• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Taller = More Distance

You're also more likely to walk into a tree limb.

So true, and I do it all the time. I wear baseball caps when I'm outdoors, which makes it really easy to walk straight into branches that are trimmed to just above eye level. I feel like a moron every time, but I figure if you can't laugh at yourself, you don't laugh half as much. :rolleyes:

Helped? Sure, you've completely broken my spirit and just re-confirmed that i really do suck. :( :(

seriously though, i know my technique can use vast improvements, but i haven't met anyone in this area who either: knows what i'm doing wrong and can show me corrections/is willing to help/or happens to be on the course with me the same day.

that being said, i DID throw the farthest i ever have today after buying a Beast. proper equipment IS a factor in my equation, but probably not (as you soul-crushingly pointed out) the biggest factor.

:/

Didn't mean to crush you - not my intent:) On that vein, while you can benefit from playing with others that can tell you what you are doing wrong and is willing to help, your best teacher is experience. Everyone has to find their own way - don't rely too much on others, you discover a lot through continued play.

Bottom line: keep throwing, and throwing, and throwing.

Height definitley has it's advantages if you know the proper form and technique. Unfortunatley I have not utilized my height to gain maximum distance. A few weeks ago as I was playing solo in Ft Wayne, the league director (I don't play league) finished hole 9 as I was teeing off on number one and he approached me. He noticed my height (6'4") and mentioned I have the build for a distance thrower. I just wish I could play league so I could play with others and get tips and advice and become a better DGer.

I'm 6'2" and all the guys I play with on a regular basis are several inches shorter than me. in the last month of getting back into disc golf, I hadnt played more than a couple times in 3 years and even before then enjoyed it but didnt care too much, Ive increased my drive from struggling to hit 300 to going an easy 350 and as much as 400. No one I play with knows how I can outdo them everytime, but my height and arm speed must have some sort of impact

I know this guy I play with who's 6'5 but I can outdrive him most of the time, even though I'm only 5'7. The farthest I've seen him throw is a shade over 350 whereas I've outdriven a hole that is (supposedly) 405 feet by roughly 15 feet. So in my opinion, being tall doesn't really help that much until your form is down.

Latest posts