• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Stable midrange between an Envy and a Teebird

Lots of good suggestions here. But if you like the feel of your R3, try a Rancho Roc. KC is great place to start. Sentinels are a rabbit hole - be careful.

Verdict. Faster than a Roc, much more HSS, more fade, but they glide out there and have a reasonable fade that is still useful. The Roc can go further because it has less fade so a good thrower can get them out there on high straight shots, but the Verdict is so reliable yet not dumpy or short by any means.

I think a tensor might do you well. Basically a longer envy IMO. Not by much though. The envy crushes.

+1 on this. Everyone keeps asking the bros for an OS version of the Envy. It's called a Tensor. Similar feel, just a slightly more aggressive wing, and flies like a beefy Envy.

I think a DGA Aftershock might be what you're after. It's a lot like a Roc, but they don't flip at all; a reliable, but not dumpy fade. It's also a little faster than a Roc.

Another vote for the verdict
Nothing else OS feels as good and releases as clean backhand AND forehand. So predictable and range-able on straight-to-fade and tight low flex shots.

I *finally* managed to get out to my disc shop and picked up a Verdict. It's a 171g Lucid one, it looks great. I love the way it feels in the hand as well, it's shallow and the tiny bead is not noticable. It's very comfortable in my (small) hands. But I'm most impressed with the way it flies. It has very good high speed stability for my noodle arm, I saw no turn at all when I field tested it. It has a healthy fade, but it's not the dumpy kind of fade like for example a Firebird. I'm bagging a Spark and it's flight numbers are supposed to be 7 4 0 3, the Verdict is 5 4 0 3.5. The Spark is WAY more OS. The Spark starts fading immediately after leaving the hand, and it just continues to bank over until it's vertical and it's falling out of the sky like a brick. The Verdict goes straight after leaving the hand and once it starts slowing down the fade kicks in. It has a healthy fade, but it doesn't continue banking rapidly like the Spark, instead it kind of locks on to the bank angle and holds it, making it glide on the fade. It's AWESOME! It immediately kicked the Roc3 out of my bag. Freaking awesome disc

From what you describe a stable Mace would be my first thought.

Second thought would be the Verdict.

I agree with you about the spark its numbers aren't correct. It has a fade of like 4. At least.

No glide either. I'm thinking like 6 2 0 4 for the spark.

Glad you like the verdict. Especially like the verdict when its windy out.