• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started off hot. (Sawmills red tees) the round went downhil quick where I took a 5, a 7, and a few more bogies. I really need to practice putting more as that alone would have saved at least 3 to 4 strokes.

Super good day! Shot tied for best round (-3) at my home course, Jellystone in Colorado, then my 17 year old son took me up on an offer to throw another 10 holes (he's at the point where he's kind of embarrassed to play with his dad, but coming back around) with his old man. Stoked! He also asked me to put together a beginner bag for him, so he can play with his buddies.

Went and played a quick 9 with my 10 year old son and our neighbors, not doing bad, +2 through 6, bad part was my son was +1 through 6!!!!!! He started trash talking and we all know how that goes....he got a 6 and 7 on next 2 holes. Kinda felt bad for him but I would not have heard the end of it, EVER!!!!!! He did finish third out of the 6 guys in our group though. Thinking about taking him out to one of the doubles nights around here and seeing how well we do. I had been out of town for the last week so all in all it was a great round, hanging out with my boy!!!!!!!

I started off hot. (Sawmills red tees) the round went downhil quick where I took a 5, a 7, and a few more bogies. I really need to practice putting more as that alone would have saved at least 3 to 4 strokes.

Sawmills can be a challenge, especially when you start into the woods around hole 6 or 7

Hurt my back last week, so slowed and powered everything down. Had a decent round (+5).

1st nine holes - :|
2nd nine holes - :\
last nine - like crap. :mad:

Pretty well. Shot 5 under at Griggs Reservoir after replacing a lost disc at Disc Golf Mart. Feel like doing some field throwing soon.

Wanted to try Buck Creek and Handyman Ace Hardware DGC today but my friend has an injured hand so that was a no-go. Maybe tomorrow with getting work off.

pretty well, considering today was the first complete round i've gotten in in two months. only had two putting meltdowns and had a few great approach shots. got under bogey for the course.:):eek:

Didn't get to the course today so I hit up my in laws back field, had some really good rips and I think I might of hit 400ft today! I need to measure it off to be sure but I was pumped!

Considering the amount of distractions I had I didn't play to bad. A buddy of mine who disc golfs asked me if I wanted to meet him at the course with him and his girlfriend. I decided to challenge him and his girlfriend to a friendly game of doubles with our lady friends (both have never played disc golf) teeing off from the short tees. Needless to say when I got to the park there was a ton of people due to memorial day weekend so there was lots of chuckers out there today. No big deal to me, I love seeing people on the course (as long as they are civil). The kicker was that my buddy's new girlfriend brought along her 2 year old kid who just whined and cried the whole time. We never got to play doubles but instead it was more like his girlfriend randomly throwing when she had a 2 second break from caring to her kid. We ended up playing only 9 holes instead of the planned 18 but I shot 2+ and because hole 9 finishes near the 18th hole I played that as well. Ended up parking it for a drop in 2 on a 300ft high hyzer blind shot. :)

Out of curiosity, does that mean you got better than +17?

yes that is exactly what i meant. i don't bulls&%t anyone about how good i really arent. i throw about 210 distance. but i make up for it by blowing approach shots and three putting a couple of times a round. i would be like :doh: but i have too much fun to take this too seriously.:)

Super day in super weather... won league in Eldon, MO today. Was -4 after nine holes and the starting doing weird stuff with big league. Wound up even par... but super day nonetheless!

yes that is exactly what i meant. i don't bulls&%t anyone about how good i really arent. i throw about 210 distance. but i make up for it by blowing approach shots and three putting a couple of times a round. i would be like :doh: but i have too much fun to take this too seriously.:)

You sound exactly like my brother-in-law. I don't think he's gotten par on more than 4 holes in one round. He's usually around +20. But, every time he plays, he has fun. :thmbup:

First MA1 win and first unofficial 1000 rated round. It was a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts