• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, Idlewild is down to 3rd

Top ten reasons to rate courses low

• Total voters
A one star rating means the course is devoid of any type of quality. While I haven't personally played idlewild, I think the rating speaks for itself. A 3 star rating I migh be able to understand, but one? Really?? Are you that bad at discgolf that you don't find pleasure in more difficult courses? Thats pretty sad. Congrats on ur hundred courses in 14 states, but maybe you should just find a field close to home and get better before trying to tackle elite level courses.

I respect your right to vote whatever rating you want, but do you honestly think Volunteer Park's 6 hole course deserves a better rating than Idlewild? http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=1128

Good point, volunteer park is one of the worst courses I've ever played, it's a wide open grassy field with a few 100-200' holes laid out around a skate park, no redeeming values at all. Hard to imagine having more fun in an open field than on a real course, no matter how hard that course is and how little you enjoy the challenge.

I think having a list of metrics/rubric to base your reviews (and ratings) on. It helps a ton to have consistency in your ratings& reviews across all the courses you have played and to even rank them in a meaningful order. IMO, all reviewers should have a list of the things they base their ratings/reviews on in their profile.

Regarding this list as it pertains to ratings (I realize you said reviews):

2. Litter & Upkeep is very important if you want to have a nice course. Locals may know if that is a consistent problem. My issue with making that a big part of the course rating is that someone could come along tomorrow and clean it all up.

4. When playing a round at a course you interact if at all, it is with the 1 group in front of you and the one group behind you. It is totally up to chance if you get stuck between jerks or cool cats. This has nothing to do with the course and does not go a long way towards a review!

5. Signs and ease of navigation are very nice to have......and especially nice to newcomers to the course (and to the game). BUT.....since maybe only 5% of the rounds at a given course are played by those people, they are not really that important on the grand scheme of things. That is good info to put in a review, but should not factor into the rating.

These are not the only metrics that I use when rating a course, however, they seem pretty static.
When I play a course, I tend to play it several times in a week, I base my opinions of all the locals I meet, not just the ones in between me.
I still think sinage (more so then ease of nav) is very important, I like to know distances to pin even on my home course.

I'm fine with all comments regarding my low rating of Idlewild. Discussion is good and everyone is entitled to their opinion. I have played about 100 courses in 14 states. I know nobody associated with Idlewild. My review was based on the fact that I did'nt enjoy the course. I don't really care where it's rated...I just know that it's not even in my top 20.

Although "Fun Factor" comes into account on my reviews, it is not the end all be all of one of my reviews, in fact, it is a small portion of the rating, as you can see by my previous posts there are several factors that go into a course, and I think you are far off with your 1 rating, even though I have not played it.

Just having concrete tees and good discatchers pushes a course over 2.0 alone if you ask me.

an example of a .5 or 1 course would be

homade baskets
overgrowth in fairways
no signs
baskets missing
dirt tees rutted
big piles of dookie in fairway
etc
etc
I dont think Idlewild has any of these.

Reminds me of this sign out in the middle of nowhere Utah:

Attachments

• DSCN0630.jpg
    DSCN0630.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 47
Uh oh, pauly's friend has chimed in now with his own 1 disc review, though at least this one has a little more substance (though the main gripe is still that it's too tough).

Uh oh, pauly's friend has chimed in now with his own 1 disc review, though at least this one has a little more substance (though the main gripe is still that it's too tough).

Oh geez, gimme a break :rolleyes:

It does appear to be partisan Flip City vs. Idlewild bull**** at this point.:\

And it's a little sketchy to say that the course doesn't deserve that low rating but that you're giving it anyway just to try to knock it out of the top 10...

"Ahh man, that course was hard. There were tree's and stuff. Totally not top ten man. totally. :doh:

633813546896014345-DOUCHEBAG.jpg

I have not commitment to idlewild, I have never played the course, but I love this site for the good tracking of courses to play in the future.
D-bags that cant get it around a tree 45 yards in front of them do not deserve to have the ability to review. I suck, but I HIGHLY doubt I would triple every hole at Idle

Shame on these puss infected cum twinkies writing reviews on because they cant hit the basket from 3 ft out.

And it's a little sketchy to say that the course doesn't deserve that low rating but that you're giving it anyway just to try to knock it out of the top 10...

A "little?" :doh:

LET'S BE REAL PEABODY

It's obvious that the course is well above a 1 rating. On the other hand, it's obvious that it's overrated on the list when it's at #3 in the country. So maybe the one star is justified to bring it down to reality.

Because let's be real, the reason it's probably even listed at the top of the list is because homers like peabody and his Kentucky buddies are all trying to push it to the top by creating several DGCR accounts and giving it a 5 rating. Otherwise, would he even care that it moved down to #3? Sounds like someone who has put extra effort in trying to push it to the top. Because I mean, how many disc golfers are there in Kentucky?? LOL jk

Oregon gets a HUGE and dedicated disc golf following, I think, and you don't see their courses with 70+ reviews. A Kentucky course has twice as many reviews as one of the top Oregon courses???

Is Kentucky a tourist destination? I'd like to know how many out of towners are included in the review of this course. So I actually put more credit into reviews that are done by people who are from out of town because there's less bias. And it eliminates the Peabody factor.

Just a thought...

I respect your right to vote whatever rating you want, but do you honestly think Volunteer Park's 6 hole course deserves a better rating than Idlewild? http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=1128

Good point. LOL Makes his review even less legit. The number of courses that you have played has absolutely nothing to do with the content or lack there of in your review. Hitmetal in his review says that it prob doesn't deserve a 1 but it needs to be out of the top 10. Since you guys travel together do you expect us to believe that you both experienced the same level of enjoyment, a 1. Or we will never know your true rating because the main thing is to get it out of the top 10. I don't care about any of them. Just come on out and admit your real motivation. Maybe you 2 guys can make a list of all of the 1 disc courses that you have played and make a top 10 out them.:D

I have not commitment to idlewild, I have never played the course, but I love this site for the good tracking of courses to play in the future.
D-bags that cant get it around a tree 45 yards in front of them do not deserve to have the ability to review. I suck, but I HIGHLY doubt I would triple every hole at Idle

Shame on these puss infected cum twinkies writing reviews on because they cant hit the basket from 3 ft out.

:hfive::clap::D I guess mrstiggy has no future plans of being a moderator.

Latest posts