• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Spike

Pymm

* Ace Member *
So, I threw my new putter, a Spike, last night for the first time. Drained everything, including a couple 35-40 footers; one to save par and one for a birdie. I liked the Judge that I have always used but wanted to try something less glidey and domey and deep. The Spike is it; beadless, shallow and flat. I was throwing straight flat shots in the chains all night. It's pretty fast too; I used it for a couple of upshots and overthrew the basket by a little. I even like the grip pads, which I thought would be weird but actually felt great. I never see it in anyone's bag and I think it is an older mold but I am totally loving it.

I used to throw Spikes quite a bit. Loved it for turnover shots. But they discontinued my favorite plastic, Grip Line, so the few I have left basically sit in the closet for fear of losing them. I think it's a very underrated disc but I never putted with them, great throwers

I use it for longer upshots and love how it goes nice and straight and lands softly
Don't really like it for putting although I haven't tried it for outside the circle putts - I may have to after reading the OP

It's going to be in my bag indefinitely

I tried one a few years ago and initially really liked it. Tried to buy another one and the supply seemed to had dried up, couldn't find any online at that time, so I moved on.

Ended up not really fitting my style anyway, seems more of a tweener disc to me, the glide was more than the numbers suggested but it does have a nice feel to it.

My locals use either mercy dagger or spike. I would say i see most people with soft spikes. I recently switched to a medium spike from k3 reko. Its faster and more forgiving as a putter for me.

I'll jump putt with the Spike for long distances (over 50' or so) but never really liked it much in the circle. It has some turn out of the hand on in the circle putts that I personally don't want. It's a awesome throwing putter though. It is understable enough to be useful for turnovers, hyzer flips and even hyzer flip to turnover shots. Profile feels good. It's great in the woods.

I'll jump putt with the Spike for long distances (over 50' or so) but never really liked it much in the circle. It has some turn out of the hand on in the circle putts that I personally don't want. It's a awesome throwing putter though. It is understable enough to be useful for turnovers, hyzer flips and even hyzer flip to turnover shots. Profile feels good. It's great in the woods.

Yes to all of this. I could've written the exact same thing on my thoughts on the Spike

Latest posts