• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Switching from Innova to Swedish plastic!!

Good luck. I tried going all swedish and I had to come back to Innova for the dx leopard and dx stingray. I couldn't get anything heavy in swedish plastic that would flip for me. Maybe if I spent more time beating in the test plastic rivers and fuses, I would be ok, but when I threw the leopard again it just seemed so easy button compared to trying to get the river up to speed.

You should try an Underworld to replace the Leopard. It is more understable than the River.

And it's called the Americas when talking about both continents.

Bam.

Correct

But that does not make Canada part of America which is what Craftsman said. America is a country not a continent.

Or are you guys retrospectively trying to correct Craftsman's statement?

America is a country not a continent.

Not if ask people from south of Tejas. in Latin America they are taught that everything from Canada down to the bottom of Chile is America one giant continent. and most of them will say "todos somos americanos" (we are all Americans). I thought you called us "United Statesians" up there in Canadia.

Anyway back to the prospect of all Europlastic bags. I throw mostly Lat/WS/DD but I haven't found anything to replace my Leopard, Eagle, Mamba, or Polecat. Everything else is cool though. But one could argue that since Lat came onto the scene just in the last decade that they have shifted the disc speed categories up. For Example:
Putter now go to about speed 4 (Pure is a faster putter)
Mids now go up to speed 6-7 (Core is a fast mid and the Trident is more often used as a midrange)
Fairway drivers now go up to speed 9 (Saint/Vision/Striker/Stag/Underworld/Northman on and on and on)
Fast drivers are always fast drivers.

but the speed numbers are all relative make believe. I can do the same lines with the Core that I do with the Leopard (opto and Champ) but the Leopard just does better across the whole power band over the Core. The Eagle-X is hard to beat period. the Polecat is also a special animal. The Mamba could have been ousted by an original Vision but I unwittingly got a newer stabilized version. Although the Mamba is so ridiculously flippy I don't think anything could take its place.

Correct

But that does not make Canada er wrnw neitnwn twio niotw gibberish waste of text.

Or are you guys retrospectively trying to blah blah I'm wasting everyone's time?

Can you guys avoid ruining this thread? No one cares.

Anyway,

Destroyer - Trespass
Boss - an OS Havoc
Xcal - Slower giant, villain
Wraith - Beaten-in wraith
Firebird - XXX
Teebird - Try an escape or stag
Leopard - Rivers fly similarly, but don't feel the same
Roc - Mace or suspect
Drone - no other mids as overstable as a drone. just find a very OS mid that you like (Pain?)
Meteor - Tursas

Can you guys avoid ruining this thread? No one cares.

4R1tRr9.gif

If that's the case it would be nothing like a Leopard.

They aren't identical matches but a new underworld throws like a worn champ or new pro leo. It's longer because it's speed 7 and has a sharper rim but it's closer than a River is to a Leo in my opinion. That and someone who goes from a leopard to a river is not going to have any similar feel in the hand. None at all. An Underworld at least somewhat mimics the shape other than the differences I described earlier.

American grown, lol

I've read a lot of people say that the wood used for flywood discs is the same they use in skateboard decks.

And most skateboard decks are made with Canadian maple.

Just sayin'

Flywood is using the american grown variety, North American Sugar Maple. It's a hardrock maple. So, yeah they're all USA made.

tomdizzlefizzle said:
I'm switching to all American grown fly wood discs. Does anyone have comparisons for a: teebird, destroyer, roc,valk, leopard, wizard,zone?

For the question above this that was asking, "What model is a Flywood like?" That depends on which one you buy. I think the Logs are similar in flight to overstable Wizards, the Harvest flies like a longer Buzz or Roc and the Walking Stick reminds me of the flight of an SL, but with a sharper fade. Something tells me you didn't really want to know, but there you go.

Last edited:
The thing i love about Opto plastic is that you can crank a powerful shot right into a tree, pick up the disc, clean off the dirt, and have a hard time finding any marks. My Diamond has more tree hits than any other disc in my bag, and it's still 9/10.

Boss - Havoc?
Xcal - Giant (crazy overstable)
Destroyer - ???
Wraith - TP Sword, Flow, or Fuzion Renegade
FireBird - XXX
TeeBird - Heavy VIP Stag (little more glide and distance)
Leopard - Underworld
Roc - Suspect, Rain or Zero Mace (depends on what type of roc you throw)
Drone - I'm in the same boat as you.
Meteor - TP Tursas

Latest posts