• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Baskets stolen, Black Mouse DGC in Felton, CA

I've heard stories about things like this happening and the theves selling the baskets for scrap metal, so you might try checking with local places that take scrap metal.

That sucks, but usually baskets are stolen by random tweekers for scrap. So it's hard to really find any info on who may have stolen the baskets.
I hear this theory all the time in regards to stolen pole holes, but don't really buy it in most instances. The galvanized steel that baskets are made of isn't all that valuable as scrap. They are worth far more as black market baskets.

Anyways, thieves suck, and I'm glad that one of the buckets has been recovered. Hopefully, that will give some clue into where the other one wandered off.

They only took one?

And then another basket just happens to disapper the same weekend?

hmmmmm

Yeah, not really sure how this works either, but I'm not going to cry about one coming back. It helps that the baskets belong to the school, so the police are taking it seriously.

Black Mouse was one of my favorites in the area, that's a course I could enjoy playing every day.

Seems like it would be a difficult course to steal from, is there somewhere they could drive up to the course? Or did they jack them and carry them across the athletic field?

Glad to hear one was found, hopefully it leads to the other.

Black Mouse was one of my favorites in the area, that's a course I could enjoy playing every day.

Seems like it would be a difficult course to steal from, is there somewhere they could drive up to the course? Or did they jack them and carry them across the athletic field?

Glad to hear one was found, hopefully it leads to the other.

I know, right?
They took what are now 2 and 18, which sit about 30 ft from each other. Unless they drove up the access road for the school, I'm guessing they hoofed it out.