• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

solo round scores?

Yes I always keep score. Why in the world would I play cali by myself?

Always keep score for myself too.

i never go solo
i always keep score, my friends usually do too.
We used to play 2 mulligans, but now we play 2 that can be used only if hit a tree like 25>

Yup, keep score when playing solo.

I give myself some leniency when playing solo. Call it cali/mullingan/learning opportunity whatever. Usually if I hit a tree 15 feet out or really shank a drive into a spot where it will take me 3 throws to get back to the fairway. Playing solo for me is just about having fun and getting some time alone.

With another person though, it's every shot counts.

I rarely keep score. I usually start off well, keep score for awhile until I hit the bogey then I just kind of give up on the score thing.

I always keep score on my rounds. I like to have some sort of barometer that shows my improvement. As for mulligans, I give myself one per round. The mulligans I take always involve my disc hitting a tree that had no business being in the flight path.

Cali/Mulligan/Awe Crap/HMMM, no one is looking....all the same meaning...For me...Score the score...that is the ONLY way you can have meaningful data on your rounds, but I am prepping for tournament play like to know I can nail shots under a little pressure.

I am not a gemme guy...sorry....

I always keep a score, but sometimes I'll throw multiple discs just so I can get the feel for them. When I do that, I usually lose track of my score, so I just say F it, and keep on.

how many people keep score when you're play a round by yourself? and do you play cali when by yourself?

I generally just keep a count of my score, not each hole separately. But I would if I wasn't so lazy :)

If they made a sweet BlackBerry app like they do for iPhone I would use that.

\/\/

I always keep my score on a card, when I'm alone or not.. I've tried to keep it in my head, but anything will throw me off track. Plus, I love using the advanced scorebook provided by DGCR. I'm glad I found this site at the beginning of my DG experience...so most of my rounds that I've played are recorded(whenever I didn't lose the card) on DGCR and it's so easy to see where I'm improving, where I need to improve, what holes I'm great on and which one's need big improvement. Its also really nice knowing which holes I have(n't) birdied(or parred for that matter).

If I'm recording a round for score, I don't ever use mulligans. There is a difference between throwing practice and throwing a practice round.

I could go either way. Sometimes I take it serious and see how well I can shoot. Other times I go out just to work on a part of my game. Today I went to my local course and pretty much worked on my thumber with a few different discs. I just wanted to know how they all reacted when thrown as a thumber. And I actually learned something in the process.

i haven't been keeping score for a while but I'm going to start again. I've been throwing too many doubles and triples. I usually play the worst shot but I think doing this has weakened my game. From the next time on, 18 holes, 54 throws and no more.:D

I PLAY WITH A GROUP OF GUYS THAT WILL ALLOW A MULLIGAN PER NINE HOLES. IF ONE USESES IT WE ALL HAVE A OPPORTUNITY TO USE IT ,BUT IF YOU DONT YOU LOOSE IT AT THE END OF NINE. BEING A BEGINNER IT IS SOMETIMES HELPFUL. THAT SECOND THROW SEEMS TO ALWAYS BE BETTER. ALTHOUGH AS I GET BETTER I FORSEE NOT USEING IT AT ALL.

I usually keep score (used to record them religiously....not any more). If playing by myself, I take 2 drives (for more practice and fun), but play from the first one thrown no matter what.

I play like 90 percent of the time solo and yes i keep my score every time. no i never go cali or cheat. I mean there is times that is sucks when i miss that short and easy putt but i need to play the way i would if i was playing someone else. sometimes i will throw 2 or 3 drives but i always take the first drive no matter how bad it is.

I always keep my score on a card, when I'm alone or not.. I've tried to keep it in my head, but anything will throw me off track. Plus, I love using the advanced scorebook provided by DGCR. I'm glad I found this site at the beginning of my DG experience...so most of my rounds that I've played are recorded(whenever I didn't lose the card) on DGCR and it's so easy to see where I'm improving, where I need to improve, what holes I'm great on and which one's need big improvement. Its also really nice knowing which holes I have(n't) birdied(or parred for that matter).

If I'm recording a round for score, I don't ever use mulligans. There is a difference between throwing practice and throwing a practice round.

I always keeps score, if I throw more than one disc I only play play off first one. No mulligans

Latest posts