• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played in my first monthly today and had a blast. Didn't shoot well at all -- +25 and +19 in rounds 1 and 2, respectively -- but I had fun, and that's what counts. Met a lot of great people who I'm sure will not only improve my game but increase my appreciation of it in the process. All in all a win-win scenario.

Can't believe it took me this long to get into this sport....

I ran a tourney this weekend, I didn't get a chance to throw much, a lot of watching people play and cooking meals- I did play in the glow rounds, not very well, not quite in the right state of mind. This morning before folks took off 7 of us played a round on the red layout and I killed it, posted a course record/personal best and my first time breaking 20 with a 19, -8 on 9 holes.

meh. putting is getting really difficult for me as it gets colder, but my driving is still decent. didn't throw too well, but had shining moments.

deuced hole 11 at acorn park; first time doing that. great drive with the P-PD and then a 30 foot putt. only 2 holes there i haven't deuced now - 9 and 18, and neither of those are EVER going to happen. if i only i could get all of those in one round sometime . . . i suppose 9 might happen as i gain more distance, but 475 is a looooooong way to get within putting range. maybe a lucky upshot.

Last edited:
meh. putting is getting really difficult for me as it gets colder, but my driving is still decent. didn't throw too well, but had shining moments.

deuced hole 11 at acorn park; first time doing that. great drive with the P-PD and then a 30 foot putt. only 2 holes there i haven't deuced now - 9 and 18, and neither of those are EVER going to happen. if i only i could get all of those in one round sometime . . . i suppose 9 might happen as i gain more distance, but 475 is a looooooong way to get within putting range. maybe a lucky upshot.

Dang man. 475ft and it's still a Par 3? That is one tough hole.

Introduced a couple of guys to a cool little pseudo-technical 9 hole course they'd never played before and then went and played the new "back 9" at my home course (9 baskets, 18 looks).

We poured the tee pads last weekend and have been chomping at the bit to play them over and over and over and over and over...

Shot well all around.

Had to go see my wife's play in town this afternoon, but after that did some field work at the local football field until the sun went down. Finally feel like my drives are really coming around. Hit 300+ with my D3 and D4 and got REALLY close with my Champ Viking. :thmbup:

-1 and -3 at the local nine today. Got home and did some yard work, and after that realized how big of a bitch Winter Park is (from yesterday). My legs are absolutely dead. The Winter Park site says 15000 ft of walking each loop...which means I put in almost 6 miles up and down that damn ski hill. I've got a feeling I'm going to be dragging myself around tomorrow!

Played 36 at Castle Hayne today to try and off-set the crappy round I had on Saturday during my first tournament. First 18 I shot 13 over and led my foursome.....which is really good for me. Next round I posted three snowmen for a +21 and came in dead last. Might have had something to do with the frustration I felt with the couple of d-bags in front of us playing slow who wouldn't let us play through, but in the final analysis it was my crappy aim that made me the bottom card.

But, like Annie said, "Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow...."

I'll be back.

Played 36 at Castle Hayne today to try and off-set the crappy round I had on Saturday during my first tournament. First 18 I shot 13 over and led my foursome.....which is really good for me. Next round I posted three snowmen for a +21 and came in dead last. Might have had something to do with the frustration I felt with the couple of d-bags in front of us playing slow who wouldn't let us play through, but in the final analysis it was my crappy aim that made me the bottom card.

But, like Annie said, "Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow...."

I'll be back.

Once you get some years under your belt the people in front of you won't be a bother.

Just play some patty cake or pull some cards out until they go on. I prefer to play War. :D

Played Patapsco twice on a gorgeous, breezy afternoon. Started out slow (curse you, standard time, and your infernal darkness), but picked up after 18 holes or so. I'm a classic stuck-at-300' guy, but I was regularly hitting 300' with fairway drivers and 330-340' with distance drivers.

Had birdie looks on a few holes that I usually play for 3, but couldn't bang any long putts. Oh well.

well, field work in sub-freezing temps isn't much fun, but i tell ya what - hand warmers are magical.

figured a couple things out while driving, which was nice. a glove+handwarmer=never worrying about grip slippage. i won't have to worry quite so much about my putting, etc. in the cold. nice revelation.

also figured out something that has been bothering me for a bit - pull height. i was focusing so much on "ripping the nips" that i forgot to pull from my center where it's comfortable, which is down by my stomach more. instantly popped my PD, which was 300-330 for the past couple weeks, back up to 360.

picked up a p-line frenzy for kicks and giggles; man that stamp is ugly. it's kind of a weird disc; dunno if i like it. you crank on it and the thing GOES, but it turns so easily, then sorta dumps at the end. no forward fade whatsoever. just a biiiiiiiiiiiiiig right turn and then it straightens out so it can dump left. i had some pretty sweet hyerflips with it, including one that went 400 feet no more than 6 feet off the ground. it's kinda nice because you know it will hook up at some point. just wish it continued forward afterwards . .. .

felt up some quasars at GGGT since that is what i had originally planned on buying. they were all domey, pop-top pieces of **** with super slick plastic. yuck.

Played in a 8 team club challenge at vop in pinehurst on sunday. Had a blast and won all 3 of my matchups. Also hit an ace on a 180 hole on a skip with a chicken. My team tcp came in second.

i shot even stevens yesterday at sherando including my first ever birdie on hole 7. yea boy, i'm happy. :)

Shot a pretty decent round at The Ravine course at Chestnut Ridge the other day. Would have liked to have a few of those shots back, but it was one of my better scores I've ever got throwing through the woods there. It didn't count, but I threw an extra drive on hole 16 with my proton tangent and hit the basket for the first time ever off of a drive. What a great sound. The drive landed about 2 feet away from the basket too (must have hit it straight on)

taking a few days off... developing elbow pain/thumb pain.
my last round was of 27 holes (9 wooded x-holes) and I think I was like 6 or 7 over par for all holes as par 3
played pretty well... missed some dumbass mini putts. Couldn't get my drivers to behave backhand but forehand was throwin dimes.

First 18 at TSP I ended up shooting 1 over. Second round of playing all 27 holes ended up being 3 over. Not a bad two rounds but it sucks being three down only to take a couple bogeys to turn your round into over par. Made some great putts and some good recovery shots...Just need to focus on being smooth and not jerky at the end of the throw.

Status
Not open for further replies.