• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So when is it bad form?

How many self "bumps" is to many in the Market Place?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think some light subforum'ing of the marketplace would help. Bags, gear, discs... There are some people who search for what they need and others are just bump browsing. A bit of separation of goods would help make bumping less of a factor.

I think some light subforum'ing of the marketplace would help. Bags, gear, discs... There are some people who search for what they need and others are just bump browsing. A bit of separation of goods would help make bumping less of a factor.

You said exactly what I was thinking.

It might even be a decent idea to subforum brands and whatnot. I know you probably can't move current threads over to it, but it would be cool to go to a specific brand where people only sell and trade those discs.

Then again, I go to specific brand auction pages so I just see what I'm interested in. Facebook has DGCR beat on that note, I think. Auctions are easy on Facebook and reach a lot more people. I'm not knocking the forums and community knowledge here, but for ease of selling and purchasing, I find Facebook to be a little better.

Remember when the marketplace had a full page of stickied sales threads? That was awesome.

... not

ahhh those were the days.

recently the only discs i was able to move recently was my $6 and under thread

It's nearly impossible to move anything in here anymore, unless you undervalue it by at least 25%. Buyers in here really suck, for the most part.

FB is definitely the way to go...at least if you want to get close to actual value. WAYYYY more real buyers there than here.

It's nearly impossible to move anything in here anymore, unless you undervalue it by at least 25%. Buyers in here really suck, for the most part.

FB is definitely the way to go...at least if you want to get close to actual value. WAYYYY more real buyers there than here.

Yeah, hate to say but I posted another thread here recently with no bites. Someone sent me a PM suggesting I post them on a Facebook group page. I did and they were sold within 24 hours at my asking prices.

I think the disc golf market in general is going through a lot of changes right now. So many different companies are coming out with discs and limited runs are becoming a lot more common as well (irony).

Currently there is an issue with the distinction between rare and valuable. For example, it's insane that people are selling outlaws for $25+ right now. Absolutely insane. Then again, innovaproshop keeps releasing discs at $20+ and they usually sell out almost immediately...

Who knows. I think during the process of having the market grow and the player base grow the disc buying/selling market isn't going to be stable or even predictable.

Unless you have rare OOP or collectible stuff I think that it is more productive to set up shop at a DG course on a weekend to sell your unwanted throwers or bags than to try to sell online. The retail marked is very competitive with many larger retailers offering free shipping and frequent buyer rewards. Why would I pay the same money (or more after shipping costs) to a stranger for used discs or bags sight unseen when I can get brand new warrantied merchandise from a reputable dealer?

Last edited:

I absolutely agree with this. I for one don't generally waist a lot of my time doing random window shopping when I could be playing DG or doing something more productive. When I shop I usually have something specific in mind that I want and want to be able to locate it quickly. Good tittles on posts help but subforums would help even more.

I'll give you an example. When I was looking for a bag and starter discs for my teen daughter I found a post with the tittle "Bag and 150 class discs" or something to that effect on the Market Place Forum. Soon as I say it I thought BINGO! So good descriptive tittles help. If I see a post with the tittle "throwers" or "lotsa discs" I'm moving on without opening it because I know it will probably be a waist of my time.

Unless you have rare OOP or collectible stuff I think that it is more productive to set up shop at a DG course on a weekend to sell your unwanted throwers or bags than to try to sell online. The retail marked is very competitive with many larger retailers offering free shipping and frequent buyer rewards. Why would I pay the same money (or more after shipping costs) to a stranger for used discs or bags sight unseen when I can get brand new warrantied merchandise from a reputable dealer?

Yeah, stuff i'd normaly sell on here for $12 I sell at club weeklies for $8, essentially writing off the cost/hastle of packaging and shipping (which keeps getting more expensive).

Yeah, stuff i'd normaly sell on here for $12 I sell at club weeklies for $8, essentially writing off the cost/hastle of packaging and shipping (which keeps getting more expensive).

running to the post office its self is just a pain in the ass. especially in these winters here in mn. uhhh. i only like going if i traded/sold off a bunch of stuff and can do it all in one trip

Yeah, but selling discs on here means I have Paypal money and the wife can't complain about me spending "real" money on discs and what not.

Selling on facebook sure must be nice... anybody got any tips on which groups to join or how to actually get into them? I ask because I've applied to be in the DG Collector's Exchange like 4 times and have yet to get any response or acceptance. I guess they think I gots the ebola. :gross:

Selling on facebook sure must be nice... anybody got any tips on which groups to join or how to actually get into them? I ask because I've applied to be in the DG Collector's Exchange like 4 times and have yet to get any response or acceptance. I guess they think I gots the ebola. :gross:

INNOVA ONLY COLLECTOR GROUP

Dollar Disc Golf Auctions

Disc Golf Thrower Exchange

DISC GOLF STUFF FOR SALE AND TRADE

Disc Golf Raffles

INNOVA RC3 ROC ONLY COLLECTORS GROUP

Disc Golf Trade and Sell

Fixed Price Disc Golf Listings

There are very specific groups on Facebook too, like the Buzzz collectors group, which is usually pretty active. No auctions there, but you can buy and sell. I still like using ebay for the bulk of my disc sales though.

Latest posts