Sunday morning and had a great time. Gorgeous Fall day, had three birdies, and some putts for birdy that were closer that ever. 16 is terribly hard, prone to lost discs, and has a hiking path that is commonly used that you are driving onto. . :gross: I've switched to playing the short, Daisy Chains, position on that hole.

Thanks DG. I also really enjoyed playing Pinto, very nice course. Was really quiet on Sat, didn't run into many other golfers and had very little other foot traffic.

Next time I go back, I'll have to quiz you on the Daisy Chains thing. That hole really drove me crazy, just was so hard to find the line to shoot at.

Thanks DG. I also really enjoyed playing Pinto, very nice course. Was really quiet on Sat, didn't run into many other golfers and had very little other foot traffic.

Next time I go back, I'll have to quiz you on the Daisy Chains thing. That hole really drove me crazy, just was so hard to find the line to shoot at.

Ya, Saturday mornings are slow, that is why I like to play then too, but this Saturday I was at Aptos High School or I'd have had you play with us :)

Daisy Chains is a women's Disc Golf group that have some nice tournaments, like this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoxC...ew-vl&list=PLbnvbtJ11PvGpJwR4fifmYHYHm-8DGHbw

They have good positions on the course, that I really prefer using on a lot of holes, cuz you know, I can get a birdie sometimes ;)

It was a beautiful day here in NC and I got three rounds in. Lots of fun, but my scoring wasn't great. Took a penalty stroke and a double bogey on all three courses. Finished even par for the day though, so it wasn't too bad.

Got new windows installed today, so had to kennel the dog, so it seemed natural to take vacation today.

Played 4 rounds in 30 mph winds (gusts to 45), 35º and cloudy all day. Actually shot pretty darn well, considering the conditions. It can get a little hairy when even Firebirds released on a hyzer end up flipping over into rollers.

One thing...the guy I play with, who I play with a lot of the time, gave me a hard time for throwing a Buzzz on a slightly uphill, 266' hole. The hole was somewhat shielded from the wind, and if anything, the wind was coming from behind. He ended up lecturing me that throwing a mid on that length of hole was basically saying "you don't want any chance to ace". Oh, and that was after I put it within 8' and canned the easy birdie. Sometimes, I just have to shake my head...especially from a guy throws Blizzard Destroyers for approaches.

/rant

Played a decent round today at Fort Yargo (Winder, GA) with a friend and my dog. Started hot, and the putting was good all day, but didn't have many good tee shots on the back nine, a lot of tree hate after some tree love on the front nine. Finished at -2. Also, my friend flicked a DX Dart in for a birdie 3 from 100' out on 17. I think I was more excited than he was.

Played really good today. shot 13 under the first round and 10 under the 2nd.

I also did some serious work and thinking about my bag. took some stuff out added a few things in. Going to be a good time for disc golf this winter. :thmbup:

eeeeeh. *shrug* was pretty windy. really hurt on kaposia's fairways. couldn't use my comets. was putting terribly until i figured out i had inadvertently changed my grip, too.

Had to drop my daughter off at play rehearsal at 6pm, so figured why not head down to the local course and get a round of pitch black disc in?

Shot -3 in the dark (beside glow discs and disc lights - no basket lights).

I swear to god, that Eclipse Ion is full of sweet evil, evil, delicious magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts