• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Stolen CONE basket

Has anyone contacted the officials that are over the old Lone Lake Cone Course? That was my favorite cone course in the twin cities until it was pulled a couple of years ago. If the park and rec kept those baskets, they might sell them.

Lone lake has been pulled for over 8 years. Wasn't cones before it was pulled. Does anyone recall seeing cones out there?

I have not had the chance to play lone lake sadly but had previously heard of it being cones. Maybe ask Juju, he may know?

That criminal did you a favor, now the course can get some less ugly goals.

Actually this is the wrong thought process, citys generally just pull the course vs put new pins in. For this to happen to a 35 year old historic course is not good. For those of you who have never seen the game played on cones here we go and ironically it is on the cone that was stolen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KP0e6EuTYWQ

Last edited:
Actually this is the wrong thought process, citys generally just pull the course vs put new pins in. For this to happen to a 35 year old historic course is not good. For those of you who have never seen the game played on cones here we go and ironically it is on the cone that was stolen.

The guys in the video I believe are Jumpin' Joe, Lightnin' Lyle and Chris Bangsted. All should be in he Minnesota Disc Sports Hall of Fame if they're not already.

If you can't find a replacement, you could always go with bullseye's to keep the putting difficult...without spending crazy money for a custom build. Just a thought.

That looks impossible to putt on....and this is coming from a guy who thought the "chastity belt' on the innova baskets was impossible enough...

"Saucer golf"? I'm using that from now on! :thmbup:

bumping this thread. anyone seen any cone baskets for sale on auction sites? keep a lookout...thanks!

Stolen Basket has been replaced

The stolen saucer basket on hole #5 has been replaced. Not sure if the city of Bloomington or a local disc golf organization built the replacement. But great job - looks and catches like the others. Hope the find the knuckleheads that stole the old one - we should tie them to the new basket and have an "Ace Run" for an afternoon. Would definitely teach them a lesson....

Attachments

• 0707030745.jpg
    0707030745.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 94
The stolen saucer basket on hole #5 has been replaced. Not sure if the city of Bloomington or a local disc golf organization built the replacement. But great job - looks and catches like the others. Hope the find the knuckleheads that stole the old one - we should tie them to the new basket and have an "Ace Run" for an afternoon. Would definitely teach them a lesson....

Is that a metal cone?

A few summers ago I bought a cone from Bill Ashton. It was previously used at the Buck Hill course, made it's way up to St. Cloud (Riverside) before chain baskets were put in. I think it went to Bill then, and I bought it from him. I'm still working on getting a basket bottom for it.

The pick looks like the same cone top that I have, just curious if it could be my cone's brother.

^^^Cone brother from another mother? :D

Here's to the new cone basket! :thmbup: :clap:

Is that a metal cone?

No - it's a thick outdoor plastic. Has a different tone when you hit it, but it still catches this disc in the sam manner as a metal cone. I have seen these plastic cones before in Owatanna at the RV Park.

1064177_10200825553815502_1184210118_o.jpg

Wow, second one of those style Ive seen in a pic this week...anyone care to have a guess where this bad boy was snapped last week (not me in pic, nother Aussie)

Latest posts