• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Steady Ed Original Designs

OK, but where can I just get a list of all of his designed courses? Just a straight-up list?

Eric Vandenberg has been working on identifying as many of the extinct courses as possible. He has copies of nearly all of the early editions of the (pre-electronic) course directory, including my original 1985 edition. There are hundreds of extinct courses.

Confirmed that Tourist in Cedar Falls IA has had only 2 holes changed and 1 slightly tweaked since the original Steady Ed design. And lost a lot of trees.

Probably a little out of range- but Reedy Creek in Charlotte- oldest course around here, 1989- no designer listed- might that be one?

Alan Beaver might have done the original Reedy and even Stan might have been involved.

I always assumed he did Bull Run-old layout-RIP in VA,but no designer is listed.

What courses did he originally design in MN?
I don't know of any currently in the ground. He was pitching pay-for-play to Minneapolis Park Dept. around 1978-80ish from what I understand. They tried a few courses but it didn't work out so they were pulled. He definitely advised on a few including the one I put in at North Valley in 1989 which has been redesigned 7-8 times since then.

Last edited:
i think that is correct- also bayville in va- i did not list them as they have been redone.
Thanks. I'm trying to find out two things;
1) Courses that he designed that are close to being intact
2)All the courses that he designed originally even if they have been re-done.