• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played 18 at the two 9 hole courses in Keene today. 6 of us played doubles, and we won at -6. My partner carried us through the front 9(carver) but I played well on the back 9(southwest)

I REALLY have to work on my putting

madison meadows-lombard, IL

all holes counted as par 3s, shot +2 with the discin' down method, all disc used were 7 speed and under, cant wait to see what happens after a month when i have a full bag. Current discs in bag---Star TL, Champ KC Eagle, DX roc, Champ Roc3 (mcbeth), XT aviar, KC pro aviar, Yeti pro Aviar

all holes counted as par 3s, shot +2 with the discin' down method, all disc used were 7 speed and under, cant wait to see what happens after a month when i have a full bag. Current discs in bag---Star TL, Champ KC Eagle, DX roc, Champ Roc3 (mcbeth), XT aviar, KC pro aviar, Yeti pro Aviar

I've done the same thing. I started and think I hurt myself with higher speed discs to start. I carry one Valk(speed 9) and the rest are 7 and under. Game has improved for sure.

My putting woes continued today with 4 putts missed from the 10-15' range in the first 9 holes at our singles league. I had something like 10 consecutive 3's to start the round.

At some point I remembered how to play, and birdied 5 of the last 8 holes to end up at -3 for the day. Probably a 915-ish round.

If I could just get over these short putting yips I would be shooting consistent 950 golf. I just seem to shoot myself in the foot over and over again with my putting.

So, moving from 6000' above sea level to 600' above sea level has had a pretty negative effect on my game. I really need to get out into the field, work on cleaning up my form and learning how my discs fly at lower elevation. I'm sure it's just a matter of adapting. Also, a little field work should help my recent loss of distance on my big drivers.

I got eaten up by Nocky this weekend. Couldn't putt to save my life. Had some amazing drives and upshots but just couldn't putt. We'll see what happens this week if I can get this putting figured out.

Was able to get out and throw nine w my sister in law. She's starting to get better, getting out to over 200 feet on some shots, so that was cool. Me myself I had two drop in birdies and no bogeys, so I can't complain, especially after not playing in about a week or more. Can't wait to get back out to Highbridge Friday.

Typical park league for me last night with even par. Started with a terrible +3 on the first nine and then leveled out with a more respectable -3 on the second 9. Not the worst but finishing that first 9 with a 4, 5, 4 was sour. Think I've got a line on settling my recent putting woes though.

Played at my local course, Torch Lake DGC, this afternoon. I got my best score today! Got four pars on holes four, five, ten, and eleven! The rest were bogeys, and I got two double bogeys on the two longest holes there (holes 16 and 17). Not bad for a beginner! Made a couple 15-20 foot putts, which I was surprised about! I was also pleasantly surprised with my par on hole 4, seeing as though it is one of the longer holes and a bomber down one of the hills. Couldn't be any happier with today's round!

A buddy and I went and played the front 9 at Z-Boaz Park in Fort Worth after work. Once again I drove great with my Thunderbird and TeeBird, but missed 3 puts inside 20 feet for birdies. My driving and approach was great, but this putting thing is getting frustrating!

Had a great round at Bonnie Brook today. Played within my game and mitigated risks (on a course where disc loss and OB is a significant possibility on several holes). Only had two bad shots (both on the same hole and carded a circle 5). Pretty much the only putts I missed were outside the circle looks at birdies, and hit about a 45 footer for a duece.

My son and I came up to a group of five who'd already thrown their tee shots on #17, and offered to let us play through. I thanked them, grabbed my FLX Challenger, stepped up to the tee, and Aced it. :D

Nice to have an audience for that! Plenty of :hfive: :hfive: :hfive: :clap: :thmbup:

You might say it's only 151', but the course designer doesn't just let you run a 150' upshot straight at the chains. It intentionally plays over an 8 ft fence. You pretty much have to take a spike hyzer line up and over to a fairly well-protected green, or finesse a slight annie with a bit of loft to clear the fence and float down into the basket... I took the finesse route.

Played Simsbury DGC yesterday in a rare break from the rain and actually my putting was pretty good! I made one of the best putts I've ever made, in my opinion.

It was hole #3 and I was under a tree for a tough look at a birdie. It was circle's edge and I had three options- a low-ceiling laser beam that was unlikely, a medium-high break through the tree that was my best bet, and a high break that just seemed silly as a huge hyzer bomb putt. I lined up a straddle putt and aimed for the medium break through the branches... to my surprise I hit my mark and my disc just hyzered around perfectly right into the basket. It was beautiful. It made my whole afternoon as I knew it was my best shot. I wish we had gotten it on film.

Finally made my putts as I was doinking them all last time. I feel like I'm getting my putt stroke back. Can't wait until I'm more healed up and am able to rip some drives!

Casual round at Diamond X last night was crazy!

We played the Green layout on the way out. Typically over those 9 holes I can throw 1 or 2 under par. I wound up 3 over par :wall: Pretty effin' lame!

For the back 9 we played black. I shot six under par (personal best!) to finish up -3 for the 18 hole total (tied my personal best for this year).

TL,DR: Bad front 9, slayed the back 9. Walked away happy!

Played pretty poorly last night at Diamond X. Slow start with some gusty winds but no excuses after hole 4. Just played like poo. Mostly bad teeshots which is weird as I've been feeling good about my drives lately. But yeah, easiest of the layouts(Green front, Black back) and a +2 56 is pretty awful:\ Better get that under control before tomorrow's tourney of which the first round with be at the X.

Edit: I was there ^ and it wasn't as fun for me! Nice back 9er Wood! We could all learn a lesson from a round like that.

Lessons Learned:

+ Seriously consider leaving after a horrible front 9, give zero f***s about back 9
+ Putt with Rhyno!

It was just hilarious to hear Noell giving the "See, yer back in it!" speech after you birdied 10, 11, 12. I love irony.

Played Highbridge today. Played a meh round on Blueberry to start. Then met up with Abby and a few other guys who were really good and played Woodland Greens. Finished off the day playing the front 9 of Blueberry again, and threw much better than the first round. Missed acing no.9 again by a few feet. Gah them baskets keep teasing me off the tee!! Didnt keep score all day, it was good to just throw and work on things rather than pressuring myself with scores at HBH. Tough place, but fun!

Played the short loop (holes 1-7, 17, and 18) at Torch Lake DGC today! Got my best score on the nine holes. I ended up getting pars on holes one, five, and seven. The rest were bogeys, and the last two holes were double bogeys. I was off my game with putting today; however, my drives were on point. Great day to be out playing! Hot, but clear skies and sunny.

Status
Not open for further replies.