• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just trying to play even today due to the ridiculous wind. I was even going into 17. 12ft par putt into the wind hit the middle of the chains and blew back past me. 15ft hit chains and blew 20ft away. Forehand angry drive hit chains and blew 50ft away. I took an eight on flat ground. Birdied 18 and went home for Chapstick and comfort food.

Played Markham in Sunrise, Fl and Plantation htg after. Just my wife and I for a casual time. The winds were strong all day & I played very bad.

My wife beat me back to back on big drive courses for the first time.

Great job Linda:clap:

Best round so far at Swope. Didn't look good for the first four or five holes and I was +5 halfway through. I got two deuces for the first time in one round there, and ended up with a +4. Previous best at Swope was a +5. :)

2 rounds of 8 (one basket is out right now)...-3 both rounds, which is my best score at Meyer ever, even with 9 holes in. Threw my best drive ever...about 370', and straight as an arrow. Even canned a couple 30+ putts. I really hope this is me turning a corner, and not just an aberration.

i played pretty well and then i played okay and then i played poorly, haha.

i shot -6 at acorn with both a bogey and a double bogey; putting was lights out. deuced hole 18 for the first time.

then did alright at lakewood. played another round, played worse. played a round at the valley and played even worse. it is what it is and it was a great day out. me and elmdexla tore up the courses around here and i think he stole my mojo for the last couple rounds, carding 5 birds on the last 7 holes at lakewood, nailing some long putts too. it was a good day.

tomorrow is supposed to be 70's but my finger honestly hurts like a biyotch and i dunno if i'm up for more just yet. we'll see how it goes.

So i did field work today. I was throwing the farthest i have ever thrown. Checked in google distance calculator. dont know how accurate it is. threw 486 feet my furthest. I dont know if that is accurate but if it is hell yeah. My average was about 430. I tried using a new quick pump when i throw and a smaller x step more compact.

i shot -6 at acorn with both a bogey and a double bogey; putting was lights out. deuced hole 18 for the first time.

then did alright at lakewood. played another round, played worse. played a round at the valley and played even worse. it is what it is and it was a great day out. me and elmdexla tore up the courses around here and i think he stole my mojo for the last couple rounds, carding 5 birds on the last 7 holes at lakewood, nailing some long putts too. it was a good day.

tomorrow is supposed to be 70's but my finger honestly hurts like a biyotch and i dunno if i'm up for more just yet. we'll see how it goes.

A 2 on 18 is impressive.

Played Baugo again in indiana shot really bad my first game a 68 played 2 more round an got 64 twice witch is 2 over par. The first game my throws were just off but I was actually happy with my putting for once in the last two games. Played there Sunday an played my best ever. Only been playing 8 months

A 2 on 18 is impressive.

Full disclosure, haha: Acorn is still in short pin positions. I was still REALLY psyched about it, there was a bit of a left to right tailwind and I just mashed my fresh dx teebird out through the gap, made it to the top of the hill and hit my putt. Easily my favorite moment of the year so far! :hfive:

i was still feenin and played a round at shakopee on my way home. hoping for a quick round......lost another wasp- same spot, same wind, same situation as last fall. i was a few under par too at that point. i gathered up my **** and left.

well now to post in the MP for more wasps haha

Full disclosure, haha: Acorn is still in short pin positions. I was still REALLY psyched about it, there was a bit of a left to right tailwind and I just mashed my fresh dx teebird out through the gap, made it to the top of the hill and hit my putt. Easily my favorite moment of the year so far! :hfive:

I was assuming it was a throw in from the fairway, which is still a crazy hard shot, but okay yeah, shorts. That's still a great 2 though.

I was thinking about playing Acorn this weekend to start prepping for the tournament in May. Too bad it's short pins.

Better than last weekend.

-2 on red(short) -5 on white(long) @ Lost Creek DGC, Superior Neb.
I think I'm finally getting that wintertime rust worn off. Last week was +5 on two rounds of whites.
Lost another one to the pond(that's 3 out of 4 times I've played there this year)
And the Ace fairy came out to taunt me once again. Nice sweeping drive off #1 White on my second round. The ESP Crank, Skipped 8 feet from the basket and hit about 4 inches too low for a sure ace. I've been playing for what? ....Eleven years now, still no ace. I guess I need to raise my chances and play more.
Putting was pretty good too. Only missed a few long putts so my putting game is coming around. All in all, a good day. Always room for improvement.

One day after shooting a 57 at HAH in Fairborn, I managed to shoot +7 at Kettering. I'm going to blame it on the extremely soggy conditions, which is entirely true. But I will also be accountable and say I just wasn't feeling it either. I missed really easy lines. Couldn't hit a putt. Just not a good day. But If anyone else has these days and feels discouraged, you need to have these days to realize you can always get better. Keep rounds like this in your mind so that you can work on reducing the amount of days where you just feel "off".

i shot a PR 50 yesterday at Jim Barnett during the club tag match. i'm pretty psyched about that score.

shot +10 first round at st. peter riverside today. was starting to get dark so i hauled ass to play a second round. shot a + 5

also on my first round on the trail to the last hole i turned the corner to find 3 deer staring at me. then they ran off into the woods i gotta terrible picture of it

mSx2Er4.jpg

Personal best by 3 strokes. :D

The best (or worst) part is I left quite a few strokes out there. 2 silly OB throws on fairly open throws, 1 tunnel fail (and recovery shot fail) that cost me, and 4 putts off the belt or rim.

On the positive side - I was driving well, nailing approach shots, and I hit a few putts that were on the fringe of my range.

Played terribly at lakewood in the wind. Shot under at acorn two rounds in a row. Encouraging. :) had my longest golf drive ever on 8, again with the dx teebird. Doinked about a 30 foot putt for deuce, but so happy to see that i am still throwing farther and improving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts