• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Spoiled by domey (pop top) Katanas, cause now they are gone... :(

Terry 44

Birdie Member
So I fell in love with Katanas; they are a booming long range gliding disc that makes this sport wonderful. The dome makes it glide forever and keeps this sucker fading back through a big S turn at medium height (in my experience). :thmbup:

So here's the problem.....The new Katana runs are all flat or mostly flat. Does this news make anyone else sad?:(

Don't get me wrong flat in fairways is nice, but am I the only one who is not on the flat is best bandwagon? And why did Innova change this beauty and make me scamper around all weekend looking for the last couple of domey Katanas?:mad:

I adjust dome on my discs sometimes, put disc upside down on a pot of boiling water just big enough so the disc rests on top, not inside!!! Heats it up and expands, now you have to get it to cool just right. It's tricky but doable. Caution you can wreck discs if you are not careful. Experiment. Take it slow at first.

Found one in a tree last weekend and gave it to my friend who throws em (no ink). Try a heavier blizzard theyre plenty domey

My friend has a pretty new Star Katana with a MASSIVE dome. If you give Innova some time, I'm sure they'll make some more pop top runs.

Thanks Hlasianguy06! I PM'd you.....

I tried to do the boiling water with a prodigy D4 that was clovered but it did not work. I did get some Roc3's to be a little flatter but it was a small change. The new Katana's are flat, I don't think there is enough plastic to get them domey to the point I like. :mad:

I can try..... but I hate throwing away $$$ on the slight chance I get it right. :(

I've got a 170g yellow star katana with a huge dome. Bought it off dgu 6 months ago.

Innova is pretty inconsistent, im sure they will make some domey runs soon.

I can vouch that the new metal flakes are domey and go far as sh*t. I lost one when I really got a hold of it in a field near a dam. Look for a lighter weight if you like em less stable--brand new max weights are stable for a katana, but they still bomb and glide like hell.

Keep your eye open for CFR tourney stamp runs (especially glow), they tend to be stiff and domey.

I'm with you. I love domey and stiff katana's but won't touch flat ones because they're too squirrelly when thrown with any power.

Latest posts