• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Tactic

Maybe a modified Sinus? That has a similar look to the Harp as it is

Not that low of a profile. Could very well be a complete new mold.

Too much shoulder to be a Sinus top and a bit too tall to be a Sinus bottom... unless they took a Sinus and put a spacer in between.

Last edited:
i almost gets mad when i see Eagle throw a SUPER smooth FH with no effort at all and still throws a 4-speed discs FAR

. . HOW can he make it look so effortless?

Same reason everyone on tour throws far-technique and discipline.

Except Simon. He's just a freak.

Same reason everyone on tour throws far-technique and discipline.
Except Simon. He's just a freak.

tru. but everytime i see Eagle throw a 300ft shot i feel like he is SOOO effortless both FH and BH. . .

But back to the disc. . it don´t look THAT OS. . .let´s hope it is, most of Innova/Discmania attempt at OS disc ends up to be not-that-OS

Harp/Suspect -combo seems quite accurate. It's slightly shallower than Harp but flies pretty similarly based on the couple of throws I've had with an Exo Tactic. Haven't thrown the Lux/whatever version.

I love soft Harps but the slightly stiffer Exo Tactic did feel VERY good.

The Old P3 was great. . but then they messed that mould up. . .but the Tactic looks kind of close to that older P3

So is this disc close to a RAT or more OS?

Threw one today. I feel like many will say "they could have made it more OS", me included. Not a bad disc but it wasnt in a hurry to get out of anhyzers. Surprising distance for a super low glide disc too. I thought it would be much more dumpy. Will give it a fair chance in the spring but for now the Gator is securely in its slot.

Threw one today. I feel like many will say "they could have made it more OS", me included. Not a bad disc but it wasnt in a hurry to get out of anhyzers. Surprising distance for a super low glide disc too. I thought it would be much more dumpy. Will give it a fair chance in the spring but for now the Gator is securely in its slot.

Yeah looking at others throw it, it doesn't look very OS... Anyone else throw one yet?

Looks right between a harp and zone in speed and fade. No point for me to own one because I like using a harp and zone in my bag

I just got back from throwing mine. I will say it is .5 to .75 less stable than a zone. Basically a zone ss. Give it a buttery smooth forehand and its nice and reliable. Try to get on it and it struggles to hold up. Gets a little bit of that HSS wobble. On backhands it can fight anny on a higher line. Great feeling in the hand. It will battle for my MD5 spot and probably get it.

Yeah looking at others throw it, it doesn't look very OS... Anyone else throw one yet?

I played two rounds with the Tactic last week. I'll be playing with it again tomorrow.

For me, beefier than a Harp but not as beefy as a Zone.

Shallower than a Harp so easier for me to forehand. I don't do that much though as I'm pretty backhand dominant.

Well, three rounds and I think I am taking the Tactic out of my bag for now.

Nothing to do with the feel or the flight of the disc but more so with the plastic.

When you're used to sticking your landings within a few feet of the basket with the BT plastics using anything else just doesn't cut it.

Still a good disc, just not my cup of tea.

Well, three rounds and I think I am taking the Tactic out of my bag for now.

Nothing to do with the feel or the flight of the disc but more so with the plastic.

When you're used to sticking your landings within a few feet of the basket with the BT plastics using anything else just doesn't cut it.

Still a good disc, just not my cup of tea.

This makes a lot of sense, I have not thrown the tactic but the plastic they chose is not ideal for approach shots which is a bit silly since its a Discraft Zone Clone. I run into this problem with premium plastic Zones but Discraft makes Xsoft Zones that stick like lawn darts so they are my go too for approach.

DG companys are just pushing gimmicks and shiny plastics to sell discs rather then focusing on consistency across all there molds, they would rather mix some leftover plastic they got on the warehouse floor and press some discs that look like baby puke and sell it to a bunch of suckers for extra calling it SWIRLY, lol what a joke!