• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took 4th place MPO at a local C Tier yesterday. First time cashing in pro since making the move up last month. This was my fourth event since the move. Shot a mediocre first round, but pulled it in and shot a -6 987 rated second round to jump to 4th. Frustrating as my first round was great for 16 holes. No bogeys but managed to double the two other holes. Had I par'd them as I should in the first round, I would've been in 2nd place.

I crapped the bed at my most recent tourney and finished dead last with probably one of the worst scores (rec division included).

It was played at one of CT toughest courses (so so many trees and more trees and twisty/windy fairways). I got big headed thinking that only one practice round at the course would suffice and that my recent play (all top 10 and above finishes this year) as an AM2 would be enough for me to do ok. I also was playing too many casual rounds at my local courses without really practicing smart. So a blow up round was bound to happen. Its unfortunate that my blow up round turned into two blow up rounds at my first tourney as an AM1.

It got so bad that my cardmates asked if I was a forehand dominate player because I was always behind trees/bad spots where I'd need a bailout step out sidearm just to get back into the fairway. I hit every tree imaginable off every tee shot then would need to sidearm out of trouble only to get back into trouble again and again. I actually am a backhand dominate player, but my backhand approaches were so bad it looked like I was a sidearm player.

after the tournament I figured out one of the main reasons I did so bad: I didn't have a solid plan off the tee, and I'd just throw my shot hard and hope for the best. So badly executed non planned shots would naturally find trees/bad spots in extremely wooded holes = blow up round(s).

Sooo badly. Entered my first A-Tier in Open(where I have no business playing but like it better anyhow) and shot below my rating all three rounds. 2 rounds just below and one round 20 points lower. Poor putting got me. Gotta practice more. Anybody looking to sponsor somebody to quit working and play low level disc golf?

Played a new course (Hilltop Ski Area), won the weekly sanctioned league event at it the first time throwing the course. It's not like I played well, but I'll take the victory. It was a challenging course to say the least.

Later in the day I played another course (Alcantra), I left disappointed. This particular course got a low rating (0) from me a few years ago, which was not recieved well by the patron saint of the course. I might have been a little too tough with that review, so I wanted to replay the course for a proper review upgrade. To be fair, this time around was better, but it'was still a turd overall. The course will likely get bumped up to a 1 or 1.5 in the near future.

Best round at my home course. Finished -3 due to improved putting and the addition of a true distance driver.

It wasn't today, but the last round I played was great. I ended up -6 on my home course, which was two strokes better than my personal best of -4. The key to my success? Sticking to Rocs/Wizards for most of my shots and keeping it simple.

Did alright. I wanted to go to AJ Jolly but it was taken over by cross country. Went to Alexandria park instead which I feared was still overgrown and it was. Spent half the time looking for my discs even though I used throw aways. I just don't like to leave plastic out there. I found a nice disc with a number. Got to give the guy a text at lunch. Hole4 was a blow up but did well other than that.

(Yesterday) I tied my personal best at my home course while the Scottish National Rugby team looked on trying to figure out what on earth I was doing.

+4, which should have been +2, and could have been -1 or -2. I griplocked the heck out of a drive that cost me two strokes, and hit the band on three longer throw ins. Overall, it was a great round, because I got to spend it with my brother, who I hadn't played with in many months.

Meh, -2 for 18 holes at the local park leagues. Better than average but the only birds I can get right now are drop ins. Literally didn't hit a putt outside of 17ish ft. I need to figure my life out, putting has been indescribably poor for about 2 weeks.

Had a great round when I got off work this afternoon. We are finally getting some relief from the 90+ degree weather we have had all summer so I stopped at Mint Hill Park on my way home from work which has a 2586 ft/36, 9 hole course. Whoever laid out this course did a nice job using the available terrain. Hills (up and down), trees one hole that finishes right and a couple of blind holes keep it fun. Hole lengths from the long tees range from 150' to 476' with most in the upper 200 ft and lower 300 ft range so hitting your slots factors more than big D.

I threw 1 Eagle, 4 birdies, 3 pars and 1 bogie (had a putt denied by the DISCatcher chastity belt on hole #8) to finish -5.

Finally birdied #4 at Brighton DGC.
435ft, slightly uphill, with a tree in front of the tee pad forcing a hyzer line.

Basket is in line with the right side of the building. Crush (for me) with a Torrent.

b136eaf2.jpg

Went 2 under at Whitecap. Birdies on 1 and 9, pars otherwise. Missed a great birdie opp, on no. 5 you shoot up to a basket about 20 feet up on the edge of a cliff, so you really have to aim high. Hyzered a Force in nicely, about 12 ft short of the basket, and put her right on the cliff, just under a pine tree. Had to use a straddle, but I still shouldve made it. Was a great drive though.

Decent round at one under at my home course. But lost my freakin' Force.... shot was a little too far right and went into some long grass.... saw EXACTLY where it went in, and never found it. How the heck does that happen??? Off to Dunhams to try and replace it, going to Highbridge tomorrow.

Finished with a -1 in random doubles tonight. My partner is fairly new, and this was the first full round I've played in a few years. So I'll take it. Unfortunately I'm hooked on the sport again.

Went to Brockway in Rosemount MN for a quick 18 after work. Playing blue tees then red. Drives were off and trying to learn a more consistent putting style (less movement in the arm and less angles), so had to scramble for pars. Still got a few good birdies to make the round look better than it really was. From the red tees (shorter tees) I got some very lucky kicks off trees toward the baskets which made for easy birdies. Could have been a disaster. Hopefully I can take this luck into a league run tournament this weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.