• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whew. After a rough day yesterday I got in 4 rounds today and played much better overall. A little rough on putting but the rest of it was pretty good.

Played GCFDA CCS event #5 at Mt Airy Forest PDGA C-tier. Shot 58(956) 61(921), and got my 2nd tournament win. I guess I am moving up to intermediate for next years series, cause if not they will never let me hear the end of it, lol.

Crappy. Sore back = no distance on my drives. Had a pile of almost-in jump putts. I'll find out in a few days whether I got poison ivy, too.

Gonna hafta rest up and play again.

I played cp Adams for the first time. I'd like another crack at it; shot a 61 with some very makeable putts left out there and some fairway confusion. Shot Oakwood again and scored a 49, including a deuce on hole 8. Normally I throw my teebird or tesla up the gut but today I felt ballsy and flipped my pro destroyer. Caught a nice skip at the end and wound up 15' from the basket. Shots like that are what keep me coming back for more. :)

For second time this week hit metal on 5/6 birdie putts and basket on ace run on signature hole over the river. Shot one over and weather was great. Hope everyone else plays well today.

I hit pretty much every tree, took 3 one throw out of bounds penalties, turned over 3 throws so severely off the line in the woods that I was playing through the woods to get to the pin because that was the most direct way to the pin... and still wound up with a 79 which beat two of the guys in the group by one throw and the other guy by 6... ummm... that was neither enjoyable nor fun, not even winning the day was any good... meh.

Set a new personal course best of -2 at Guthrie. Halfway through the round i realized that if i just went for it with a bit of authority instead of putting like a chump I make more birdies.

Played Frank Liske Park today, twice. First time I tied my course record with a 2 over. Then on my next round I blew it out of the water with a new personal course record of -3 under par.

It was some of the best golf I've ever played.

For the lasts week I've been making the rounds around Michigan. Didn't play up to my best, but it could haves been worse. Time to head back to South Carolina. May have played bad but got back to flip for the first time in four years. Still like that course after all these years

Poorly. Shot a 63 and a 59 at Lakewood...with 6 birdies each time. Ouch. Had some really bad shots and missed a couple stupid putts. I need to stop switching putters but I can't decide between wizards and kc aviars. Maybe I will slather some fingernail polish remover on my aviar and see what happens.

Played the two nine holers in Brooklyn Park for the first time. Two rounds each. First rounds in two weeks and managed to only have one bogey in 36 holes. Drives were okay, putting was better than expected, no real rust, so that was cool.
Highlight was being pin high twice on the 400-ish foot downhill shot at central with the Polecat.

Played 54 holes yesterday in Charlotte (Concord, actually) while my family was shopping. Started the day at Bailey Road Park -- new course for me and I had fun, shot +5 for 19 (hole 17 is closed due to construction). GREAT people out at this course.

Then I headed to Bradford for my rematch. This course clobbered me two years ago (+19), so I was hoping for a better result. I ended up +10, but I lost my Inertia on hole 8 (way left -- was trying a high hyzer over the trees and it slipped out of my hand early). Played much better this time, and could tell that the warm up at Bailey helped. Parking was tough because of softball games all over the place, but I got lucky there. Nobody on the course except a guy and his girlfriend who were utilizing #3's tee pad for something other than disc golf ....

Finished up at North Cabarrus. Hadn't planned on playing this one, but I had the time and didn't feel like wandering the mall for a few hours. Played two 9 hole rounds and shot +5 both times - lost my Trak on hole 4 the second time around (stupid griplocked drive). In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have gone for 18 - I was rushing shots and was starting to get a little tired. After I lost the disc, I really stopped caring; I was just really mad at myself for throwing that shot and losing what has become a staple in my bag.

So I didn't shoot very well at all, but I saw some improvement (especially at Bradford). And a bad day on the disc golf course is better than a good day at the mall (even though I ended up getting some really tasty hot sauces there once I got back to the fam).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts