• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Spin putter with big hands

i_spock

I've been putting with PA-1's for the 2015 season. Local pro shop suggested Daggers due to my large hands and I absolutely love the feel and the grip of the zero mediums. I know the deep rims are supposed to be designed more for pitch/push putting but I've taken to spin putting the last few months. I prefer beaded, more grippy, and don't like hard putters.

Since I'm in a transition phase here I wanted to solicit some advice before buying a stack of Daggers and committing. Should I keep using zero medium Daggers? Anything else I might wanna check out? I've fondled Wizards and I have a few prime Judges and I still prefer Daggers to them. What is good for a big-handed spin putter?

Small/average hands here but that doesn't matter. Putters are the most personal mold in ones bag so if you like the Dagger then use the Dagger. Something about rose colored glasses or green grass or something? Everyone will yell their favorite few discs but why not just use your favorite one disc you already have;)

I don't have big hands but I love the deepest dish putters with beads, I also putt with more spin. I bag kc aviars, which are deeper than wizards. Lots of wizards are flat and have a tight shoulder rather than a big and rounded shoulder like the big bead aviar. If you are really just wanting to try other deep putters, check out a titanic as well from DGA in pro d. Pro d is somewhere between zero hard and zero medium, closer to zero hard. You can get a premium plastic one as well.

Overall, just putt with what makes into the basket the most.

I wouldn't commit to a stack of any putters until I tried a putter for awhile. I've tried lots of putters and everyone seemed like "The one" for a few days, and then it wasn't. It took me 3 years before I gave up the search and settled on Yeti's.

Hand size and depth I don't think really matter, it's more how you putt, grip and how they feel that matters in the end. I spin putt with both Yeti's and Rhyno's when the wind is up. Both feel different but both work for me.

As Matty-O once told me, spin to win!

I'm 6'4" with big hands and long arms and love how the Dagger fills my hand and glides while still being a stable putter similar in stability to the PA-1s you've been using. I tried the Whale and KC Aviar and they just don't stay in the air as long Daggers. Stick with Mediums if that's what feels right to you and buy a few of the same color and run if possible.

Anyway, here's the Dagger link: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104344