• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tag Concept - Thoughts or opinions

CenterShock

Me and a few friends started a mini disc golf club and we are looking into creating a unique tag for the group. The group name is "Pin High Mini Disc Golf". Since we are "Pin High" I thought of doing pins as the tags. See attachment.

The idea is when you join the group you get 2 pins (and a Pin High mini). The one pin would be your member pin that you keep forever. There are 6 of us that started this group so instead of us figuring out who is 1, who is 6, etc. we are "founders" and will not have member numbers. The first club member number would be 7 and go up from there. The other pin would be your annual tag. You would get the same numbers at the beginning of the year and then every year after that you would get a new yearly tag.

We are going to initially just use the tags for fun when we throw. We get together at least twice a week so tags would be traded a lot but we wont keep stats for the tags. You just end up with what you have.

What do you think of the pins? My cousin is a jewelry maker and is going to be the one to produce the tags for me. They are only 1" round so easy to transport. And this is for minis so we wanted something to be small. Any comments or criticism is welcome. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_20151120_150602530-1.jpg
    IMG_20151120_150602530-1.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 81
Neat idea!
But be careful, when I first modded out my bag, I got patches and pins. Playing wooded courses (and in the thicket from time to time), I now only have one of those pins left: it sits in the crook of the bag between a drink holder and an extended side pocket. :(

I say pins are a bad idea. Something that uses a d-ring or keychain will last so much longer. Im sure ur cuz could bedazzle some type of keychain for ya that hooks on the bags zippers.

I've lost many pins from my bags unfortunately... I've never lost a clipped on tag. I love pins, but the only ones that don't disappear are the ones with security set pins in them designed to not come off.