• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] Struggling with mids

Prodigium

Par Member
Title tells it. I'm trying to get back throwing mids again and I'm so lost with all these threads. What I need is a solid midrange line-up(OS-straight-turnover) with as few molds as possible. These are what I was thinking:

Gator-DX/KCP Rocs?

Drone-Buzzz?

Something else? We have discs made by Innova, Lat64 and Discraft here(means westside, discmania etc. too) RHBH/RHFH player, I can flick a Roc no problem, but beadless are always better/easier. And yeah, it would be easy to just buy everything to try or ask someone who carries them, but everybody just throws a driver and putts with a premium plastic up here. lol.

You could go the old fashioned route and just do KC/DX Rocs.

You should definitely look at the Fuse and the Comet. They are both very versatile discs. Very fun to throw as well.

Latitude Mace Goldline (OS), Mace zero hard worked a little (Strait), Latitude Fuse for stable/understable. A Warship would substitute nicely for the Zero hard Mace.

Gold Line Mace(max weight)/Prodigy M1
VIP Warship/Zero Hard Mace
Gold Line Fuse/Gold Line Core

Those are my 6 favs, first one is more preferable before the slash

Wasp (a tad more stable than Buzzz)/Hornet (more stable than Wasp, more fade)/Drone (really overstable)

Buzzz

Buzzz SS/Comet/Meteor (seems a bit to fast for those touch-shots though)

Yeah. I really liked Rocs, but never gave them any more attention(was throwing a buzzz) and I've never owned an OS mid. Is a champ glow Gator worth buying, mean, is there big enough difference compared to star(except bead)? Stabilitywise?

Thank you everyone, I'll keep an eye for a fuse/comet too.

I'll just leave this open if someone else needs help.

Last edited:
I can't say enough good things about the Westside Warship as a straight midrange.

I've recently gone back to Innova discs and instead of Rocs, I've bagged Sharks. Never a disc I used or thought about, always had that beginner stigma.

They are the Roc's slightly less stable brother with a straighter flight. Premo plastic ones are more stable plus the Shark3 is about as stable as a Champ Rancho.

Yeah. I really liked Rocs, but never gave them any more attention(was throwing a buzzz) and I've never owned an OS mid. Is a champ glow Gator worth buying, mean, is there big enough difference compared to star(except bead)? Stabilitywise?

Thank you everyone, I'll keep an eye for a fuse/comet too.

I'll just leave this open if someone else needs help.

Star & Champ Gators both start out almost exactly the same stability but as the discs get beat-in the Star gets straighter/less stable while the Champion Gator stays nice & really stable longer than the Star. That's why many people throw champion plastic (or other companies equivalent to champ) for their over stable/stable discs, so they stay that way. Also glow plastic makes it even more stable. In my opinion Champ Gators are great discs, they're great for windy days & I'd never play a round without one.

Try everything and find something that clicks. I think that midranges are so user-friendly and useful that when you find a few specimens that you like you will be so enamored that they will instantly become your go to drivers.

I'd go with Rocs or a Buzzz. Im sure there are others, but just stick with what you like and really spend some time with it. I don't personally throw an OS mid, I just power down my Firebird, you could do the same with your XXX. It really helps to build familiarity and comfort with your workhorse, IMO.

I'd say.... why are you asking other people to build up your lineup? Use some discs and see what works for you.

I don't see how asking others on mids would help you with your own game. Only you can tailor the suit of your game that will make you a good player. I'd say find something you like and stick with it and learn it like the back of your hand..... or your girls body. :D

I'd say.... why are you asking other people to build up your lineup? Use some discs and see what works for you.

I don't see how asking others on mids would help you with your own game. Only you can tailor the suit of your game that will make you a good player. I'd say find something you like and stick with it and learn it like the back of your hand..... or your girls body. :D

Some people don't want to spend the money on trying disc after disc and would prefer to ask for opinions on where to start?