• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Streamline Discs - Pilot

Had a ton of great shots with the Pilot this past weekend. official: its more stable than initial numbers suggest. My stamp says 2/5/-1/1 or something like that. and its really 2/5/0/1.5 (or even a 2) I honestly am happy its more stable, seperates from the Proxy a lot and my Atom is still stable just a touch faster and less glide than a N Pilot. Digging it a lot. Nice for elevation touch shots and runs at the basket. overall a random pickup that now is in my bag for the summer. not sure if that will change but....I really think its a great disc. that's all.

Plasma pilots for the MVP open are up on infinite and they are beautiful. Too bad I wasn't a fan of the neutron pilot.

Sias Elmore commented in Facebook that it feels flatter than Neutron and maybe touch more stable. I find it interesting as my Neutrons are already completely flat. But maybe it has smaller shoulder, making it feel shallower and flatter. Which would be great.

That sounds perfect. I can't wait to pick one up and see if it can replace my Pure as my main throwing putter.

has anybody experience with the glow pilots yet?

I threw one in my bag right away. (almost my entire bag is color glow) The glow factor of this disc isn't stellar and the colors are pretty muted when compared to Color Glow C-Line/Champion, but it looks nice enough.

Flight is a bit more understable than the Neutron, but that's likely because the softer plastic comes out a bit tighter in the shoulder. I really like the feel of the plastic and the slightly more understable flight gives me more confidence in knowing how to throw as it matches my slightly seasoned Electron Pilots more closely.

How I'd rate my bagged Pilots if all thrown: (Electrons are just for putting and long approaches)
Beat Electron: 2/4/-2/0
Used Electron: 2/4/-1/.5
Eclipse: 2/3.5/-.5/.5
Neutron: 2/3/0/1

I threw one in my bag right away. (almost my entire bag is color glow) The glow factor of this disc isn't stellar and the colors are pretty muted when compared to Color Glow C-Line/Champion, but it looks nice enough.

Flight is a bit more understable than the Neutron, but that's likely because the softer plastic comes out a bit tighter in the shoulder. I really like the feel of the plastic and the slightly more understable flight gives me more confidence in knowing how to throw as it matches my slightly seasoned Electron Pilots more closely.

How I'd rate my bagged Pilots if all thrown: (Electrons are just for putting and long approaches)
Beat Electron: 2/4/-2/0
Used Electron: 2/4/-1/.5
Eclipse: 2/3.5/-.5/.5
Neutron: 2/3/0/1

Plasma and Neutron/Plasma blends are pretty same to the Eclipse. Neutron is by far the most stable. As for Electron, I actually find that Medium holds it shape and line the best in the "used" and "beat" phase. Soft Electron clovers the easiest but also has the best glide across all plastics. Firm Electron (I have been carrying some since the Winter Circuit release back in April) get a nice puddle top and the plastic has the best feel when broken in. I carry a Firm (or 2 in tournaments) for C1 putts and normally use by beat Soft Electron for C2 and step/jump putts. I then carry a Plasma for off the tee shots. I might switch to a Neutron but I prefer the Plasma grip a bit more. Although the Neutrons are so dang straight.

I haven't even seen a Plasma Pilot. I'd love to get my hands on one of those! I love the look and feel of the Plasma plastic.

They were in the player packs for the MVP AM side this past Sept. They also sold them to benefit the competition. The leftovers were sold to Marshall Street that still has them I believe. There are people selling them on the MVP BST page on FB.

Those first run Electron Pilots are super sweet, lowered my score from circles edge and out, but get dog-eared quickly with normal putting and practice use. Went through four of them this year !!

Went back to my Wardens in classic blend for regular putting duties. These will last a full year of heavy use.

Keeping a newish Electron bagged for those long putts and approach uses. It just glides with little effort. Also have a Proton for more stable use and the Eclipse (Mostly Glowless!!)
for when the daylight escapes the course.

Anyone that grabbed a Plasma Pilot, is it as deep as the Proton Pilot? I have two Electron Pilots that feel shallower than my Proton Pilot and I'd be interested in throwing a shallower Pilot in something other than Electron.

Anyone that grabbed a Plasma Pilot, is it as deep as the Proton Pilot? I have two Electron Pilots that feel shallower than my Proton Pilot and I'd be interested in throwing a shallower Pilot in something other than Electron.

All the premium plastics and Firm Electron have the same shoulder height and feel identical in the hand. I think the nature of the Medium and Soft Electron just cools differently out of the mold. The shoulder just doesn't seem as pronounced. All Electrons tend to get puddle topped when beaten in and depending on where you place your thumb gives the perception of a higher shoulder. So in a round about answer -- all premiums are identical. Cosmic Neutron is the only one that seems to fly a tick more OS than the rest. Electrons just because of the nature of the plastic feels a tad different in the hand when new.

I was on the road a few months back and picked up a used Electron at Hazy Shade for a couple quick rounds locally.
Great disc. Lots of glide and great accuracy, I really enjoyed this one and it reminds me a lot of a first run Reko.
Just picked up a great Santa Claws stamp neutron from Infinite, interested to see how they glide in neutron and if it might be worth holding onto as a driving putter.

I'm wondering the same thing. I'm looking to replace my envy as my workhorse driving/approach putter and I'm trying to decide between a neutron pilot or another k1 reko. My old k1 reko wasn't much less stable then the envy and is similarly fast. I don't like the envy on shorter approach shots because it is too stable and sometimes tends to go too long.

Currently putting with K3 Rekos and throwing K1 and K1 Glow.
I have been trying out a Neutron Pilot as a thrower. The discs are very similar in hand feel with the Pilot being slightly more comfortable for me as a thrower. I like shallow discs. The Pilot is a hair longer with a tad more glide for me and has less fade. The Reko definitely has more finish at the end.

The Pilot is very straight but mine is pretty fresh. I am really enjoying it and may order an Electron version to see how it goes against my K3s. For now, I would number the Neutron Pilot as 3/4/-.5/1 and the K1 Reko as 3/3/0/1.5

...Just picked up a great Santa Claws stamp neutron from Infinite...
LOL, thanks for the compliment :)

Today's round had a grudge match between the Pilot, Envy, Ohm, proxy, and others. I used to be all about Pilots, especially the soft Electron. The Ohm is making a strong case against the Pilot though.

Last edited:
Morning folks! Hey I was looking at the eclipse proton pilot.. It's listed as 2/5/0/1 on the disc yet from what I read here it sounds like it might be the most neutral flyer.. Just curious what the word was, I'm essentially looking for a glow Ohm. Any comparisons?

Just picked up a glow recently, it is definitely less OS than cosmic N. Flies a tad bit more OS than a used Neutron I got. I think the glow and neutron would be fairly close when fresh.