• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Strangest Place You Ever Found A Disc

Found a green CE Firebird in a park in AZ that didnt even have a DG course. The closest one was a few miles north.

I was at the park doing driving practice, and when i go to pick up my discs theres this strange Firebird, almost the color of the grass, just laying there. I looked around, and nobody else was throwing discs anywhere. The number didnt work, so i got a new disc. Very strange

I just happened to live across the street from the park, and was too lazy to drive all the way to the course. The open area I was using for driving practice wasnt really quite big enough for optimal driving either, and bordered on two sides by major roads.

bought a used car once and there was one underneath the seat...at the time i wasnt into disc golf too much so i gave it to a friend...if i remember correctly is was an eagle

Texconsinite I have a similar story.

Once when I was doing some field practice in a random park I threw a disc that turned over really badly and ended up somewhere on a blind steep hillside completely covered in Kudzu. While I never found my disc I did find an unmarked JLS. I absolutely love that thing, it is one of the best discs(3 of my 10 aces) in my bag and has totally made me forget what it was that I lost on that hill.

The strange thing is that the random field I was throwing in was roughly 15 miles from the nearest course at the time. Additionally I have never seen anyone out there throwing other than myself.

Sounds like a very forgetful person was playing ahead of you. The would be something to get to hole 18 and your bag is empty and you don't know what happened.

ROFL.hahahahaaha. Or you get to 18 and notice you are not even holding a bag anymore.:eek: and your sox are missing, but your shoes are still on your feet.:p

I don't know if I would call them strange, but I didn't expect a putter in a basket. I have also found a star coyote next to a basket and a wraith next to a basket. must have been some quality stuff man.

Texconsinite I have a similar story.

Once when I was doing some field practice in a random park I threw a disc that turned over really badly and ended up somewhere on a blind steep hillside completely covered in Kudzu. While I never found my disc I did find an unmarked JLS. I absolutely love that thing, it is one of the best discs(3 of my 10 aces) in my bag and has totally made me forget what it was that I lost on that hill.

The strange thing is that the random field I was throwing in was roughly 15 miles from the nearest course at the time. Additionally I have never seen anyone out there throwing other than myself.
that IS weird. Dude I started playing frisbee golf in 1986 and in 1987 someone else finally showed up when I was flinging my big black frisbee and he had a disc. I had never seen or heard of one. So people have been playing for over 30 yrs. But the disc you found was made more recently, right:confused:

Ive Lost 2 discs and found 2 discs in the same day before. Me and a friend were playing Lake Park in Lewisville Tx and i go to tee off on hole #5 and throw my destroyer. It hits a branch and flys off somewhere out of site... gone. Well i found a crappy JLS on hole 11 later on. Star desroyer for a JLS,

DGC - 1
Yoshi - 0

Well after that dreadfull 6 over round we go back home and decide to get in a round at Bill Allen in The Colony Tx. Well on hole #3 (like a dumb @$$) i grab my girlfriends Star destroyer and rip it... yep you guessed it right into the trees and brush. Well while im looking for the disc i find a champion Beast stuck up in the trees. Star Destroyer for a Champ Beast,

DGC - 2
Yoshi - Dog house

At papago/ mouer park in Phoenix AZ, my buddy lost and found discs simultaneously. There are these two huge palm? trees that have grown together off to the side of fairway #4. He shanked his orange champ orc right into them. We saw the orange disc fly out the other side back onto the fairway, however, when we approached, it was a different orange champ disc. Searched up in the tree for 20 min, never even saw his disc again. It mustve knocked this one out of the tree when it went in. Just weird

On the side of the road

I was driving down a 4-lane street in Fort Worth, TX. As I passed an open field (between a hospital and a shopping center), I saw a green, round object against the curb. For some reason, it looked like a disc. I stopped my car and found an XL in nearly perfect condition. The nearest course was more than 5 miles away, and the field next to the road was home to scrub brush and cows.

My friend was having a tree cut down in his backyard and to his surprise there was a Pro Starfire up in it's branches. It didn't belong to him or anyone in his family.

found a champ tye dye orc inbetween holes at dusk once
a champ leopard 15 feet from the basket at unc
a "roller" or something and a scream dt on the same round at kentwood
a jls and a unknown innova putter on the edge of the water at cedar hills, and a brand new dx shark way left of the fairway on 2

it was later reclamated by said water hole, I threw it hard enough, high enough, and long enough, but there's a small sign 10 feet in the water telling you not to swim, I hit it

lol I don't think I've ever thought about hitting that sign. Now I'm going to be thinking of that when I throw that hole.

The most random place I have found a disc is sitting on top of the basket. I'm not sure if someone left it or just found it and put it on the basket. Not wanting to intervene with the disc's destiny I left it for the next person to find. (DX Destroyer)

I find discs all the time because at my local course Gateway discs sports is right by hole 18 and they just throw them out on the course mostly factory seconds and misprints but still free discs I have gotten like 20 of them since january.

The weirdest story is I was cleaning out under my bed and I found a green champion Teebird that I have never seen before it was almost brand new it was the weirdest thing ended up trading it because I already had one traded it for an Tye-Dye champion Orc.

I've found one just sitting in the parking lot... someone must have left it on top of the gar or something.

A guy from my dad's work (dad plays DG) brought him a disc, said it was just laying in his driveway one morning. He lives next to a disc golf course, but who could misplace a driver in someone's driveway?

Found one I threw in the center of a hollowed out stump, hole in one?

One of my friends and I were searching for a disc in the woods beside a hole once. We've lost and found 10 or so discs in there, so it was just another day in those woods. But while we were searching, he stepped on something that felt like a disc. The thing was, there was only grass and more grass under his feet. And it was a grass that was similar to Kudzu, although I'm not sure what it is called. It just grew in a vine-like way all over the ground. So we started pulling up grass, and about 30 seconds later, there was a disc, lying there under the grass. It was green too. We we're somewhat in awe that the disc had been there so long that the grass had grown over the disc so much. We thought that someone would have found the disc before it became completely engulfed by the grass. However, it was a Raging Inferno DT X-out, so I understand if plenty of people saw the disc and just left it there . . .

I've never lost any, (haven't played long enough) but I have a friend who left 3 on his car and drove away. Whoever found those must've been pretty puzzled to find 3 just laying in a parking lot.

Latest posts