• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sweet skip shot

Nice shot but didn't look like no 400' to me! Maybe it was from a short pin?

All the holes at Blackfalls were measured using a range finder and wheel. This hole measures over 400'. I was playing in the lead group behind these guys so I know where the shot landed. The hole plays slightly downhill, about 15' of drop over a river.

Also the player JJ Johnson is a seasoned pro that is known for serious distance. The disc in this video is traveling much faster than your average thrower.

Last edited:
There is a hole that is about 320 at my local course with a huge ditch, about 100 feet out from the tee, you throw over. I like to see the look on peoples faces when I throw my Destroyer straight at the ground, about 60-70 feet out, and skip it all the way to the pin.

Such a fun shot, I saw one of our local pros hit an ace on it doing the same thing. Easily the coolest ace I've ever seen on a 250+ foot skip.

There is a hole that is about 320 at my local course with a huge ditch, about 100 feet out from the tee, you throw over. I like to see the look on peoples faces when I throw my Destroyer straight at the ground, about 60-70 feet out, and skip it all the way to the pin.

Such a fun shot, I saw one of our local pros hit an ace on it doing the same thing. Easily the coolest ace I've ever seen on a 250+ foot skip.

I envy you cali. When I throw straight at the ground, about 60-70 feet out, it's a worm burner. Every time. :wall:

Touch 'o' hyzer, fast disc, VERY hard ground on the elevated area. Throwing shots like I described will be worm burners 90% of the time. You need to find a hole with the perfect conditions. Hole 8 at Belmont Park is one of the very few exceptions.

Latest posts