• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Star Mako, Star Sanny, Star Dart, Pro Boss

keltik1

* Ace Member *
http://www.innovadiscs.com/index.html

Right on the front page just in time for the USDGC, what do y'all think about these new offerings?

Star Mako: 4,5,0,0
Star Sanny: oh you know
Star Dart
Pro Boss: Not R-Pro but normal Pro

ill try the mako, never tossed. the boss will prolly enter the bag

I will try the mako being the disc whore I am. But the pro boss is, well, a boss. Therefore I do not have the arm for it.

Im excited about the Star Roc myself. I always liked the grip and have a few but never threw them because I was afraid to lose them. Not anymore! :D

Star Mako could be intended as an alternative to the buzzz? I know a lot of newbs will throw this, and depending on how it flies it might be worth recommending to starting players.

Star Sannys probably won't make my bag. If they were star ranchos I'd pick one up.

Pro Boss looks cool. I think a *lot* of players will be throwing this one.

Hehe... some jokers in the web dept..
Pro Boss: Got an unreachable hole? Well, maybe not anymore.

I'll check out the Dart... I like em for chunkin. After seeing some new Star Stingrays (including Eco*) today, I'll be more interested to try a Mako. :lol:

Now im confused, id try the pro boss if they offer in heavier weights, not like they did with the r-pro. It says at the top of the boss page;
Classification: Distance Driver
Diameter: 21.2cm
Weight Range: 165 to 175 grams

then at the bottom;

Pro - 135 to 164 grams
R-Pro - 135 to 164 grams
Champion - 172 to 175 grams
Star - 167 to 175 grams

wtf?

Swifty said:
Now im confused, id try the pro boss if they offer in heavier weights, not like they did with the r-pro. It says at the top of the boss page;

then at the bottom;

Pro - 135 to 164 grams
R-Pro - 135 to 164 grams
Star - 167 to 175 grams

wtf?

That's got to be a mistake. Its too hard to believe because pro and R-pro are completely different plastics to have the exact same weight range. I'm calling typo due to USDGCitis. I can't wait to try these...I love the way domey Bosses fly, but the Star and Champs are very overstable and take forever to beat in. I will definitely be putting one in my bag.

Swifty said:

then at the bottom;

Pro - 135 to 164 grams
R-Pro - 135 to 164 grams
Star - 167 to 175 grams

wtf?

Obviously an editing error. They meant 165-175 for Pro, 135-164 for R-Pro etc...

I'll get a light pro Boss for sure if the Force I've got on the way doesn't pay my bills etc. Because my arm has tremendous variations in power generating ability from one day to the next and often I need the help of light R-Pro Bosses that give me more D at the expense of having to worry about the when to use them and replacing them far too often.

Does anyone know how the regular Pro flies vs R-Pro, Champ and Star of the same weight?

How does the Mako fly compared to the Star Sanny, Buzzzish, Skeeterish, Kitish or Sharkish? Or something new? How long and resistant to flipping with how much fade it has compared to the others. Wind tolerance?

I can't wait to get my hands on some Pro Bosses. "All the stability of a Star Boss with more glide & delayed fade" = Gimme ten of them, please :D

Middies in Star plastic=fail.

I have yet to throw a Boss that isn't an overly overstable Star so I may give it a whirl.

Damn it. I wish Innova wouldn't have posted this, I was just about to put my Vibram Pro-Boss on ebay.

Latest posts