• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played at Madeline Bertrand in niles michigan today shot a -2 first game a -4 the second an -1 the third it was a great day

That's definitely a fun (and historical) lil' course....my all-time lowest score (in regards to above or below par 54) is at that course, with a -9 (which included a double bogey). ;)

there has been no playing since sunday. finally started landscaping again and i cannot WAIT until next wednesday so i can finally have freaking money in my banks account. anyway, i'm sore and we haven't even built any walls or driveways yet!

it's funny how out of shape i had gotten since beginning a desk job. i can already feel my old iron grip coming back though.

this summer will be a test of that "does stronger=farther" inquiry, methinks. i also think it will indeed.

I'm in the pest control business and I do all of the outdoor stuff for my family business, so rain totally screws my schedule up, today we had a 60% chance of rain so I had the day off. I was very ambitious and decided to play 3 full rounds and take advantage of my day off. I played my home course first, then drive to a other nearby course for my 2nd, then back to my home course for my final round. I threw pretty well my first game, 56 (54par), then 61 (54par) my second, so not so great, then by the time I got to my third round I was so tired I totally blew it and threw terribly. That's over 10 miles, by my phones gps, in one day of golf, so all in all I think I threw alright for all the course time I put in. Even though I screwed the last game it sure beats work! A bad day of golf always beats a good day at work!

Guess who double boged two of the easiest holes on his home course and walked away with the high tag at league tonight?

Yeah. :wall:

Weird day overall. Very inconsistent with drives spraying all over the place. I also managed to send my shark swimming (first lost disc this year) on a OATastic approach that turned in the wind.

On the positive side made 2 of my best shots of the year... One was ~40 ft out in a bush, so I was stretched out as far as possible to the left to just reach outside the bush. 2 trees dead in the way so a big anny line while trying not to fall over....crash..chains...birdie. :) I'll probably never hit that shot again but it felt great! Another is a 181' tight tunnel with the basket tucked just off to the left. I FINALLY hit the line I've been failing at with my teebird and shot a dead straight laser all the way to the end. Unfortunately it skipped past the basket ~25 feet and I doinked the putt off the basket. I was just so happy to finally nail the line that I didn't even mind the missed putt.

Overall my score was about average for the last few weeks, nothing special, but those 2 shots made it seem like a better day.

Decent. My son, my nephew and I played two casual rounds today and finished within three or four of each other both rounds. My son and I tied for first on round one and I won round two outright. Good times!

Last night, I played a mostly average 3 disc round with two Novas and an Envy. I aced with one of the Novas on Sunday, I aced with the other one during this round! I was throwing smooth and was getting the putters out to the high 200's for distance.

10262267_10203621330396136_7908330336436534728_n.jpg

Aside from two hiccups, I'd say I play pretty darn well today. Tied the course record. Would have been much better if it wasn't for that stupid bogey and double bogey. Glad I had two great players there to push me to do my best.

shot neg for the first time at a hard local course. most fairways are as wide as a two lane road. some even narrower cuz of tree branches. found out i can throw this huge hyzer bomb shot over one narrow gap in the fairway that i wouldnt have ever dreamed of throwing a few years ago

oh yeah and played an easy open course after the hard course, got out driven by a chucker with a nuke os....sloppiest flick that had more S than a snake. i wasnt even mad

I had a pretty bad day with some pretty good shots. I try to focus on the positive. Deuced hole 16 twice in consecutive rounds at the valley with my champ teebird, both times less than 20 feet from the pin which was my answer to my ****ty putting today...if i don't have to putt, can't miss the putt. It is slowly becoming my most used disc since I lost the gstar.

Last edited:
Did field work on Friday and was very pleased with the results. I'm focusing on accuracy and hitting lines as my first tourney approaches. Put my basket out about 320' and in my second "session" of unloading the bag put all three Teebirds within ten feet off the tee.
So then I went and played last night. My backhand was a bit erratic again as I played multiple shots from multiple tees. Frustrating. The positive is that my forehand is getting cleaner again and even though I'm not crushing them out there, they feel very controllable in the 250' range, which will help tremendously in-round.

About 100 holes, and I'm tired....but with rain coming this week, had to do it! Threw ok...newfound distance is showing up on the course, which is nice.

2 long rounds at Stoney hill Saturday. (Did better) Sunday started out bad with doubles round but the singles around started to really hit my rounds. Time to start carrying sunscreen. Man I'm going to feel it in the am!

Very interesting day today. The past few days my fieldwork has been horrid. I was spraying everywhere, tons of OAT, and way less D than normal. I was so frustrated as I felt like after several weeks of progress I had taken a huge step back. Went out for fieldwork this AM and at first it was more of the same. Finally about 30 mins in it clicked and I was back to normal. Whew. After a few mins I quit while I was ahead.

Tonight I went to my local course and I was just ON - especially with my teebird. Absolutely love the disc and I've started using it more holes than before as it is just so consistent. Had my first ever metal hit today. Only 163', but the line I took is very tight with a low ceiling. Shot a beautiful laser with just enough fade at the end to the protected basket and DONG. Just an awesome feeling. 2 other absolutely awesome shots as well on tight tunnels. I ended up beating my personal best by 2 and I birdied 3 holes I've never birdied before.

Great way to end the week.

Played the VBB at Lincoln Park in Port Angelas WA today. This was my first event and i scored 10 points for the two rounds. Not to bad for never playing the course before and my first time playing whole rounds RHBH. I have been using fore hand as a crutch since I started so this was a great. It was cool to out drive my group on multiple holes with a summit and ibex when they were using a lace/unlace.:)

Went canoeing today... threw yesterday and scored 3 over from the shorts @ Oakboro. Parred holes 1 - 9 then bogied 10 and birdied 11. Thought I had a shot at making par or better for the round but it was not to be. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts